Most annoying aspect of the game?

If you could pick one thing that needs changed or removed, what would it be?

Personally, I can't stand the fact the fires can start on their own in summertime.  Half the time, they start smoldering off screen and you can't do anything about it.  The next thing you know there's a fire going off in the distance that destroys countless resources, some of which aren't renewable.  It's common enough that it makes exploring during summer a complete gamble that you are almost guaranteed to lose.  I'm generally fine when games throw random events in your direction to see if you are prepared to handle it, but this takes things too far in my opinion.

How about you?  What aspect can you not stand?

People, be constructive in your criticism. We've reported people for far less here. 

Back on topic. 

Smoldering objects (including smoldering Pigs) can be manually cooled with Ice, FertilizersIce Staff or with the player's hands (it will damage the player by 520px-HealthMeter.png), but Ice is not readily available in the Summer, and in a large base, fires may start faster than the player can reach them. This makes it very hard to protect SaplingsGrass, Berry Bushes, Trees and other flammable farms during the Summer, as the fire will keep spreading until everything is burned. Items will only combust when near the player, so they may also be protected simply by avoiding them until Autumn.

Summer fires while it looks like it happens "off screen" actually follows the DS proximity rules. if you approach anything within  a 2-3 screen range, it then can "activate" and have whatever effects can happen in your world (seasons creatures, etc.) If you are worried about smouldering in Summer, don't get near an unexplored area or be ready to immediately use extinguishing smoke/fire methods when exploring as mentoned.  

Does wanting that PenGull WHAAAAAAA sound to be redone because it happens every 15 seconds count for this topic also?

(Praying for night to shut them up I swear...)

[My most annoying aspect of the game is for no reason whatsoever, crock pot food can turn into rot 5 seconds after it was made. It doesn't alway do this, and it isn't raining when it happens (but it could be) it just does, with no rhyme or reason, and I use fresh ingredients. ]

Summer fires....

I have 20 drying racks in a far away area that I don't go anywhere near during summer. A few days ago, I had a brain fart, thought I was in early Autumn and went to dry some meat. As I finished hanging the meat, I went to leave and for whatever reason went back. As I got there, a drying rack was smoldering so I quickly put it out then left.

I then went to an area that has a good amount of spiders, not much to burn other than spider dens. I was checking the status of the spider dens to see if they were ready to farm. They weren't so I left. I ran back up to them and BAM...there was one smoldering. So I took out a couple spiders and put it out.

Yesterday, I needed some grass. I had a set piece of the guardian pigs with grass but took out the piggies and their torches, so now I have 50 free grass. Most of it was wilted but I picked what I could and left. Then turned around and went back to see one smoldering. Put it out and went on my way.

You seeing a pattern here yet? While it's not 100% to happen like this, it seems to happen to me alot. I do still get an occasional smoldering at my base that the flingers take care of, but when I'm out and about and I don't want an area to burn, I leave then quickly return and it seems to work.

Of course, if you don't like the fire summers, you could always turn it off at the beginning of the game. In fact, when I first starting playing RoG I turned off the fires and frog rain so I could get an idea of the new game mechanics. Once I knew what to expect, I turned them back on.

Summer fires while it looks like it happens "off screen" actually follows the DS proximity rules. if you approach anything within  a 2-3 screen range, it then can "activate" and have whatever effects can happen in your world (seasons creatures, etc.) If you are worried about smouldering in Summer, don't get near an unexplored area or be ready to immediately use extinguishing smoke/fire methods when exploring as mentoned.  

Does wanting that PenGull WHAAAAAAA sound to be redone because it happens every 15 seconds count for this topic also?

(Praying for night to shut them up I swear...)

[My most annoying aspect of the game is for no reason whatsoever, crock pot food can turn into rot 5 seconds after it was made. It doesn't alway do this, and it isn't raining when it happens (but it could be) it just does, with no rhyme or reason, and I use fresh ingredients. ]

I used to think the pengulls sounded cute.  The key phrase there was "used to".  I find them pretty annoying, too.  Also, I noticed that rot think happen to me as well.  Is it a glitch, or is there some random chance of your food turning out bad?

I think the most annoying and only frustrating thing about Don't Starve (that is not your failure) is lureplants... more precisely, their eyeplants hunger. These things can devour anything, no remains! Lost a walking cane, a lantern and a lot of resources due to that once. Eversince, I drop all valuables and irreplacables, such as the eyebone, before going close to these things.

Mine is that there is no achievement system but i understand that they want players to enjoy and not feel boxed in but i would really want achievements i'm one of those type of people :D

mactusck drop of that sweet sweet hat i killied fuckin*ng 8 and none of it dropeped the iten i got to the pointo afters swo many days campng away i dont have flinto to chop wood anymore i spend 5 hole days killing then . IN WINtER

mactusck drop of that sweet sweet hat i killied fuckin*ng 8 and none of it dropeped the iten i got to the pointo afters swo many days campng away i dont have flinto to chop wood anymore i spend 5 hole days killing then . IN WINtER

Wish I could give you some of mine. I have 3 full chests filled with them. 5 walking canes and I use the leftover walrus tusks to help me line the roads for winter. Day 520. Of course I have 3 walrus camps in close to each other and one on the other side of the world that I never farm.

Biggest annoyance?

How many bugs and glitches I get in the game.

lmao

Aside from that I just hate Pengulls.

HateHateHate

They startle the heck out of me and wind up sitting in my base all winter like a family of noisy a-holes.

agreed.  I set up camp, all prepared for winter, winter starts, and it turns out the very center of my camp was a pengull home.  I spent two nights listening to them, then I went and collected some pig followers and murdered them all.  Forget the naughtiness points, or whatever, they had to go. 

I think the most annoying and only frustrating thing about Don't Starve (that is not your failure) is lureplants... more precisely, their eyeplants hunger. These things can devour anything, no remains! Lost a walking cane, a lantern and a lot of resources due to that once. Eversince, I drop all valuables and irreplacables, such as the eyebone, before going close to these things.

Oh you can retrieve them, if you kill the plant boss around 18 seconds after it eats your stuff. 

Wish I could give you some of mine. I have 3 full chests filled with them. 5 walking canes and I use the leftover walrus tusks to help me line the roads for winter. Day 520. Of course I have 3 walrus camps in close to each other and one on the other side of the world that I never farm.

dont worry i have walking canes just six ones the last one i didn even bother to pick

post-222512-0-52057200-1406925826_thumb.

Archived