Most annoying aspect of the game?

Caving feel's annoying to me.  Like a groan inducing chore with no interesting enough payoff to feel worth it.

I thought you'd adore the giant bunnies.

Don't you want to pat the bunny DQ?

*re-reads and stops there before it goes off on some perverted bent and not the adorable kid's novel he was referring to.* 

item storage is a disaster. after only 10 in-game days I have a bunch of chests full of crap I don't want to throw out.

Ah, the struggles of a hoarder, I feel you man. I'm all too familiar with "Everything needs to be organized in these chests but there's not enough room for everything I own, have owned or will own, forever!"

Maybe I'm a little more of a neatfreak than a hoarder, but there's just never enough space for everything and I refuse to leave anything just sitting out in the open, it looks messy! XD

Ah, the struggles of a hoarder, I feel you man. I'm all too familiar with "Everything needs to be organized in these chests but there's not enough room for everything I own, have owned or will own, forever!"

Maybe I'm a little more of a neatfreak than a hoarder, but there's just never enough space for everything and I refuse to leave anything just sitting out in the open, it looks messy! XD

weirdly enough, it never crossed my mind that leaving stuff out in the open was an option. I might start doing that instead of spending precious daytime chopping trees to get more chests. what are the actual risks of doing that? faster spoiling? wildlife eating all my food? fire?

but honestly, the number 1 problem is rabbits not stacking. I understand it would be op if they did stack, but they are so easy to get and they don't spoil, so they are my go-to crockpot ingredient in all my games.

weirdly enough, it never crossed my mind that leaving stuff out in the open was an option. I might start doing that instead of spending precious daytime chopping trees to get more chests. what are the actual risks of doing that? faster spoiling? wildlife eating all my food? fire?

but honestly, the number 1 problem is rabbits not stacking. I understand it would be op if they did stack, but they are so easy to get and they don't spoil, so they are my go-to crockpot ingredient in all my games.

And moleworms can eat anything mineral-related. 

I really hate the constant change to nightmare phase in the ruins, but that's not something that should be changed. Depth worms are thought. I think the max coming at you should be 3, but less often, and once they do spawn, instead of agrooing you straight away, they should stay in one place while hanging their glowbery. Get too close, they'll come after you. Wouldn't you agree? (and I don't even wanna talk about Rock lobster overpopulation)

Not being able to pick the time and place for fighting giants. Either I'm not prepared to face them when they arrive, or I spend entire seasons dozing by my campfire, surrounded by traps and loaded with weapons, armor and healing items, waiting for an attack that never comes. The latter is especially annoying when I'm raring to fight Bearger for his Thick Fur.

Other than that would be the endless chase by the creatures of the Ruins once you are in their sights. I hate to waste exploration time and health fighting them off, especially when it comes to the Splumonkey/Shadow Splumonkey and their item-knocking ability.

Not being able to pick the time and place for fighting giants. Either I'm not prepared to face them when they arrive, or I spend entire seasons dozing by my campfire, surrounded by traps and loaded with weapons, armor and healing items, waiting for an attack that never comes. The latter is especially annoying when I'm raring to fight Bearger for his Thick Fur.

Other than that would be the endless chase by the creatures of the Ruins once you are in their sights. I hate to waste exploration time and health fighting them off, especially when it comes to the Splumonkey/Shadow Splumonkey and their item-knocking ability.

Well. They ARE giant forces of nature, It's not like they're gonna attack you whenever your ready, they'll attack you whenever they're good and ready.

Well. They ARE giant forces of nature, It's not like they're gonna attack you whenever your ready, they'll attack you whenever they're good and ready.

For [CENSORED] and giggles, I set up a base in the Swamp on a fall starting game. Winter was a Breeze, even with Ole Deary.

Then spring happened, and Goose-Moose instantly spawned that first day. Poor idiot didn't even give me a fighting chance with all those spiders, merms and tentacles. No, I mean really I didn't get a single blow in they were so busy swarming her.

I was lucky she made a nest and I got her meat while fighting the (remaining) swarm of enemies! Why I always wear a football helmet when picking up drops...

I'm aware of that, of course, but it's still annoying since I'm not getting to fight them. Again, it's either run for my life or die of boredom.

Ok for the things I don't like... Tamed spiders as Webber attack my walls and chester.

Thats it.... everything else is fine with me.

Now for some tips to help with all your problems...

*Hounds* Problem? have some fun with them! Set up an obstacle course for them to run through, complete with Tooth, Bee, and Other Blocks! OR you could just have a panic room full of teethtraps :p.

*Lurepant* Screw him over by Equipping a Tentacle spike, one hit those eyeball bastuds.

*Pengulls* Egg problems? At night when they fall asleep you can use your character to push them away to steal those tasty Eggus!

*Smoldering* Do as the romans do.... Shut that crap off... or you have 2 options... have FireSuppressors going round the clock, refuling every 4 days. OR make a secondary base just for the summer very far away!

*Monkeys* DON'T EAT ANY LIGHT BULBS.

*Rock Lobsters* DON'T EVER TAKE ONE TO THE SURFACE.

Lastly *Giants* Rush Gunpowder Tech blow them suckers up in there sleep(sounds funny). I'd post stratagies for each one but i'm too lazy :)

Have fun hope these helped you in any way.

As mentioned before, I also think fires in summer are an "annoying aspect".

But it's not that they exist (actually it is very exciting that those turtle bases are digged out somehow) it is the way how they work. You may not see smoldering objects (turning up the volume helps a bit!) and then those wicked fires spread around everything. That's somehow not funny at all and is just destroying your world.

I would like it to work like this:

*Fires can only ignite a maximum of 20 entities (Flowers, Saplings, Tress etc.) and won't spread anymore after reaching the cap (stacked items on the ground are counting as one entity). This would prevent whole biomes to burn down in a matter of seconds but fire will still be able to burn down huge chunks of your base.

*Fire isn't spreading that fast anymore and can be put out while fully burning like normal smoldering objects. You can't however do so with your bare hands to get some balancing in it ... or you just get 50 HP damage, as you wish^^

Because fire is spreading so insanly fast you have basically no chance to react besides panicking. A delay between 5 to 10 seconds after another burnable object starts to burn would gain us the ability to put it out (as mentioned above) or to make a firebreak to prevent further damage.

Optional:

*Smoldering objects only have a chance of 50% to actually ignite. So you don't have to panic arround every time you hear the smoldering sound of doom. But if you get too careless...

also, frog rain at sunset. Nothing worse in the world when it's raining, so you're getting wet, your fire needs more fuel to keep burning all night and plop, there's a frog right next to you. and he hates you. so you have to either whip up a trap to stop him without getting hit or spend the night running circles around your fire to avoid him, only stopping long enough to add fuel to the fire. you can't just kill him, because you know there are more frogs right nearby, and if you take a swing the hordes will descend.

also, frog rain at sunset. Nothing worse in the world when it's raining, so you're getting wet, your fire needs more fuel to keep burning all night and plop, there's a frog right next to you. and he hates you. so you have to either whip up a trap to stop him without getting hit or spend the night running circles around your fire to avoid him, only stopping long enough to add fuel to the fire. you can't just kill him, because you know there are more frogs right nearby, and if you take a swing the hordes will descend.

I whip up the trap. Overall, i can catch several of them even when "running around in circles." At least i'm getting fed. 

Archived