Bring back the Purple Dusk!

Purple dusk  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should the purple dusk return?

• Yes, it fits well with the game's atmosphere!
    • No, it's fine the way it is.
    • There should be an option.
    • It should depend on the season/phase.

What's with all the people hating on Klei and saying they've been doing a bad job recently? I think Klei has been doing a freakin awesome job recently. Ther adding MULTIPLAYER for gods sake! Do you people not appreciate how awesome that is? 

Nobody's hating or saying they're doing a bad job...

And I know.  Please don't remind me.

Nobody's hating or saying they're doing a bad job...

And I know.  Please don't remind me.

Yeah I do recall soemthign about Kevin saying somethign like that, I also recall someoen saying it wouldn't be possible to mod those in.  Yeah but lately I haven't been liking Klei so much and what they're doing with the game, but that's just me.

It was this post that set me off and caused me to rant in the first thread I just happened to be in. But I've noticed others complaining about Klei these past few days on a few different threads.

It was this post that set me off and caused me to rant in the first thread I just happened to be in. But I've noticed others complaining about Klei these past few days on a few different threads.

That's one person's opinion.  He doesn't like DST; hell, I'm not the biggest fan of it; but I digress.  The point is that deciding something is this or that way off the thoughts of a few people is a very big generalization and usually is an untruth.  Everyone has their own opinions.

I think they should add an option. I would very much love a purple dusk. Maybe not quite that purple since it's a bit ugly, but still I would like a purple dusk. AI think there should definitely be an option.

We used to. None of the recent great suggestions have actually been implemented. On another note, I 100% want this, it was nice to have a differentiation for each phase. And Dusk strains my eyes too.

I really hope Klei takes this into consideration. I mean, they already implemented features for those who are disabled (the hound warnings), so why can't they implement this? Some of us don't have computer screens that godly-bright, so having a dusk option is necessary. You know something needs to change when you're physically in pain.

@emrextreme

The response before has been that due to the way the world generates now, it's not really possible to have them the way they were in the early stages of the game. I'll go bug [MENTION=7]Alia[/MENTION] about it again.

Also Kevin said the circle islands sucked. ):

I really hope Klei takes this into consideration. I mean, they already implemented features for those who are disabled (the hound warnings), so why can't they implement this? Some of us don't have computer screens that godly-bright, so having a dusk option is necessary. You know something needs to change when you're physically in pain.

I totally agree, it just seems like vanilla changes are finished, especially as RoG featured many small tweaks/changes that could've been patched into vanilla. I agree on the pain aspect too, having to strain your eyes is something that I would like to see changed, and this seems like the best way forward, in my opinion at least. 

Wouldn't mind an option for circle islands too. The nostalgia... :p

not really liking this "it can be an option" tagged on to every suggestion.

Well Don't Starve has a lot of things being an option, which makes basically everyone happy should the suggestion be implemented.

I'm all for more options graphically, my headaches sometimes get triggered easily and I'd love a purple dusk, it's easier on my brain.

Well Don't Starve has a lot of things being an option, which makes basically everyone happy should the suggestion be implemented.

I'm all for more options graphically, my headaches sometimes get triggered easily and I'd love a purple dusk, it's easier on my brain.

Saying "more options" to everything like the trend seems to be lately is a lazy response. Also, the more arbitrary or unnecessary (because that's what I think a lot of these are, not necessarily this one) options that are added to the game, the less defined the game becomes. They could have added a no permadeath option, for instance, at anytime to single player but they didn't, as well as probably a lot of other options.

It also takes away the point of arguing for or against a suggestion being implemented because person X will just say "just add this as an option. what is it hurting you?" It dilutes the game and divides the dev time for frankly unimportant inclusions. And if someone just gives up or doesn't argue their case as hard for whatever they thought up, that decreases the chances of the devs thinking it's a good idea (and that's probably the most motivating reason).

and really, there aren't that many options (not counting mods), just what is spawned in the world and who you are. I'm not saying options aren't good, I've just seen that phrase being used as a "cure all" way too much lately.

Sorry for the tangent. I won't say anything else.

Saying "more options" to everything like the trend seems to be lately is a lazy response. Also, the more arbitrary or unnecessary (because that's what I think a lot of these are, not necessarily this one) options that are added to the game, the less defined the game becomes. They could have added a no permadeath option, for instance, at anytime to single player but they didn't, as well as probably a lot of other options.

It also takes away the point of arguing for or against a suggestion being implemented because person X will just say "just add this as an option. what is it hurting you?" It dilutes the game and divides the dev time for frankly unimportant inclusions. And if someone just gives up or doesn't argue their case as hard for whatever they thought up, that decreases the chances of the devs thinking it's a good idea (and that's probably the most motivating reason).

and really, there aren't that many options (not counting mods), just what is spawned in the world and who you are. I'm not saying options aren't good, I've just seen that phrase being used as a "cure all" way too much lately.

Sorry for the tangent. I won't say anything else.

Its ok, I can kinda understand where you're coming from but for things like this its physically hurting me. And a lot of people don't get headaches from this kind of thing, so a mod or an option, just something would be incredibly nice.

It does look nice, but feels like it should be tied to an event.  It's ominous.   

It does look ominous. I like it! I like the idea of it being a autumn/winter thing too.  What kind of event would it be tired to?

Being from the East Coast, I vaguely remember winter nights before a huge blizzard being kind of a purple-y haze to it. That would be cool. Not sure how the devs would implement that tho... So much snow on the ground you'd need a shovel to get around?

It does look ominous. I like it! I like the idea of it being a autumn/winter thing too.  What kind of event would it be tired to?

Being from the East Coast, I vaguely remember winter nights before a huge blizzard being kind of a purple-y haze to it. That would be cool. Not sure how the devs would implement that tho... So much snow on the ground you'd need a shovel to get around?

I'm not sure myself, but seems like it could be something seasonal.  

More events could be explored in future dlc.

I do find it hard to see with the current dusk, especially if I'm in forest or on some other dark background, and I find myself peering at the screen more which I'm sure isn't good - I get a lot of headaches whatever I do so it's hard to tell if that makes them worse.

And I like purple, although I missed out on ever experiencing the original purple dusk, so no nostalgia element for me.

So I'd be in favour of a change that retained and/or built on the atmosphere of the current dusk but made it a bit easier to see what you're doing without straining your eyes.  I don't /think/ making it really hard to see was intentional, but maybe I'm wrong.

Archived