Bring back the Purple Dusk!

Purple dusk  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should the purple dusk return?

• Yes, it fits well with the game's atmosphere!
    • No, it's fine the way it is.
    • There should be an option.
    • It should depend on the season/phase.

[screenshots from Yogscast's videos]

I feel like the first person to address this..

RJAKR9i.png

Don't Starve used to have this beautiful purple tint at dusk, but after an update it changed to this:

6KVXflq.png

Now it looks bland and boring. It literally hurts my eyes to see through the darkness.

So I'm requesting some changes to the visual aesthetics, I want the purple tint back! This small detail was able to convince me to buy the game, and it helped me to be fully immersed with the game's atmosphere. Even the artwork agrees with me!

dont_starve.jpg

Good suggestions:

We used to. None of the recent great suggestions have actually been implemented. On another note, I 100% want this, it was nice to have a differentiation for each phase. And Dusk strains my eyes too.

Maybe it could be seasonal? The warm tint it is now would work best for Summer/Fall, and the purple one for Winter/Spring? Then both parties are happy! 

It does look nice, but just like the giant sphere island it's not coming back.

I disagree, Kevin explicitly said that the giant sphere islands were removed because they were bad game design. Klei didn't say anything bad about the visual aesthetics of dusk.

I believe the community has influence over Klei's decisions, especially with the suggestions that aim to make the game more awesome.

I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard for someone to mod in.

I don't really have any experience with color cubes and overlays and whatnot though.

I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard for someone to mod in.

I don't really have any experience with color cubes and overlays and whatnot though.

I wish for everyone (who has Don't Starve) to experience the beauty of dusk. I don't want it to be exclusive as a mod, just for those who feel particularly nostalgic.

I disagree, Kevin explicitly said that the giant sphere islands were removed because they were bad game design. Klei didn't say anything bad about the visual aesthetics of dusk.

I believe the community has influence over Klei's decisions, especially with the suggestions that aim to make the game more awesome.

Yeah I do recall soemthign about Kevin saying somethign like that, I also recall someoen saying it wouldn't be possible to mod those in.  Yeah but lately I haven't been liking Klei so much and what they're doing with the game, but that's just me.

Yeah I do recall soemthign about Kevin saying somethign like that, I also recall someoen saying it wouldn't be possible to mod those in.  Yeah but lately I haven't been liking Klei so much and what they're doing with the game, but that's just me.

I guess they can redeem themselves by bringing back the dusk. :)

Honestly though, all companies tend to be lukewarm after their huge successes. It's our expectations that let us down!

I wish for everyone (who has Don't Starve) to experience the beauty of dusk. I don't want it to be exclusive as a mod, just for those who feel particularly nostalgic.

Doesn't 'everyone' else get a say in what they want? :razz:

Perhaps it could be an added option in the world gen. then people have the choice without use of a mod. (or in the settings so it can be turned on and off after starting a game).

I like both. The dusk it is currently and the purple tint it was. I'd just like the option of being able to opt out of the purple. I have to admit I like the dusk now > purple tint. 

It does look nice, but just like the giant sphere island it's not coming back. However it would be nice if there was an option for this.

What is it? the giant sphere island Do you have a pic of that

please show me

What is it? the giant sphere island Do you have a pic of that

please show me

I don't have screenshots though, but before the "A little rain must fall update" each boime would generate in a sphere shaped island, they would all be connected b thin bridges of cobblestone. I'm terrible at explaining things but I'm sure you can find screenshots of how the wolds use too generate.

I kind of go either way. Sure the purple is pretty and works well with the atmosphere of the game, but the lighting affects look much better with the new dusk. The way the fire pit lets off that yellow-y circle of safety feels much nicer to me personally. If they put the purple tint back in as an option, it would take a whole re-working of the light systems.

We used to. None of the recent great suggestions have actually been implemented. On another note, I 100% want this, it was nice to have a differentiation for each phase. And Dusk strains my eyes too.

What's with all the people hating on Klei and saying they've been doing a bad job recently? I think Klei has been doing a freakin awesome job recently. Ther adding MULTIPLAYER for gods sake! Do you people not appreciate how awesome that is? 

Archived