Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

I agree, that seems solid. Every two weeks, we host a Klei TF2 event!

Guys, please don't forget your hams. (o)>{

@Xjurwi, (or whoever) should make a Steam group for it. That way, whenever one is coming up, announcements can posted, and timezones sorted. Also, if this is fortnightly, I'd recommend shifting the start time around. This one was at 3PM for me, but I know others had it start near midnight (or while they slept), so it's not fair on them to exclude them or force them to stay up until ungodly hours to play. Plus, it only lasted four hours (and by the end it was just five of us playing MvM).

(o)>{

@Xjurwi, (or whoever) should make a Steam group for it. That way, whenever one is coming up, announcements can posted, and timezones sorted. Also, if this is fortnightly, I'd recommend shifting the start time around. This one was at 3PM for me, but I know others had it start near midnight (or while they slept), so it's not fair on them to exclude them or force them to stay up until ungodly hours to play. Plus, it only lasted four hours (and by the end it was just five of us playing MvM).

(o)>{

That's not a bad idea at all.

@ArcticFox789

"How does 6:00 EST (East Coast) sound for the 3rd of May event?

That is: 11:00 - British Summer Time - also includes Portugal?

06:00 - South-eastern Asia (China, Malaysia, etc.)

12:00 - Central Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Albania etc.)

04:00 - Pacific Daylight Time (Western USA)

01:00 - Eastern Europe (Estonia, Greece, etc.)

20:00 - Australia (Melbourne)"

Anyone who cannot join the event, please notify us in this thread. We're thinking about switching the time for every event. We're doing this because we want people from different timezones to have the opportunity to play at different times.

Anyone who cannot join the event, please notify us in this thread. We're thinking about switching the time for every event. We're doing this because we want people from different timezones to have the opportunity to play at different times.

Why not just make two events on the same day? One on a certain hours and other in a later time, so people would choose which one is better for them, or go on both.

I won't be attending this event if it's going to be at 06:00 EST because that would involve me waking up at my equivalent of 5:00 a.m. in the morning. If it lasts for a few hours, I may be able to join, but it's still unlikely.

Why not just make two events on the same day? One on a certain hours and other in a later time, so people would choose which one is better for them, or go on both.

We would rather focus on one event, since we don't want to be overly separated on timezones. If people can't go to the event, then so be it. We need to gather people in the event, instead of having to separate people because of their timezones. I think a lot less people would play if there were multiple events going on at the same time.

We would rather focus on one event, since we don't want to be overly separated on timezones. If people can't go to the event, then so be it. We need to gather people in the event, instead of having to separate people because of their timezones. I think a lot less people would play if there were multiple events going on at the same time.

Ok, now just wondering, is there a hosted server(even just planned to be hosted) server on this next event or we will play on a public server again?

Or here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kleiforumstf2/discussions/1/558753804374047842/

Although @Hugo M.'s idea is a good one, I would say that it would split the event up, probably in half, so the event would be less fun. Also, the time will be gradually moving around the clock (4 hours back a time), so eventually everyone would get a run of events they can attend, unless we can find a perfect time. The event lasted 4 hours last time, but the actual match (not 6 player MvM), only lasted 3 hours, so join when you can, but don't expect it to still be going hours later. Ninja'd by Snob.

Finally, we will be using a Steam group chat, this way we can kick chatspammers, without kicking them from the match, and people can talk while dead (making it easier to communicate). And everyone should friend either me or Xjurwi on Steam, so that you can follow to the match.

Ok, now just wondering, is there a hosted server(even just planned to be hosted) server on this next event or we will play on a public server again?

If you look a bit down the server list on TF2, there are usually empty twitch streamers servers or random disused servers that can be used.There's like a 97% chance no-one random will join. But if we can get a hosted server that will be MUCH better.

@Xjurwi We should create a better first post, so that members of the community can easily check the time and events.

I'll be willing to help. There should be a link to the steam community, plan dates for the events, poll votes for map/gamemode, and the member list.

Although @Hugo M.'s idea is a good one, I would say that it would split the event up, probably in half, so the event would be less fun. Also, the time will be gradually moving around the clock (4 hours back a time), so eventually everyone would get a run of events they can attend, unless we can find a perfect time. The event lasted 4 hours last time, but the actual match (not 6 player MvM), only lasted 3 hours, so join when you can, but don't expect it to still be going hours later. Ninja'd by Snob.

It's been.. Like months since I ninja'd someone. Feels good.

@Silentdarkness1

@Hugo M.

@Spinorex

@DwerBomb

@ancientdragon8

@TooMuchHoneyHam

@Craig_Perry

@Neosaurus

@Lord_Battal

@aredshroom

@Snob

@CyanBlue

@Luggs

@DwerBomb

@Mandrake Stew

Sorry to (kind of) necro, but just in case Steam hasn't told you, if you are participating this time out, it will begin at 06:00AM EST this Saturday (03/05), use worldtimebuddy.com to find out your local time if needs be.

You (hopefully) will receive a notification from the group 5 mins before inviting you to event chat, and then another announcing the beginning of the event, so just follow Xjurwi or me, or whoever you know is playing.

Anyway, sorry for the necro, and hopefully see you there for some more fun shenanigans. :-)

Oh, and the map choice is ctf_turbine, by popular demand.

Oh, and the map choice is ctf_turbine, by popular demand.

*dies*

I'll try and wake up early, but I doubt it. It just so happened that at the last event I couldn't sleep well in anticipation of the event so I got there early. This time I cannot guarantee such luck... hopefully if it goes on for a few hours I might be able to make it. Maybe.

Archived