Where is Moose/Goose

While people are talking zealously about how to deal with Goose/Moose, I've being searching for that creature for 3 game years (on day 156) and not a single one in sight. Although I've fought and won 4 giants on my latest run, I have no clue on when I'll stumble upon that majestic beast/bird. Now here are some questions:Where did you guys find the Goose/Moose? Which biome will be easier to track it down.

Edit: please avoid words which don't meet our community standards. ~J20Hawkz.

Edit: thanks @J20hawkz, I'm new to the community so I don't know the details about censorship/ course languages that are prohibited in the forum. I'll keep it in mind 

Mine appeared in my first spring right next to my base.  Bunch of crazy goslings.  On a side note i think there is a bug because in my game there was a hound wave and the hounds killed the Goose/Moose without it retaliating, though the 5 goslings left behind gave me a pretty hard time.

I believe there is a big nest with eggs in it and Mooslings around it, you hit the mooslings and they run to the next and call the Goose/Moose. Some people say they have found it in the swamp, i honestly think you just need to search the whole map, it'll be there

In all my play time I've only ever encountered the deerclops a total of 2 or 3 times, and one of those times he just walked past my base apparently oblivious to my existence. Sometimes you just don't encounter giants.

My most recent game with autumn start I had every single giant appear in the first four seasons.  Fortunately I'd farmed enough birds and mctusks I had a full stack of blowdarts waiting for the firefly.  M'Moose appeared next to my base like every other giant.  I never did find it's nest but I didn't look that hard.  Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not.

I think mine had a nest in the swamp close to my base. I'm not sure. Someone else said their's had a nest in a swamp, too.

Tentacles and the Goose-Moose get along just fine, I quickly found out. Is that true for all giants? (To be clear, I mean they don't attack eachother)

I'll put this in a spoiler tag since I read the code on it:

He appears on day 2-4 of Spring, and will only spawn near you if you have three or more base structures on-screen. So camping your base on those days should guarantee a gmoose encounter. 

I think with Default they have 50% chance to spawn. For me, on an already started game I didn't get Deerclops at the end of the Winter, but I got Goose at the beginning of the Spring :~

This seems the most likely explanation, although it may be more than 50%. I've missed Mgoose twice and all others always spawn on me.

A lot of people say they find nests, yet the 3 springs I've played through, 2 no shows and 1 spawn near my base (this is Mgoose only) without finding or encountering a nest first or after. 

I think mine had a nest in the swamp close to my base. I'm not sure. Someone else said their's had a nest in a swamp, too.

Tentacles and the Goose-Moose get along just fine, I quickly found out. Is that true for all giants? (To be clear, I mean they don't attack eachother)

Me, I saw an egg in the swamp on day 18

I've discovered that giants are just unpredictable in general. I've survived over 10 winters in vanilla and never once encountered the deerclops. I still dream that some day I'll be able to battle him

Wow, of the two deerclopses I've battled I still get nightmares of them.

My first playthrough on the DLC I encountered 3 of the 4 Giants. Around Day 15 of Autumn I came across the Bearger. Near the end of Winter, the Deerclops and about 15 days into Spring the Goose/Moose showed up. I never found the giant egg or nest so far. In all of my encounters I was away from my base so I'm not sure about needing to be there for these guys to spawn. When I came across the Goose/Moose I was hearing his "call" for a few days b4 I actually found him.

I was able to kite the Bearger into a Treeguard to kill him. The Deerclops I was able to lure into the swamps... tentacles, merms and a few spiders hurt him pretty good, night came and he stopped chasing me. The next morning I found his drops next to another tentacle so I can say for sure that they can be used for the Deerclops at least.

I had a hard time getting the Goose/Moose to fight with a Treeguard. Probably a good 2 days of running in-between them to get them to make contact with each other.

Then I died before I had a chance to see the Dragonfly spawn. Stupid summer and heating mechanic!

... I was away from my base so I'm not sure about needing to be there for these guys to spawn. ..

I had the same happen with the firefly.  Was out killing beefalo when he started calling.  I'm not convinced about the structures needing to be present either. 

Which on the one hand is ok, so you can't avoid them just by spending lots of time wandering. 

On the other hand, I thought that once the calls started, it was supposed to be tied to that spot.  Since supposedly they were only supposed to occur when you're near structures, that mean they were guaranteed to spawn near your base, thus putting your base in danger, which I think for most people is the truly scary part about giants.  So when I saw people saying you could just run away from base when they start calling, that kind of disappointed me. 

I'm wondering if the spawning without structures near thing is just for beta testing, so we all get plenty of contact with them.  For testing.

Archived