Feet of Strength Puzzle Thread (Now Lisp-Free!)

"old" bell eh?  I wonder if it's found rather than crafted...  Might be a new gravedigger item.

Yeah, may be a gravedigger item or something you find at a set piece. I don't think the developers would allow the player to summon the giants at any time whenever they want with a craftable item. That could possibly break the game in which they could just not summon the giants at all.

I suspect it's a spawn item for Wathgrithr, like the Lighter and Lucy.

I don't think so. At the beginning of the video, she only has the helmet, the spear, and four meat. Although, it is noticeable that the devs are using a mod. You can see it by looking at the tabs.

That's a decidedly non-advantageous item.  Unless she can craft something special out of the giant drops.  Moreover I don't think a spawn item would have durability.  I don't think any of the current ones do.

At the 1:00 mark, what am I missing? What is worth showing about lighting a random fire?

@Deacon_Blue HOORAY! Klei has adjusted fire vs wetness! Look how full that meter is when she drops the fire.

What I noticed... her armor/weapon. Incredible. Just a 1% durability decreased when when using the spear against mobs, and just a slight flash of red to health when tanking a tentacle.

@Lium, I like this idea! I feel like she's summoning a giant of sorts too, but I don't know enough about Norse mythology to speculate. I don't have much of an idea of what's happening other than her name being a variation of Rathgrith and Google giving me information about robots, haha. Please elaborate =) Maybe a giant who will fight for her at first, then turn on her in the end?

At the 1:00 mark, what am I missing? What is worth showing about lighting a random fire?

Was it mostly about the wetness mechanic?  It did show the blue outlines around wet items, the fact that they still drain sanity pretty heavily (no surprise) and the fire she started did not seem to reduce the rate at which she was gaining wetness at all - not encouraging!

HOORAY! Klei has adjusted fire vs wetness! Look how full that meter is when she drops the fire.

I didn't notice any drop at all...they do cut to a desert scene immediately after where the meter is much lower, but it's clearly and entirely different timeframe.  Is that what you were seeing?

What I noticed... her armor/weapon. Incredible. Just a 1% durability decreased when when using the spear against mobs, and just a slight flash of red to health when tanking a tentacle.

I was kind of wondering if her power had something to do with weapons and armor.  That helmet is probably unique to her, though I wonder what she crafts it out of.  Or maybe she can repair weapons and armor with a sewing kit or something?  That would be pretty huge!

I didn't notice any drop at all...they do cut to a desert scene immediately after where the meter is much lower, but it's clearly and entirely different timeframe.  Is that what you were seeing?

I was kind of wondering if her power had something to do with weapons and armor.  That helmet is probably unique to her, though I wonder what she crafts it out of.  Or maybe she can repair weapons and armor with a sewing kit or something?  That would be pretty huge!

@brummbar7

It's all speculation and unproven hope on my part =)

Yeah, that helmet is really intriguing me, I saw it in the last teaser and was just rubbing my hands together in glee waiting for vikings! If it's not unique to her and is craftable instead, where does she get the wings? Maybe spider silk and batalisk wings? I just re-watched the video and the helmet does have durability, so hopefully it can be repaired with a sewing kit.

I'm interested in how we get these characters.  XP unlock, or adventure mode set piece?  I'm sure at least one will be XP, but it'd be kind of interesting to have another adventure mode unlock.  So long as it's not so rare as Wes.

I noticed she refused to eat a carrot, so can she only eat meat? Would explain why she starts with 4 meat

Yes, it's pretty sure mainly she can eat raw meat to compensate.

I'm interested in how we get these characters.  XP unlock, or adventure mode set piece?  I'm sure at least one will be XP, but it'd be kind of interesting to have another adventure mode unlock.  So long as it's not so rare as Wes.

Klei told there will be no content for adventure and cave. And if you check the constantprogression.lua, you can see that :

local XP_levels = 
{   
    XP_PER_DAY*8,  
    XP_PER_DAY*16, 
    XP_PER_DAY*32,  
    XP_PER_DAY*48,
    XP_PER_DAY*64,
    XP_PER_DAY*80,
    --XP_PER_DAY*96,
    --XP_PER_DAY*112,
    --50000, --
    --100000, --
}

Each level = a character

Birchnut trees /new name for ded trees)

Catcoons

Melon helmet that cools, but decreases sanity and can't be removed

Melons as crop

New character which seems to be a valkyrie so kicks ass in combat and don't eat veggies

Wet mechanic tweaks

Strange bell thingie

After the first watch, what else?

Archived