Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

As it turns out, the Miner's hat has a wetness reduction on it similar to the one on the Straw hat.

The picture is proof I found in the game coding, I stumbled upon it by accident.

333ijpg.png

Yep, several of the hats do.  I've already added all the water resistance values to the wiki (for hats and umbrellas at least).

Others include the spiderhat, beefalo hat, top hat, shelmet, and football helmet.

For the water resistance of suits though I'm not sure, since I couldn't find the waterproofness of the rain coat listed, though it definitely has a lot.  In gameplay tests I haven't found any suits other than the rain coat with water resistance though.

Now that food from crockpots end up as rot if left long enough uncollected we can say goodbye to the usual setup of 4 crockpots centered around 1 fridge. I think 2 crockpots will suffice from now on and we will have to rely on cooking fresh food from the fridge only when it's really needed.

I haven't really played Autumn because I've been mostly starting in Spring and dying in Summer, but is there anything special about it at the moment? Besides the trees changing colour, of course. Do the leaves actually fall off the trees during Autumn or does it only happen as it changes to winter?

And if not, they should with the leaves being usable for... something.

I haven't really played Autumn because I've been mostly starting in Spring and dying in Summer, but is there anything special about it at the moment? Besides the trees changing colour, of course. Do the leaves actually fall off the trees during Autumn or does it only happen as it changes to winter?

And if not, they should with the leaves being usable for... something.

Only thing I've seen so far is that the trees have the leaf particle animation on their own from time to time (the one from chopping it down)

But the devs said that there will be some nasty additions to the autum biomes with the next update

Only thing I've seen so far is that the trees have the leaf particle animation on their own from time to time (the one from chopping it down)

But the devs said that there will be some nasty additions to the autum biomes with the next update

I hope birds roost in trees. When you chop one down, you see a bird flying away.

Ooooh, sounds cool!

In "tuning.lua" there's an entry for "DECID_TREE_MONSTER_CHANCE = .5", as well as some other info about it.  I've not encountered one yet, so I figure it's not implemented yet, but we may want to look out for it.

When starting the game with "default plus" setting the desert biome seems to be missing. I tested it 7+ times. Default setting generated desert biome instantly. Is this intentional, a bug or just plain bad luck? Can anyone confirm?

Diving into the game files and finding unused artwork, strings, funny names and such. 

I know what file searching means, I thought he was asking for something specific, especially since just before his post I had made a post about my file searching.

Ok, hint at a Webber ability I assume:

SPIDER_LOYALTY_MAXTIME = 2.5*total_day_time,
SPIDER_LOYALTY_PER_HUNGER = total_day_time/25

So it makes me think that pigs and spiders are reversed for him.

This line seems to suggest there is a chance that you'll track something other than a Koalefant:

HUNT_ALTERNATE_BEAST_CHANCE = 2,--.25, --#srosen set to 2 temporarily so that alt beast won't spawn til he's ready

Detailing aspects of the new passive (non-bee) flower spawning:

FLOWER_SPAWN_TIME_VARIATION = 20,
FLOWER_SPAWN_TIME = 30

More details in flowerspawner.lua.

New hat (presumably the horned one, and possibly linked to new character)

ARMOR_WATHGRITHRHAT = wilson_health * 5,
ARMOR_WATHGRITHRHAT_ABSORPTION = .8

These suggest food can be frozen:

PERISH_COLD_FROZEN_MULT = 0, -- frozen things don't spoil in an ice box or if it's cold out
PERISH_FROZEN_FIRE_MULT = 30, -- frozen things spoil very quickly if near a fire

And wetness affects spoilage:

PERISH_WET_MULT = 1.3

And I'm done with this for now, maybe more later.

ETA: Oh yeah, and things grow better in the rain.

Yeah just artwork and things

How about the tesla tree?  Probably what we'll use the volt goat horn to make.  There's an anim file for a short one and a tall one, but the tall one is empty.  Odd that there would be two sizes of a craftable item though, so maybe I'm wrong and we'll find this growing in the wild.  Who knows what's possible in the world of Don't Starve...

Tesla_Tree_Short.png

Um....I think you can only get koalafant in Sumer and Winter because of this some code:

self.beast_prefab_summer = "koalefant_summer"
    self.beast_prefab_winter = "koalefant_winter"
    self.alternate_beast_prefab = "warg"

if spawn_pt then
        if math.random() > TUNING.HUNT_ALTERNATE_BEAST_CHANCE then
    if GetWorld().components.seasonmanager:IsWinter() then
    self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.beast_prefab_winter)
    else
    self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.beast_prefab_summer)
    end
        else
            self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.alternate_beast_prefab)
        end

Spring and Autum let you get the warg. Plus those are the only koalafants outlined in the code.

Tesla trees...and Warges      oh yummy...^^

Perhaps we get some sort of industry / factory biome according to the clockworks fabrication?

Or they are used to get the lightning energy in lightning rods to other places / machinery.....nehehehe

Could be another form of turret too.

Archived