Dec. 11 Update: Naughty & Nice - Preview Video

JoeW

This is what I've found so far...

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q735/David_Nusse/spiderqueen.png

I'm too lazy to bother finding the rest of the pieces though.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I've found so far...

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q735/David_Nusse/spiderqueen.png

I'm too lazy to bother finding the rest of the pieces though.

nice work saturnine

I'm superstoked! Finally, some sort of boss fight? Wondering if she'll roam the world "planting" new spider nests. I really hope it doesn't become some sort of "event" type thing like Terraria did, where you have to summon her. I hope it flows naturally like the rest of the game, and you just find this monstrous spiderqueen with her brood. Maybe a new spiderweb biome?

Hmm, to me it looks as though the spider Queen has the entire spider NEST on her back... Maybe when you attack a spider nest after killing all the spiders, there's a random chance of her popping out and making it a mobile, deadly spawning nest?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, to me it looks as though the spider Queen has the entire spider NEST on her back... Maybe when you attack a spider nest after killing all the spiders, there's a random chance of her popping out and making it a mobile, deadly spawning nest?

A very scary thought, one that makes hitting it very dangerous.

For Theorycrafting I would think that when you encounter the spider queen, Her highness will probably be on the rocky island, I Propose this due to the fact that we can assume Her Majesty will be massive, so moving through trees may be troublesome or tedious for Our Sovereign spider. This would also explain why much of her brood are found in great open plains, other then the abundance of food rabbits provide it would also be easier for her to move. It would also explain the reason why tallbirds Live in rocky areas are to prey on juvenile spiders.

i found this in the trailer:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]665[/ATTACH]

It looks like a spider.

I noticed this too, but I thought it was just my crappy internet loading the video. Nice find!

I see that you have found other pieces as well! Great job, but I am feeling that now Spider eggs are going to end up like Tree guards now, Randomly being a queen who will get up out of the ground and chase you.

Edited by whitewalker82

With the Queen I would prefer it if It wasn't surprise Like if you get close to her or her brood while she is around you get this Sense of dread, kind of what they did with the hounds, but worse maybe? Like the second you enter her lair or her hunting grounds you can just feel yourself being stalked as this tremendous Thing skulks around the area.

Wow, ridiculously excited, the one thing that intrigues me is the point of taming bunnies, I know the fans have asked for pets for a while but there seems no point to having a rabbit follow me or a bird in a cage.

And in history krampus only harmed Naughty kids, which implies that there might be some sort of NICE way to prevent krampus from breaking your stuff