For whoever was asking:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Discreet video card 
    • Hard Drive: 449 MB available space 
    • Sound Card: Yes
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core 2.0 (or higher) 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 and higher, ATI Radeon HD-Series 4650 and higher, Nvidia GeForce 2xx-Series and up 

For whoever was asking:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Discreet video card 
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core 2.0 (or higher) 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 and higher, ATI Radeon HD-Series 4650 and higher, Nvidia GeForce 2xx-Series and up 

Just saying it probably wont need 8GB of ram to get the recommended performance, they overestimated it last time i heard it brought up to the devs.

Just saying it probably wont need 8GB of ram to get the recommended performance, they overestimated it last time i heard it brought up to the devs.

A game that's not even 500MB big using up 5-ish GB of RAM? No, never.

5 GB because it says recommended, meaning it has no problem with leaving background stuff open. And I use 3-4 GB already for background programs, although most is Chome! :p

Hmm, no preference oddly now i think about it. I have big fingers if that is a factor but I slowly phased back into PC gaming and less and less console for a while now. 

Personally, the best I've found and used is the Logitech F710.

It has a layout similar to the Xbox one, only the analog stick and d-pad are reversed, so it actually makes freaking sense :razz:

It has both Xinput and Dinput modes. Xinput being the Xbox input method, most games recognize that. However if some games don't you have the Dinput, meaning Direct Input, there you can then profile it to fit pretty much any game there is, really.

It doesn't use much power either. Uses AA batteries and I recently had a time where I played with it for hours every single day, now it's been half a year since I had it and only had to replace the batteries once.

You have two modes for vibration, depending if you want more or less.

Overall it's just a really good and reliable controller, and looking at others with THAT quality, it's even relatively cheap.

EDIT: Before I forget to mention it, there's one downside. When there are obstacles in the receiver's way, it drastically reduces the range it can operate in. To like 3 meters, not even.

You get a cable with it to place it better though, and in my room which is surely around 8m long I had no place where it didn't work so far.

Why not use just a simple Xbox360 controller?

They have crappy direct input.

The reversed dpad and analog stick takes a lot of time to get used to.

Overpriced for what you get.

And I HEARD (don't take this as fact) that they tend to break faster than Logitech devices.

That's why :grin:

EDIT: Oh and I also forgot to mention when you hold it, your thumb has a weird angle on the too far centered d-pad, making pressing it less precise. My brother has one and I kept pushing up or down in addition to when I wanted to press right.

The reversed dpad and analog stick takes a lot of time to get used to.

Eh, this isn't true for everyone. The position the control stick is in on the XBox controller feels far more natural to me, for example, because I've practically grown up using controllers like that.

EDIT: Oh and I also forgot to mention when you hold it, your thumb has a weird angle on the too far centered d-pad, making pressing it less precise. My brother has one and I kept pushing up or down in addition to when I wanted to press right.

The D-pad definitely sucks for the XBox controller. But, if we're talking about this game specifically, that shouldn't be a major issue. The Steam page says it supports analog movement,* so using the D-pad wouldn't really offer any advantages.

*I really wish more games did this :(

soooooo I might actually play with the flash filter.

we actually added this filter as a joke, and decided it would be funny to put it in options as a serious feature.. just in case the mobs start grabbing torches and pitchforks.

Jokes on you. No, literally, the joke is on you. :p

Archived