The Binding Of Isaac Thread

DwerBomb

I wonder if I'm the only one "training" for Rebirth, I have been rusty so far :razz: (aside from the last run I died on all my runs). Are you fine lot gonna start on normal or hard mode rightaway?

Been training. I don't think I've even gotten it lives yet. (Curse you, deleted save data)

I died, so awfully earlier, I nearly cried.

>Playing as Judas, get 2, maybe 3 keys throughout the entire game, get 2 item rooms

>Every boss room and item room is a health and damage upgrade

>Rollin' as Judas with Habit + Book Of Belial, 6 hearts, and 3 spirit hearts, still lacking bombs

>See Arcade on Womb 1

>Go towards it with bright eyes and 60 cents in pocket

>Lust and Super Lust in room covered in rocks 

>Lust and Super Lust push me up against the wall, wait like 5 minutes just trapped there and die

He's just the kinda person that has a brain that keeps up with his mouth...and his mouth is so fast!

I'm pretty sure he learned to do it by habit. Cheesy as hell but true nonetheless; practice makes perfect.

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/99972667929/a-quicky

Edmund's junk = TF2 item! (no it's not his junk it's the brimstone horns)

And a few new screenshots, including a new boss!

Sh!tty reason as to why the update is called quickie though :( Hope whatever family member Edmund is referring to gets well again..

Haha! We so freaking called it, @CyanBlue, we KNEW there will be a hat! :grin:

Meh.

I would have liked the bags of the trailer more then some simple horns.

Same here, or something like an Isaac head for every class. Even the DS promo's had a very recognizable hat, Wilson's signature hair style... Sure, the devil horns relate to brimstone and the WoTL logo but meh...

Still quite fitting how the Scout is the only one with the poop on his head though.

The other screenshots are interesting though. Black hearts and a short ranged brimstone, 178 secrets, new(?) card used, a time limit, spider familiar, locked door and red bomb(may or may not be normal), another spider familiar, time limit in a secret zone with no natural exits available (though you probably gotta make the barrels explode), and last but not least The Haunt!

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/99972667929/a-quicky

Edmund's junk = TF2 item! (no it's not his junk it's the brimstone horns)

And a few new screenshots, including a new boss!

Sh!tty reason as to why the update is called quickie though :( Hope whatever family member Edmund is referring to gets well again..

Awwn, I wanted to be able to wear poop on my head D: (In tf2, of course)

tumblr_inline_ndf404pJ9O1rq0wgw.jpg

I suggest we talk about the black hearts up there

Yay for guessing what things are! Some random guesses:

- Some kind of hearts that protect your hearts like an armour, essentially doubling an existing heart

- Some kind of corrupted hearts with a pro and con (damage reduction from enemies but cannot get any non black hearts to increase hp)

- Whatever it is, Lazarus will start with all hearts being black, making him an alternative tanky character like Magdalene.

Lazarus' story from the bible is an interesting one, on a sidenote...

-

Yay for guessing what things are! Some random guesses:

- Some kind of hearts that protect your hearts like an armour, essentially doubling an existing heart

- Some kind of corrupted hearts with a pro and con (damage reduction from enemies but cannot get any non black hearts to increase hp)

- Whatever it is, Lazarus will start with all hearts being black, making him an alternative tanky character like Magdalene.

-

Your first guess would effectively be the same as spirit hearts though right

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I don't think Lazarus is the "all-black-hearts" character. I'm pretty sure you get the all-black-hearts option through a deal with the devil.

tumblr_inline_ncp7i1lMxD1rq0wgw.png

tumblr_inline_ndf404pJ9O1rq0wgw.jpg

They don't look similar.. Do they? I think the character in the bottom picture is Eve, look at that hair. 

Indeed. I'll go ahead and summarize it because why not?

In the bible, there is Lazarus the Beggar and Lazarus the Resurrected. Two different individuals.

Lazarus the Beggar dies alongside a rich man. While Lazarus is comforted with Abraham by his side, the rich man burns in hell. The rich man begs Abraham, to let Lazarus go back to earth and tell his brothers about avoiding hell. Abraham refuses, and the story ends.

Lazarus the Resurrected and his two sisters are friends with Jesus. When Lazarus falls sick, his sisters beg for Jesus to come and save him. Jesus takes his time and Lazarus dies before Jesus can get to him. Jesus goes to the Lazarus' graves, and yells for him to come out. Lazarus is resurrected and climbs out.

Your first guess would effectively be the same as spirit hearts though right

Sort of yeah, only you cannot pick up more than your existing heart pool to protect with black hearts. Like if your base hp pool is four red hearts and you picked up four black hearts aswell you cannot pick a new one up untill you get either five red hearts or a soul heart (maybe it should only work with red hearts?). At least that's what I meant. You can collect soul hearts at any time you want for a health boost but the black hearts corrupt your current heart pool

Didn't Edmund say at some point that Black Hearts were like Spirit Hearts except that, when depleted did damage to all the enemies in the room like the Death card?
Or did I just hear this as random speculation from some random person, it's 4 in the morning, I've no idea.

Didn't Edmund say at some point that Black Hearts were like Spirit Hearts except that, when depleted did damage to all the enemies in the room like the Death card?

Or did I just hear this as random speculation from some random person, it's 4 in the morning, I've no idea.

I can recall hearing that aswell... Will look for sauce and edit it in.

Aaaand then Blazing found it!

Archived