Worms are ridiculous

I kinda wonder why there isn't like a 25% chance or something when you go near a mysterious plant that it won't be a worm, but rather a naturally occurring glow berry that you can safely pick. It makes more sense so that player will gamble the fact that they can safely grab a glow berry without a fight, but risk the chance that i's actually a depths worm luring you into a trap. Because that's not the case right now, anyone who sees a glow berry plant knows off the bat that it's a depths worm.

I kinda wonder why there isn't like a 25% chance or something when you go near a mysterious plant that it won't be a worm, but rather a naturally occurring glow berry that you can safely pick. It makes more sense so that player will gamble the fact that they can safely grab a glow berry without a fight, but risk the chance that i's actually a depths worm luring you into a trap. Because that's not the case right now, anyone who sees a glow berry plant knows off the bat that it's a depths worm.

This is actually a really nice suggestion, maybe you should make a thread in the suggestions forum?  :wilson_goodjob:

I found out something interesting about splumonkeys and depth worms.  I was getting chased by some of the little bastards, and I ran past a depth worm lure.  Both monkeys stopped and tried to grab it.  The worm jumped up and attacked the monkeys, who attacked back.  A little while later I got chased again, and ran past another lure only to have the monkey stop and try to grab it and get killed by the worm.  I wonder if they always stop for the lures.

I found out something interesting about splumonkeys and depth worms.  I was getting chased by some of the little bastards, and I ran past a depth worm lure.  Both monkeys stopped and tried to grab it.  The worm jumped up and attacked the monkeys, who attacked back.  A little while later I got chased again, and ran past another lure only to have the monkey stop and try to grab it and get killed by the worm.  I wonder if they always stop for the lures.

Every mob goes for the lure. That's why it's called a "lure".

The only thing I have found helpful is to kill every single worm as soon as they appear. Rock lobsters help.

Leavening any alive is risking that the situation will become unmanageable.

If it does become unmanageable though I suggest killer bees. Fill Chester with them and carry a stack or two besides. Drop the stacks as soon as you go down and when Chester is killed he will act as a bee bomb. Then kill as fast as you can, and if the worms last longer than the bees, run, restock, and repeat.

The only thing I have found helpful is to kill every single worm as soon as they appear. Rock lobsters help.

If it does become unmanageable though I suggest killer bees. Fill Chester with them and carry a stack or two besides. Drop the stacks as soon as you go down and when Chester is killed he will act as a bee bomb. Then kill as fast as you can, and if the worms last longer than the bees, run, restock, and repeat.

Wouldn't bee mines be easier? Then again, if I'm in a situation where I have six worms, it still freaks me out. 

Wouldn't bee mines be easier? Then again, if I'm in a situation where I have six worms, it still freaks me out. 

Not in my opinion. Not easier and certainy less effective.

It is more resource intensive to build bee mines than to just catch a bunch of killer bees. You can get more bees out faster with stacks of killer bees droped on the ground then you can with bee mines. You don't have to deploy them like a bee mine, which can be hard with pursuing worms. The worms don't have to run over any certain point which means you can deploy the killer bees in the path of the worms.

Filling Chestor with killer bees is great when you have so many that they swarm and kill him quickly. It keeps those extra worms off you just that little bit longer that can be very helpful.

Not in my opinion. Not easier and certainy less effective.

It is more resource intensive to build bee mines than to just catch a bunch of killer bees. You can get more bees out faster with stacks of killer bees droped on the ground then you can with bee mines. You don't have to deploy them like a bee mine, which can be hard with pursuing worms. The worms don't have to run over any certain point which means you can deploy the killer bees in the path of the worms.

Filling Chestor with killer bees is great when you have so many that they swarm and kill him quickly. It keeps those extra worms off you just that little bit longer that can be very helpful.

This is an awesome technique. I'll have to integrate this into my plans... First I have to find Chester. xD

Here's the strategy I've been testing. You will need a torch, a couple ice staffs, and a stack of gunpowder. Scatter your gunpowder around in stacks of 5 or so. When a worm goes near the stack freeze him. Then run up and light your stack of gunpowder and blow him up. Of course meanwhile you are running around in circles avoiding worm attacks. A little time consuming but it does work. And you get hit minimally

A genuine glow berry doesn't expire, while the organic lure on a worm does. I'd like that.

Here's the strategy I've been testing. You will need a torch, a couple ice staffs, and a stack of gunpowder. Scatter your gunpowder around in stacks of 5 or so. When a worm goes near the stack freeze him. Then run up and light your stack of gunpowder and blow him up. Of course meanwhile you are running around in circles avoiding worm attacks. A little time consuming but it does work. And you get hit minimally

And to add to your fine point perhaps when you harvest a glow berry plant the plant goes into the ground and appears in a different locations so that players can't just memorize their location.

And to add to your fine point perhaps when you harvest a glow berry plant the plant goes into the ground and appears in a different locations so that players can't just memorize their location.

That, or they are non-renewable. After that the only way to get another glow berry is to fight a depths worm.

I award you with the legendary legitimate necro accolade! That's a good thing, by the way. 

Does anyone else think that the duration of glow berries is way too short for the amount of work put in to get one?

You can't freeze them. So, stick to Rocksters.

Does anyone else think that the duration of glow berries is way too short for the amount of work put in to get one?

No one would ever think that. Getting worthless drops from hard to kill enemies is the best thing to happen in a survival videogame!

Archived