Worms are ridiculous

poor planning precedes poor performance.

worms just like hounds probably require a structural solution.

it's not very hard to surround the bottom of the rope with stone walls,, and still keep a smaller base. try that and then try barrier outer walls of grass or wood with rockthulu trapped in between, and perhaps a few bunny hutches outside of that. it's not any harder to setup than a tooth trap field, but like i said requires planning.

this is something i'm currently working on but havn't fully tested.

it was either in this thread or another but someone mentioned that worms can go under grass and wood walls, all the outer wall is for is containing the rocklobsters in an area so they can deal with the worms.

edit: going to try and get a picture of this soon, there may be some problem with it though so i might be verbal faceplanting here.

I tried walling the space around the rope, with stone walls, creating a mini base in the process. 

But the worms are still able to spawn within my confined space. 

For me, the solution is to pack my base with several rock lobsters, confined within the stone walls. 

I am not a master kiter, just a casual gamer, who can't handle >1 depth worms at one go.

There is only one thing that Depth Worms need in order to be manageable... a smaller range in which they can roam. Once aggroed, they can only move X amount of distance before losing interest and returning to the the place they were when you first aggroed the worm. This will make running away easier and drawing single worms from a group possible. If you have those two abilities, the ability to run away and the ability to draw one from a group, then even casual players would stand a chance against them.

Idk if worms will group aggro if one is hit, if so, then that would need to be disabled. Other than those two changes, I see nothing else that will help that doesn't involved an entire re-design of the worms.

There is only one thing that Depth Worms need in order to be manageable... a smaller range in which they can roam. Once aggroed, they can only move X amount of distance before losing interest and returning to the the place they were when you first aggroed the worm. This will make running away easier and drawing single worms from a group possible. If you have those two abilities, the ability to run away and the ability to draw one from a group, then even casual players would stand a chance against them.

Idk if worms will group aggro if one is hit, if so, then that would need to be disabled. Other than those two changes, I see nothing else that will help that doesn't involved an entire re-design of the worms.

Yes, a shorter leashing command would make them manageable. 

How about buffing freeze amulet?

I mean, this thing is practically useless now, how about making it worm repel, once a worm bites you, it will run to it's original spawn, and will not chase you for 30 second if the spawn is offscreen, and once you get out of aggro range, it won't chase you, unless you return here.

It would be pretty balanced, you take damage everytime, sure, you can wear armour, but astonishing 75 dmg reduced by 80% with football helmet or 90% with shellmet would leave pretty big scar, not to mention, these things spawn in groups!

Depth worms in caves are handle'able, but depth worms in ruins are INSANE!

I just got down thulecite spelunking hole, three worms welcomed me, I killed them with my friend Rocky Balboa, then, exactly one minute later I see 2 mysterious plants, and a third that is a bit offscreen, I ran like hell, and then three depth worms attacked me, and on top of that there were 2 mysterious plants on the way...

Rocky Balboa sure helped me with his shell, but if not Rocky, I would've die... 

I demand a nerf to their spawn rate, attack and hp is fine, but they spawn in hoards, and there is no running away from them, because in the process of running, EVEN MORE spawn on the way!

If the nerf won't come out with Shadow Chester DLC, I won't play this game anymore...

Depth worms in caves are handle'able, but depth worms in ruins are INSANE!

I just got down thulecite spelunking hole, three worms welcomed me, I killed them with my friend Rocky Balboa, then, exactly one minute later I see 2 mysterious plants, and a third that is a bit offscreen, I ran like hell, and then three depth worms attacked me, and on top of that there were 2 mysterious plants on the way...

Rocky Balboa sure helped me with his shell, but if not Rocky, I would've die... 

I demand a nerf to their spawn rate, attack and hp is fine, but they spawn in hoards, and there is no running away from them, because in the process of running, EVEN MORE spawn on the way!

If the nerf won't come out with Shadow Chester DLC, I won't play this game anymore...

34ngryu.jpg

Sorry... I just... couldn't resist...

Yeah. In the end, a wave of depth worms can be handled, with preparation. But if you dare to run and escape a cave, or go to ruins, what will be waiting? More depth worms, and more depth worms, and next time, more depth worms. 

It seems if one wants to consistently visit caves you must have much preparation due to depth worm buildup, or bring rock lobsters into the overworld...... Which leads to infestation if uncontrolled. And remember to clear out any depth worms before leaving... (Personal experiences.)

But hey, I'm sure some people can handle that.

I'm for the spawn rate nerf train.

Archived