Worms are ridiculous

I must've started playing after this, but what were they like before?

Imagine a normal spider, now imagine him having unlimited range and attacking 3 times faster and jumping everytime you run so you can never escape them.

Worms are little babies compared to old warrior spiders.

Imagine a normal spider, now imagine him having unlimited range and attacking 3 times faster and jumping everytime you run so you can never escape them.

Worms are little babies compared to old warrior spiders.

Without the Glowfruit :p

I dunno.

I can easily tank several warrior spiders in armor and wreapons, but would dire horribly if I did that with several worms. 

The only real way to tank Worms without non-renewable armour (Yes, I know marble can be found in earthquake's, but it is so freaking time consuming!) is to use fully upgraded WX-78, he can take around 107 punches before dead as long as he has enough logsuit+helmet combo's in inventory

Or you can use night armour if you are suicidal.

Well, I finally made it to the ruins.  My strategy in the Caves has been to just spread the worms out. There are always at least 4 to 6 roaming around now in the Caves level, a few being attacked by bunnies or lobsters, a couple more free roaming. Fighting, or even waiting for the allies to take them down just eats up all your food and/or light. They have such high health the battles take a long time to finish and by then, it's time to go back up and restock your food.

Something seems out of balance here. They put so much work into the Caves and Ruins, but as a player you really can't enjoy them. You spend the entire time staring at the tiny space around your feet looking for worms as you run around as fast as you can. Terrorbeaks in the Ruins are worse in some ways. Easier to kill, but so fast you get no time to "take in" the surroundings as you go. Every now and then I manage to "tab" to see the map, but everything else is a blur.

Maybe I'll figure something out, but this is hardly the "explore cautiously" type experience I was hoping for. Running around in a constant mad dash until you get back to the rope just doesn't feel right.

One thing I learned from you guys at forum is that you always overreact at some stuff, like at Deerclops, I got all this tips and made a chest full off stuff needed to kill deerclops:

2nq7aqg.jpg

Turned out I only used a bit of tenta-spike wearing only my shelmet.

Prepared or not, Depth Worms almost completely demolished any desire to enter the caves that took months of dev coding to balance, and then ruin it (Not the level) IMO, in a matter of a single mob. The only reason I go into the caves anymore is a one time gig per cave when I'm using WX and want more gears and thelucite from the ruins.

to be honest worms in my opinion are are really the only valid game challenge left. they probably won't be nerfed.

They could nerf them in some areas and have them still be a challenge.  They could spawn much more rarely in Caves, and/or not come near the rope, and then be the same in some precious area, like put a bunch of marble bearing stalagmites in some area and the worms are much higher in there, and follow you out if you go there.

I still have one cave I just can't even go into because the worms got so bad swarming the bottom of the rope. I mean, you at least get a warning when the hounds come.

poor planning precedes poor performance.

worms just like hounds probably require a structural solution.

it's not very hard to surround the bottom of the rope with stone walls,, and still keep a smaller base. try that and then try barrier outer walls of grass or wood with rockthulu trapped in between, and perhaps a few bunny hutches outside of that. it's not any harder to setup than a tooth trap field, but like i said requires planning.

this is something i'm currently working on but havn't fully tested.

it was either in this thread or another but someone mentioned that worms can go under grass and wood walls, all the outer wall is for is containing the rocklobsters in an area so they can deal with the worms.

edit: going to try and get a picture of this soon, there may be some problem with it though so i might be verbal faceplanting here.

THANKS FORUM.

I came overprepared again, turns out these worms are piss easy to kill, they are just like 2 times slow moving tentacles, dodge the first attack and hit him 3 times, if there are two you can hit max 2 times, if there is more than two you need to lead one of them out of group and finish him, I menaged to kill four of them at once without even losing my armour, the only thing that is bullshit is the fact that this fruit doesn't stack with others, so I need to eat it just after I kill the worm.

Turns out they are not overpowered at all, they are like tentacles before buff, you could've killed them without a scratch, and yet people were whining that they can't kill them.

Man up, ladies!

the only thing that is bullshit is the fact that this fruit doesn't stack with others, so I need to eat it just after I kill the worm.

Obscenity: Foul language is not permitted in the Klei Entertainment Community or related services. Excessive use of foul language is not permitted and will be treated as a disruption to other players. This includes public and private discussion as well as user names or any other communication within community services controlled by Klei Entertainment. This also includes in-game player names, chats, and forums.

They are dangerous in pack... just like every mob in the game!

Deal with it.

This doesn't contribute anything. Cap the chauvinistic attitude or it'll just get you in hot water with people.

It's not a chauvinistic response. Inflammatory, maybe. 

Well technically chauvinistic can simply mean overly aggressive, and doesn't attribute itself to the victimized person's gender. But at this point we're derailing (and stirring the pot at that) so I'll drop this subject with this post.

Archived