Character Rebalance Discussion thread

WX-78 needs to keep his perk of eating food without negative effects even when spoiled.

The issue with that is that rotten food is a separate item entirely, and making an exception to it's effects would be a bit of a pain in the rear.

Better yet a random murderable animal is pulled out, most of the time it will be a rabbit, but if it's like a killer bee, or a beardling (not sure how to make beardlings appear when not insane, since they are more or less a reskinned rabbit) or something unusual like that it causes sanity damage.Also maybe as an extra nerf if you don't have Infinite clothes installed the hat gets damaged.

First off awesome changes for Willow. Really happy with the new lighter and the sanity boost standing next to fire. The negs are also great and keep her balanced accordingly. I hope these changes go through.My suggestionsWX-78: bieng technically a robot he should be affected by rain. Unlike the other characters that lose sanity as it rains the only penalty WX-78 loses is health. Health can be reduced by -1 every second of rain. At the moment he is very over powered. I dont see any weakness and as we know electrical/mechanical components are ruined by rain so it makes sense to implement this. Snow can also have the same effect as rain does on health. We already have a hard mode with using Wes so another character that proves challenging to use can be WX-78. I also like the idea of him having no penalty in health or sanity while eating spoiled food and any other food that normally cause stats to drop. A cool perk that could be implemented is that feeding WX-78 monster meat produces manure. He can have a built in mechanic that aids in the process of digestion and excretion.Wolfgang: its been said countless times, he is the easy mode for Dont Starve. I like the perks he has already but what about we add some negatives to balance him out a bit. As he is all brawn and no brain :) lets make it so that you need double the resources to craft items. I know this sounds insane but the guy is a walking tank in this game, I have seen him bieng referenced as the "incredible hulk" in some threads. And to be honest as you progress further into the game your going to have tonnes of resources stored up in tonnes of chests, so its not as daunting as it seems :)Lava caves :encouragement:Check out what the guys and gals are talking about over at the Steam discussions on Dont Starve.http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/846955554812210707/

Edited by J20hawkz

[MENTION=43114]J20hawkz[/MENTION] WX is fairly generic, and I suggested maybe he has various "components" that are scattered through the world upon generation, that give him various boosts. And maybe as a penalty for so much benefits is that some of the modules can be "corrupt" and give him negative buffs.

And maybe make a 5th science tier special for Wickerbottom to make her special ability items.

This! It can be something so simple, too. Give her the ability to craft books!They could be a weapon sidegrade that she hits things with, and can right click on them to read it for a sanity boost at the cost of the books durability..... But really I just want to be a librarian that beats things to death with books.Edit: Also I had this silly idea for WX where his eyes would light up when he ate lightbulbs. That could be pretty funny :) Edited by Fanciful

Wendy should be able to summon abigail by the cost of sanity,like the one-man-band. But she should also be able "turn abigail off". And it could also have a limit,you can only summon abigail from 3 to 3 days.Just a suggestion...Will have a beta like the caves update? I can't wait to test the new perks and cons :D

Absolutely can not wait for this update, [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] I had a question. How many months of free updates are we going to get till we need to start paying for them for either pay to play or pay for the actual updates?

Since i play Wolfgang 90% of the time here's my two cents on him :Positive :- Higher damage, health and hunger- Can poop on plants to fertilize them...Negative :-Loses sanity faster in the dark and dusk-Gets hungrier faster-Items that are not weapons and armor require more ingridients to make

I like what you have in mind so far for the character rebalances, Kevin.I assume having an umbrella out would negate the rain thing for WX?

Wouldn't that be a little bit to....convenient? Basically negating his only negative perk?

Wouldn't that be a little bit to....convenient? Basically negating his only negative perk?

Well it costs 6 twigs + 1 pig skin + 2 silk to craft. I doubt we would be able to get the pig skin and silk that fast. And besides it could be raining while your finding the resources or while your fighting mobs such as spiders and hounds. You cant have the umbrella and a weapon active at the same time :)

it would also make sense. the umbrella is mostly pointless anyway unless you know you're gonna be crunched for sanity...especially since you can hit the shadow things before you're supposed to be able to.also, if you made Wolfgang get hungrier faster it would be stupid, imo. It pretty much cancels out the larger stomach buff. Edited by jbeetle

The issue with that is that rotten food is a separate item entirely, and making an exception to it's effects would be a bit of a pain in the rear.

Bahahaha I am so sorry I wrote that completely wrong. I meant that he can eat SPOILING food, not rot :DSorry for the misunderstanding