The Year of the Dragonfly Event is Now Available!

4 hours ago, Wander89 said:

That is not the problem of the event, the Problem is that boating is dangerous and right now pretty boring and that the event has nothing to do with the Dragonfly.

I think they meant to say that Dragon Boat Racing is a thing done in summer, not something to celebrate the Year of the Dragon or Lunar New Year. So just like an user said in this topic here earlier, its like adding Easter imagery to a Christmas themed event.

This is just disappointing, if Klei wanted to do a smaller event for this, literally just give Dragonfly an Easter Dragon reskin a lá Wintersfeast and maybe add some interaction with the lucky beast costume for her for the lucky gold nuggets (afterall Dragon Dancing is a thing done to celebrate in china, so why not tie that into this event?) and just do some dragonfly themed skins. That's all you really needed to do to celebrate the Year of the Dragonfly. As of now, this is just a Year of the Boat event.

Edited by Fuffles
  • Like 4

Klei, a minor suggestion.

Can we allow for more than one start points for a race? For example if you have a second one at the end of a long row of checkpoints, it can act as a finish line? This could at least allow for more diversity in the courses we can build.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 1

i tried the boat game once....ONCE! and instandly came to the conclusion: boats were NEVER supposed to be used for "fast paced racing", at least the boats of dst, they allready hard to control and....what that monkey there even? remove it, monkeys are known to be cheaters no matter what, like stealing the place of the dragonfly even....like no reporcussions just slaming the boat into yours and destorying it in the procress.......thats allready the reason why i disable the pirate monkeys and alsol the reason why i do alot less boat stuff in random puplic servers because of these stupid monkeys.....so yes...year of the "dragonfly" (boat) was completly RUIND alsol given...dragonfly is not even like...there at all to be realy called a "dragonfly themed event"...and of course it had to happend to the dragons that was disapointing could not have been anything else of the "year of the" updates...sad just sad

• Like 3

15 hours ago, doug27fani said:

Please don't update for consoles, leave them out of this horrible event.

I have to say I agree. I have been super excited and eagerly awaiting this event. I was so disappointed yesterday when I realized that it wasnt out for consoles... so I binge watched various streamers with the new update and honestly I like the reskin of the boats and sails thats cool and all but I wont be doing the races. boats are awful in the game worse on console and the only reason to make them is to raid the islands a couple times then build docks or boat bridges. 

If you wanted so badly to do the boats why not have some sort of water dragon? why not have the water dragon like the Cawnival Crow(s) and the totems for the race starts behave like the cawnival trees with the extra broodlings or dragons as spectators for the boat race? Overall such a missed opportunity for the coolest Zodiac.

P.S. the shrine is hideous. 

• Like 4

I really like it !

I xas waiting for such an event but, to be honnest, i tought it will be for monkey chinese year (and dragon would be about moon salamanders).

Maybe we'll have a ship battle event for monkey chinese year :)

Thank you Klei !!!

• Like 4
  • Health 1

If the world is against dst sailing I'm against the entire world. Klei made this update for me.

Looking forward to trying it out. I can't quite yet because im actually in the middle of a big nautopilot carousel project currently. On that note, I'd like to try and make a boat racing course that uses nautopilot carousel boats as moving obstacles. I think it will be an absolute disaster :congratulatory:

I know that people hate dst  boats a lot (for instance the other replies on this thread speak for themselves. If you work for klei on the dst team, you need to have a thick skin to look at the forums :wilson_curious:) i do understand where they are coming from, but, i enjoy it myself. (If i changed anything, the sail would rotate faster, but i think the boat itself would remain as an object with very high inertia, that you have to drive confidently if you are going at very high speeds. Please pretend not to notice when i next splatter myself on the side of a seastack and quietly retract this statement)

That being said... ok, i admit i didnt know anything about dragon boat racing or moon cakes before dst but i certainly think its an understandable thing for people to be annoyed/confused about, that these events are sometimes taking chinese celebrations from different times of the year and slapping them onto new year

The Wanda and wilson skins. In their portraits, they both look amazing, mysterious, beautiful, handsome. In-game, they both just look a bit dopey because of the masks cover up their eyebrows and it affects their apparent facial expression. Like this -> (◕_◕) Apart from that, the artists did a good job

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

Am I the only one who hates the “circle” boat designs? Like I mean… come on, Shipwrecked had boats that actually looked like boats.. and this Particular event… could have lent itself to the Bamboo Rafts from Shipwrecked. (Row’s with a Oar)

IMG_6118.png.67bfe52bb08b013d0a7c402948e3f178.png

Players have been begging for different shapes and sizes for boats since they were added in 2019..

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Am I the only one who hates the “circle” boat designs? Like I mean… come on, Shipwrecked had boats that actually looked like boats.. and this Particular event… could have lent itself to the Bamboo Rafts from Shipwrecked. (Row’s with a Oar)

I do, too. I despise the DST boats. For a very long time, the only way I was able to play DS was the SW pocket edition. I got very good at sailing. Then, the DST sailing system took it all away. I was a noob again. I still don't enjoy the sailing as much as SW. In fact, I have a SW world currently where I was on the water by Day 2. In DST, I wouldn't go sailing until about Day 36 or so.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Players have been begging for different shapes and sizes for boats since they were added in 2019..

i guess the circle is so like that everyone can go onto the boat at the same time.....because multiplayer i guess

• Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, The Starver said:

I do, too. I despise the DST boats. For a very long time, the only way I was able to play DS was the SW pocket edition. I got very good at sailing. Then, the DST sailing system took it all away. I was a noob again. I still don't enjoy the sailing as much as SW. In fact, I have a SW world currently where I was on the water by Day 2. In DST, I wouldn't go sailing until about Day 36 or so.

Nah you misunderstand, the boats wouldn’t work any differently than they do already, they would just have different shapes & sizes.

I actually like the way DST boats are more interactive than the Shipwrecked Water Shoes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Nah you misunderstand, the boats wouldn’t work any differently than they do already, they would just have different shapes & sizes.

Oh, that makes sense. Actually, I'm not that against DST boats, they're just a pain and a half to learn if you're coming from SW. This would be very nice to see.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Shipwrecked Water Shoes.

I suppose they deserve that.

12 hours ago, Echsrick said:

i tried the boat game once....ONCE! and instandly came to the conclusion: boats were NEVER supposed to be used for "fast paced racing", at least the boats of dst, they allready hard to control and....what that monkey there even?

No, do it again. It would be funny if you were raided by monkey's during the minigame/race :distracted:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

@JoeW I’m still earning the WintersFeast chests, is this supposed to still be happening after the new update?

You might be on console? The update is delayed on a few platforms so I'd imagine those platforms still have winter's feast active. 

It's over in the steam/PC world. 

Klei, could you transform the "Lucky Beast" items into pieces that we could wear each piece? For example, Lucky Beast Body/Tail in the body slot?

21 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah, I don't understand this fixation on circular boats, even when they have the chance to make a rectangle

21 hours ago, The Starver said:

I like dst boats more, but they lack mechanics to utilise their design which probably makes them overall weird. Mobs like cookie cutters, sharks and gnarwhales are cool with the ways they interact with boats. The way they interact with your boat is unique.

Problem is, that is just 3 mobs and you rarely see them. Infact- seeing a mob on the ocean other than a puffin or fish is rare. The ocean truly is mostly filled with nothing because of there being nothing to fill the gaps.

• Like 1

Hello? I am a Korean player of Don't Starve Together. 
Twitch will withdraw its business from Korea on February 27th.
I'm a Korean player, but I still want to receive drops.

In Korea, several streamers chose Chzzk (https://chzzk.naver.com) as a medium to replace Twitch.
Chzzk is a game broadcasting service that expands the game channel of a company called Naver. 
I understand that Korea's Don't Starve Together streamer is also moving to Chzzk.

Does your company plan to provide drops to Korean players through Chzzk? 
I would like your company to provide drops for Korean players.

I conclude this article with the hope that you will review it positively. 
Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

On 2/8/2024 at 5:58 PM, arubaro said:

So much negativity

Boat racing was a cool idea i wanted to be added

Thanks klei

It is sad to say but there is nothing cool on boats in DST. I wish they could implement the shipwrecked mechanic in DST.
Also, I am kinda shocked that dragonfly itself has no interaction with the event, even if you kill DF there is nothing else new :(

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

25 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

It is sad to say but there is nothing cool on boats in DST. I wish they could implement the shipwrecked mechanic in DST.
Also, I am kinda shocked that dragonfly itself has no interaction with the event, even if you kill DF there is nothing else new :(

You cant say that a fun and deep sailing mechanic like dst has nothing cool and after that say that you wish walking on water were implemented....

Gladly klei did a bigger effort than that and added a engaging way of travel throw water instead of what other sandboxes like valheim and core keeper or capy with SW did

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

I created a lot, a lot of expectation for this event. For the first update of the year, I am truly disappointed (for me, it was the worst game update in years). How can there be a Dragon Fly New Year event without the Dragon Fly? It makes no sense. At least the race should have used a different boat system (like the Shipwrecked boats). Based on the br community feedback, the majority doesn't like sailing in these 'circle' boats, let alone having an entire event dedicated to them.

:wilson_cry:

Edited by zVince
  • Like 5
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 2

9 hours ago, arubaro said:

You cant say that a fun and deep sailing mechanic like dst has nothing cool and after that say that you wish walking on water were implemented....

Walking on  water would be much better for how things are. Fun is subjective. This "deep" sailing is unnecesary. Most players will just use rows, which is walking, but you have to click again and again and again and-. Even if you use sailings, what is there going on in the ocean? Nothing. There are points of interest which you go on straight lines from land, do the thing, and return. But I will give them this, they are the nearest thing to those funny vehicles that don't turn well, a race was the best they could do with them, but not in this update...

Edited by SapoLover
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

18 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

Walking on  water would be much better for how things are. Fun is subjective. This "deep" sailing is unnecesary. Most players will just use rows, which is walking, but you have to click again and again and again and-. Even if you use sailings, what is there going on in the ocean? Nothing. There are points of interest which you go on straight lines from land, do the thing, and return. But I will give them this, they are the nearest thing to those funny vehicles that don't turn well, a race was the best they could do with them, but not in this update...

Walking on water wont make better finding those point of interest. Most likely the opposite since you will WASD to then and come back. Atleast with dst boats, the people that enjoy them, have fun during the travel because the micromanagement 

I really wish they keep adding content to have more excuses to navigate and even to use magnets to use more (right now i only use cargo boats to carry treasures and nuts)