Don't Starve Together 2024 Roadmap

1 hour ago, Kwaik said:

roadmap? 

4 large updates that include QoL and character skilltrees aside from the main themes, shorts and skins inbetween updates, and the usual events (YoT, Mid summer, Halloween, Winter). That's what I understood.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

4 large updates that include QoL and character skilltrees aside from the main themes, shorts and skins inbetween updates, and the usual events (YoT, Mid summer, Halloween, Winter). That's what I understood.

I guess it's a semantics arugement but to me it feels like a cadence announcement other than actual roadmap. Like in my mind a road map would be like hey we're going to finish the rift cycle,, or do skill trees for xyz, or were going to ass a new biomes or a new season, the next update will be in March and we have this planned at the time etc etc Instead what I got was. This year is going to be similar to last year except now it's going to be 4 major patches

I guess I was expecting ting something slightly more specific  

• Like 2

I see you picked the more bigger package and relaxed approach to this year's updates. I'll full heartedly buy the beaut skins you make to support your work :) Also gives me more time to relax and wait for the updates.

Having the quick monthly updates always felt short in the sense that they often never felt big and some felt just a little rushed. Having bigger packages coming it will make a big impact to the game and give your workers to plan out better bigger things in the future and have a breather some bit.

I'll be waiting for news. ♥

• Like 4

So presumably the decision of the Walter short was linked to the decoupling of shorts and content updates right? They also mentioned how later in the year typically bleeds into next years roadmap.

Aside from that, if Klei keeps a consistent pace of one news drop a week (New Skin, Short, Sneak Peak of update, etc). I think things will end up going really well.

• Like 1

I'm really excited for this year! I think having this longer period between updates will help them become more "cohesive" and thus the community will be much more receptive because in 2023 a lot of updates felt kinda disjointed. I believe in your hard work Klei, thanks for all of these years of good updates. I'm really happy we're getting year of dragonfly and not year of the saladmanders as some people here were expecting :grin: But shifting the topic a little bit, are we getting a short for Willow and Wigfrid? Or even skins? We didn't get anything for them on their character update, and that was really disappointing. I'm just asking because we were told we would hear about this on the roadmap but they were not mentioned. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EthanTheMime said:

would love to get a flashback short that occurs immediately after the cyclum comic

Ya

Also

I think it would be cool if each side of Webber had they’re own lunar and shadow alignments and if you pick up size for each of them, you unlock an unnatural alignment they were fuse together with the unnatural energy  and  were probably the first things to be in contact with it.

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

It should be said that less frequent updates mean less update prep which should allow a bit more time working directly on each update, but I don’t want to set expectations too high here.

Well, the developers have literally the answer to this.

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Less frequent updates. Finally

Hopefully that also means longer betas with a bigger emphasis on player's feedback

But I agree with you. I also would like to see better work with the community during beta testing.

• Like 1

Just now, Russian_Philin said:

Well, the developers have literally the answer to this

Sure but it could also be uderstood as "We, the devs, will have more time to work on an update behind the scenes", rather than "the betas will now last longer and we will implement community changes that reequire a lot of work"

• Like 1
  • Health 1

3 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Sure but it could also be uderstood as "We, the devs, will have more time to work on an update behind the scenes", rather than "the betas will now last longer and we will implement community changes that reequire a lot of work"

Which could be good or bad, depending on the situation; the real challenge is determining what part of the community to actually listen to, certainly not the ones who complain 24/7, or the ones who overreact to every single change, addition or subtraction.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JoeW said:

we will be releasing new lore shorts

As someone who plays only occasionaly nowadays, this is what I'm looking forward to the most. Especially if they'll have new lore, but even if just some new short stories about the survivors. Also the streams. I miss the weekly thursday streams.

Also, I really like the adjustment to the update schedule, it's better to give the devs the time they need. I wish you all a good year, Klei! :)

• Like 1

I hope there are more skins for Piggyback. It's the backpack I use the most and it only has one skin that I think is cool.

And the skin for the new drop is very beautiful. 

417417672_1078713603173494_6755207437617643273_n.jpg

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1