Don't Starve Together 2024 Roadmap

1 hour ago, DJ850 said:

Hopefully the event doesn't tune Dragonfly negatively (Nerfs/Difficulty Reductions). She has it rough enough as it is.

A giant that almost everyone can only fight using walls...

...This boss certainly needs changes.

Klei has already done a great job on Ancient Guardian. They can perfectly optimize Dragonfly's mechanics.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

For 2024 we are going to continue these, but we have decided to change our update process for this year. We’re going to have longer periods between updates in order to have more substantial and impactful gameplay updates. 

Best thing I've read in years. Literal blessing right here, please take all the time you lot need for these updates!!

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

new lore shorts, new skins and occasional news on their own

Does this mean we can look forward to a bit of clean-up on the most recent update? Willow and Wigfrid did get slid out of their own short and skins, and their trees still have a few lingering pains I've seen folks wanting addressed here and there.

• Like 9
  • Health 3

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

We have been working toward this goal for the past several months and this roadmap is where we will start with a newer schedule. With our new schedule we will be releasing 4 major updates; each containing a mix of QOL, content and additional character updates. In between these updates we will be releasing new lore shorts, new skins and occasional news on their own just to keep things from being too quiet for too long. 

Oh I love to hear it! Super exciting in my opinion! :love_heart:

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

We have the Year of the Dragonfly

Damn, was really hoping for Year of the Saladmander. Ah well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

A giant that almost everyone can only fight using walls

that's their problem, you can use ice staves

40 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Klei has already done a great job on Ancient Guardian. They can perfectly optimize Dragonfly's mechanics

no need to turn a boss that works into another boss that only has 1 strat that can be used for it, AG needed a rework because it wasn't fun in any way because there were only 2 strats, 1 of which was cheese and both were unfun and too little

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 2

16 minutes ago, grm9 said:

that's their problem, you can use ice staves

no need to turn a boss that works into another boss that only has 1 strat that can be used for it, AG needed a rework because it wasn't fun in any way because there were only 2 strats, 1 of which was cheese and both were unfun and too little

The characters had reworks. Bosses can too. I don't understand this fear of change on the part of the community.

• Like 5

Really cool news to here. Seasonal major updates should be an interesting change. At least while developing the rifts, I think the change should be for the best. That said, it will probably make the beta period more difficult to properly respond to feedback, so I do have some concerns in that regard.

The regular skin drops tho is is interesting, and probably indicates that Willow and Wigfrid will get their archaic sets soon.

I'm really excited for the change in philosophy to the shorts.The storyline did feel like it struggled to develop properly because it was stuck being attached to the update, which usually restricted meaningful developments to only a second or to of something interesting.

Roadmap art is immaculate as always.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

The characters had reworks. Bosses can too. I don't understand this fear of change on the part of the community

people that liked fighting and figuring out strats for them previously likely won't like those bosses if they get changed and turned into something like the new mutated bosses, which, imo, are boring and are worse than pretty much all ANR bosses except maybe antlion and klaus

• Like 1

I really, really don't think Dragonfly deserves a rework but I guess there's a solid chance she's getting one now. I don't blame Klei if they do rework her, because in recent months a lot of people here on the forums have complained about the fact that the fight "forces" you to use walls, even though this is not the case and there are tons of fun ways to fight her without them and without even using more resources, so it's more of a problem with players not being willing to experiment rather than the fight being bad. If the rework happens, my only hope is that they don't unnecessarily nerf her by giving her a stamina mechanic or by reducing the HP of the lavae so much that it invalidates all the creative strats people have come up with to overcome them.

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 2

2 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I really, really don't think Dragonfly deserves a rework but I guess there's a solid chance she's getting one now. I don't blame Klei if they do rework her, because in recent months a lot of people here on the forums have complained about the fact that the fight "forces" you to use walls, even though this is not the case and there are tons of fun ways to fight her without them and without even using more resources, so it's more of a problem with players not being willing to experiment rather than the fight being bad. If the rework happens, my only hope is that they don't unnecessarily nerf her by giving her a stamina mechanic or by reducing the HP of the lavae so much that it invalidates all the creative strats people have come up with to overcome them.

It is sad that people want to kill all bosses the same way. 

• Health 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

This is a great opportunity for some old-DS-style posters!

Yes, please!

3 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

THANK YOU, there is no shame in taking longer to make these updates you guys release. Here's to seeing more beautiful drawn skins for this year! :love_heart:

Yeah! I would really like to see some more pirate skins, maybe Hamlet/intrepid explorer themed skins.

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

Wasn't there going to be some info about the walter halloween trailer replacing the wigfrid and willow winter's feast trailer in the roadmap?

image.png.c6c6158423dc537e56330dad2ab378be.png

Lore shorts. I can't wait for more!!

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

What's the link supposed to do? I clicked it, but it just said "Reward Already Claimed." Did anyone else have this problem?

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

What’s coming up
For 2024 we are going to continue these, but we have decided to change our update process for this year. We’re going to have longer periods between updates in order to have more substantial and impactful gameplay updates. 

Yes THANK YOU that was so needed monthly updates were cool but it was clear that you didn't have time to work on everything so it was all a bit disconnected or had something missing until a later update came that fixed it so the actual release felt like a beta... The biggest offender of this was frostjaw that didn't have the slipping mechanics in his arena and he just had 50 tons of random annoying ice and a bunch of bugs that were all later fixed to make a 10/10 fight but again that happened a bit later so it felt as if his og release was a beta

I hope they will give Webber spiders based off the Webber triumphant and moonbound skins but without the the queen like part for more details and Webber ideas  click my signature if it’s not showing up and you’re on a phone turn it sideways 

I'm actually more excited to hear they will be taking their time with the updates than if there would be an update. The game is feeling to rushed and isn't as exciting to hear about them adding something that feels like they came up with last minute. I'm sure they are probably burnt out at this point, but I'm glad they are finally going to take their time with this.

• Like 4

My only request is that you guys don’t forget the Midsummers Cawnival this year, it went a year without any new attractions, and that made me a bit sad cause I kinda enjoyed the quirky little mini-games, it gave me and my friends something we could do in the game that wasn’t a major time investment.

The Cawnival was originally announced as being a yearly annual event & I am Not sure if the Cawnival was forgotten or if other content got in the way of that. 

4 major content updates, so I’m guessing they’ll be roughly 2-3 months apart? (I was always bad at math.)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kwaik said:

I hate to whine when there's good news and updates 

But it seems like the roadmap is lacking a bit of a, roadmap? 

The roadmap is continued one from last year. Nothings changed 

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

My only request is that you guys don’t forget the Midsummers Cawnival this year, it went a year without any new attractions, and that made me a bit sad cause I kinda enjoyed the quirky little mini-games, it gave me and my friends something we could do in the game that wasn’t a major time investment.

The Cawnival was originally announced as being a yearly annual event & I am Not sure if the Cawnival was forgotten or if other content got in the way of that. 

4 major content updates, so I’m guessing they’ll be roughly 2-3 months apart? (I was always bad at math.)

It's probably going to end up similar to winters feast & Hallowed nights, for better or for worse. Minor touch ups every couple of years but probably nothing major.

4 updates would be one every three months, though since it'll be at the end of March and they take december off, it'll probably be slightly more condenced.

Maybe like
Late March, Mid June, Early September, Late November? Idk

• Like 1