Don't Starve Together 2024 Roadmap

25 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

I'm surprised no one has made a thread or even comment the obvious thing today. Is DST community finally chilling?

I think people just forgot. Poor glommer no one remembers it's birthday :(

Screenshot_20240208_120829_Google.jpg

Edited by BalkanCockroach

2 hours ago, SapoLover said:

I'm surprised no one has made a thread or even comment the obvious thing today. Is DST community finally chilling?

This may or may not be a good thing..

When there were threads where people were excited and anticipating an update, it meant people were enjoying the game and excited about what they had to look forward to enjoying in said game.

But if people start to lose interest.. then said game could lose players, and that won’t be good for Klei.

I absolutely loved the 2022 release Gotham Knights, but critics & fans seemed to hate it so much, that the possibility of it getting any continued support through DLC is highly unlikely at this point.

But a game with a beautiful highly detailed open world, could have literally told ANY STORY it wanted to within that universe- Past, Present or Future.. yet due to it being deemed a Failure, the likelihood of such isn’t looking so good.

But when it comes to DST Of course it’s possible that people just aren’t too hyped about the “Year of” Mini events, and there will be more hype surrounding the actual meaty content updates and lore drops.

At least I’d hope so anyway… :( 

TL:DR- a “chill” Community may or may not be a good thing.

Edited by Mike23Ua

On 2/8/2024 at 2:08 PM, Mike23Ua said:

when it comes to DST Of course it’s possible that people just aren’t too hyped about the “Year of” Mini events, and there will be more hype surrounding the actual meaty content updates and lore drops.

Am kinda hype cause they usually leave small features in after the event is over like giblet, QoL etc.

Edit: huh

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1

This was my biggest fear. Instead of enjoying the content and waiting till things where finished for constructive feedback. Ppl were in A huge fuss. We were able to consume content in smaller stages being able to provide focused feedback at each stage. Now I fear betas will be a considerable amount of time longer which means even longer periods of no content for console players. This makes me so sad, the only plus is that this hopefully takes the pressure off Klei cause this community put them thru a meat grinder last year. They gave us Free content and it was substantial content for years. I think they deserved more trust than they were given.

• Shopcat 1

So what's the conclusion with this roadmap? 

They literally say 4 major updates a year, then say there's the dragonfly update in February (which is a very minor seasonal event) and then mentions a "QoL + more" update the end of March. 

QoL + more, doesn't sound how a dev would describe a major update. And then if it's not, it would be kind of weird for the first of 4 annual major updates to start in like May/June

Re read this post tonight to see if I can get a feel for the roadmap time-line and now I'm realizing that the original post might not even be consistent with the roadmap in the same post 

Edited by Kwaik
  • Sanity 2

Any news on fixing the crab King geysers crashing the game to blue screen on PS4? This needs addressing as you cannot access the celestial champion stuff without beating him.

• Like 2

t does not work. Parry seems to not activate any powers related to taking damage or being hit- I reported that in-game as a bug, but it might be intended. (Or at least warrants a change of wording in some powers)

Parry also breaks shield iirc, so maybe combos related to that can be achieved?