So as a community, We've decided to introduce a craft that upgrades a chest to expand it by 5 times the capacity.

We had a community council meeting and we collectively decided that a spark ark, 2 gears, 3 brightshade husks and 2 scrap makes a cellunar bore drill and the logic is, storage gets expanded by 5 times the slots by drilling into the earth and having storage act as a cellar.

So a standard chest gets 45 total slots and a scaled chest gets 60 total.

In case you missed the meeting, this is how it's going to be and we hope you're glad with this decision. 

We're currently awaiting Klei's approval, but the community has collectively decided to go forward with this. 

Thanks for reading.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 1
  • Spooky 1

24 minutes ago, chirsg said:

We had a community council meeting...In case you missed the meeting, this is how it's going to be and we hope you're glad with this decision. 

d546b527-91c3-4da8-ba42-ee0e2757a66c_tex

• Haha 6

Ah yes, the famous community council. The one and only, the cream of the crop! They've been a part of this community since i was just a wee lad. 
Wdym you don't remember them, dear reader? I don't remember them either but that's no excuse! 

• Like 7

Chirsg I honestly have a hard time telling if half your posts are jokes or if you’re a genuinely delusional person and it’s getting a bit concerning. This is not how fan suggestions work

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Wavey 1

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

by drilling into the earth

Won't you end up in caves?

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

So a standard chest gets 45 total slots and a scaled chest gets 60 total.

This is a lot of items to pick up if it gets smashed by Deerclops or whatever knocks all items out, so I would have it be something near 2*[inventory slots] (2*15=30) to be more practical. It's also not a square (but the tin bin did get turned into a rectangle so..).

And this brings up a good problem. I like that you can craft directly out of chests, which is more efficient than looking through at least 3-4 or all of the available chests for the materials you want (and then putting back spares after crafting all you want, if not spending the time to split up the stacks).

This brings up ingredient affinities, which are groups of ingredients that go together for most common crafts (e.g. Thulecite Fragments, Thulecite, Nightmare Fuel, Orange Gem, Yellow Gem, Green Gem, and Living Log let you craft 12/18 recipes from the Ancient Pseudoscience Station without having to bring additional ingredients, and the 6 are not so commonly used/accessible that it would be more convenient to set aside slots for them).

So with the current constraints, what ingredients would you put together, and what recipes would you forego or require carrying an ingredient to an existing set if you were to have such a setup? (This is relevant to the topic because we will be able to see why the space is needed, and problems such as Boards having a small stack size relative to the demand that comes from most crafts (x4).)

To give this a somewhat serious answer, why don't you post your ideas under suggestions, or better for now (as this really is a very specific niche concept), discuss them with modders to make into a mod? There seems to be a lot of clutter with joke threads in the forums recently and it is getting kind of annoying to navigate through this. So it's best to either make genuine suggestions to realise ideas in dedicated places or, if you only want to make a joke, make it in Memes or put it as a funny answer in an already existing thread.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

To give this a somewhat serious answer, why don't you post your ideas under suggestions, or better for now (as this really is a very specific niche concept), discuss them with modders to make into a mod? There seems to be a lot of clutter with joke threads in the forums recently and it is getting kind of annoying to navigate through this. So it's best to either make genuine suggestions to realise ideas in dedicated places or, if you only want to make a joke, make it in Memes or put it as a funny answer in an already existing thread.

I'm not seeing cluttering amounts of joke threads if any. My only criticism is the joke didn't make me laugh. I give this joke a  4.5/10

4 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

People don't really get involved if I post under suggestions. I don't think that likes and engagement always equals a suggestion that makes it into the game, but something as simple as "expanded slots for chests" has been a suggestion that has been made countless times. 

I want to get people talking about solutions when it comes to storage. 9 slots is fine early game, but having 45 slots for a single upgraded chest would be fantastic and it would be locked behind a spark ark. Not something that would entirely be unbalanced.

• Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I want to get people talking about solutions when it comes to storage.

Then make an actual discussion thread, not a "it has been decided" or suggestion thread.

If you want people talking you have to give them the space to talk, like suggest a solution, and ask if it sounds balanced. Explain a problem and offer multiple solutions and ask people which they prefer, if they think there is a problem at all. Basically set up a stage and let people come up.

A post formatted this way creates an atmosphere for jokes and spite replies, not discussion.

• Like 13
  • Big Ups 1

i see one mod like this and i cant lie i hate it. it bothering me so much how when u open it u just cover half of your screen. and if its cluttered it will be nightmare to clean everytime a person mess up the order. 
unless it comes with auto merge and auto sort it might worth building one of this somewhere, but probably not on my base. 

Edited by prettynuggets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

discuss them with modders to make into a mod?

Ah, here's another thing I glossed over. I didn't read this properly, but I never ever ask anyone to make mods for me. I have a decently high opinion of myself, but not one so high that I would demand people literally do work for me for free.

I've commissioned a mod before for money, but with the sheer amount of ideas I have, not one have I asked a modder to make for me. It would be nice if they took my ideas and made it out of their own volition, but to do this, no.

Also, storage expansion has been done and beaten to death on the workshop. I'll just be adding a shot to the barrel of whiskey. 

I'm trying to cook up a bit of interest in an idea of a way to expand storage without needing to build an entire other structure for it. 

8 hours ago, CuteC said:

I wouldn't say no to better storage options but the problem is that the game would still lag extremely bad.

Is it because items are still registered as being loaded into an area when in a chest?