[Game Update] - 586896

• Developer

Changes:

• Fireproof Falsetto now reduces fire damage completely.
  • Further skin support for BERNIE! is here. It now supports the Shadow and Lunar variants.
  • Added battle music for Frostjaw.
  • The seasonal event Winter’s Feast is now enabled.
  • New Winter’s Feast Ornaments are available.
  • Wigfrid Skill Tree Changes:
    • Noble Mount III has been redesigned.
    • Tweaked some crafting recipe costs.
    • Commander's Helm: added winter insulation, now has more waterproofness and more durability.
    • Slightly decreased Warrior's Reprise inspiration cost.
    • Increased the repairing effect of Commander's Helm Enhancement II.
  • Willow Skill Tree Changes:
    • New spell icons with cooldown meter support.
    • Reduced cool down times on Shadow and Lunar Flame skills.
    • Slightly increased Willow’s Lighter’s absorb range to account for some larger objects.
    • Hot-Headed now only works for hostile mobs.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a common crash when singing Warrior's Reprise.
  • Fixed a crash when Burning Frenzy's effect ends.
  • Added Fire Ball and Flame Cast skills controller support.
  • Fixed crashes when using a controller to use Willow’s Embers.
  • Fixed boats sometimes being let through a Whirlportal when it would get stuck.
  • Fixed floating art in Warly’s Swashbuckler skin.
  • Cookie Cutters won’t try to eat boatable ice.
  • Combustion Ember ability will target more things like Bunny Men and Merm but not companions.
  • Increased the resolution of the menu image.
  • Fixed Elding Spear’s Lightning Strike attack being able to break the Moon Stone and extinguish campfires.
  • Fixed BERNIE!’s alignment not being applied when choosing a skill.
  • Fixed BERNIE!’s alignment staying aligned when its Willow leader switched.
  • Fixed BERNIE! erroneously switching leaders.
  • Prime Mates and Powder Monkeys will row again.
  • Celestial Champion’s phase one will now hurt large creatures, like BURNIE!.
  • Fixed Willow’s base skin losing an ear while wearing a hat.

View full update

• Like 30
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1
  • GL Happy 3
  • Potato Cup 2

26 minutes ago, Jason said:
    • Slightly increased Willow’s Lighter’s absorb range to account for some larger objects.

Glad to see we can still kill players in co-op with Willow's Moon Flames. Burn base and if someone comments.. burn them too. Heck, burn them just for the good measure of Willow's "Epic Griefer character" official status :encouragement:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Changes:

• Fireproof Falsetto now reduces fire damage completely.
  • Wigfrid Skill Tree Changes:
    • Tweaked some crafting recipe costs.
    • Commander's Helm: added winter insulation, now has more waterproofness and more durability.
    • Slightly decreased Warrior's Reprise inspiration cost.

'bout time Firepoof Falsetto was actually fireproof, and I'm glad some Wig feedback has improved her kit.  Getting planar while mounted was really bad, gaining inspiration while riding is both thematic and mechanically valuable.  Now Wig is more likely to be able to play a song here or there outside of boss fights, or even at the start of a fight to get things going.

The saddle is still pretty ... well it is pretty I'll give it that.  Dunno why I'd ever use it, but it does look pretty.

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay 1) Hot-headed now works only on... mobs that are hostile... that Bernie would already aggro on... b/c that is what Bernie does.  He aggros and fights all hostile mobs...

What exactly is this skill supposed to do?  b/c right now I don't see how it actually has any effect on the game.

Bernie tree is so boring I could buy 0 points and feel I didn't miss anything - unless I put so many points into it that I give up almost all fire power to get Burning Bernie so I can pretend I picked Wendy sometimes.  The Bernie tree needs a whole sale overhaul.

2) Everything I posted about Willow's skill tree still holds true.  Cool downs are bad, and they are there ONLY because Ember's are not finite.  If their cost is not enough of a cost, fix that.

Pick a side.  Delete embers and just give her cd, or ditch the cd and properly balance her access to embers ie limits and drop rates.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 16
  • Sad Dupe 1

53 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Celestial Champion’s phase one will now hurt large creatures, like BURNIE!.

Also curious about this.  How is Bernie going to be out during Celestial Champion who you fight on the lunar island where you're under lunacy and can't have Bernie?

Okay has this been mentioned anywhere before?  Maybe I just missed it.  With Bernie alignment he will grow in low lunacy.

Edited by Shosuko

45 minutes ago, Jason said:
45 minutes ago, Jason said:
24 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

For anyone wondering, the Commander's Helm has 60 winter insulation.

For the trouble taken to acquire the helmet, 120 and we have a deal

• Like 6

I love the look of shadow Ashley...which is a shame since there's still no good reason to use the shadow skill over the lunar one. I feel like trimming shadow fireraiser down to 3 seconds and lunar fire raiser down to 9 seconds would probably be the best balance if we're dead set on cooldowns while giving a good reason to use shadow over lunar.

That aside the Bernie tree is still in need of one of two changes. Either Willow should be able to get Burning Bernie alongside her other 2 alignment skills even if it requires other sacrifices or Burning Bernie's skills leading to his unlock need to provide a bigger incentive to commit because as it stands He isn't worth the sp sink outside of people unable to beat the required bosses. I don't like that there feels like there's a correct choice is what I'm getting at.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Also curious about this.  How is Bernie going to be out during Celestial Champion who you fight on the lunar island where you're under lunacy and can't have Bernie?

Okay has this been mentioned anywhere before?  Maybe I just missed it.  With Bernie alignment he will grow in low lunacy.

It hasn't to my knowledge but I did confirm Bernie is growing with low lunacy which is very cool.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arcwell said:

image.png.a27359e1cb7fce5cea64f7d34c1c74ef.png

They're still too high.

I fully support it. I immediately tested these changes on simple enemies and the queen bee, and even so it causes discomfort rather than satisfaction from convenience. In fact, this is also a consequence of some other reasons, such as the long collection of embers (for the regular casting of these abilities), the space they occupy in the inventory, etc. However, all these inconveniences, in anticipation of the release, can be pushed into the background in order to return to them later, as was the case with Wormwood, but the cooldown of abilities still needs to be reduced right now (or better yet remove it). On the good side, the new ability icons and Ashley are great.

Edited by Casador19
  • Like 15

15 minutes ago, july401 said:

Anyone could tell me what's the design is?

Instead of +10 planar damage while mounted, it gives Wig passive inspiration gain while riding up to 50% inspiration. 

6 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It hasn't to my knowledge but I did confirm Bernie is growing with low lunacy which is very cool.

Yeah.  Now grows if you take the alignment skill.  tbh that is a good boost to Bernie, I'm wondering where I missed it...  Was it added this patch?  I'm pretty sure in last one I tested and Bernie didn't grow.

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  • Fixed BERNIE!’s alignment not being applied when choosing a skill.

Maybe its this line.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2

thanks for the controller support on the spells its great, though i'd still rather have an ember limit over cooldowns, but i don't see that changing before or by launch. that being said great work with the spells on controller I am really excited.

Also as previously stated bernie already fights everything in combat hot headed is still redundant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

The saddle is still pretty ... well it is pretty I'll give it that.  Dunno why I'd ever use it, but it does look pretty.

Tbh I think this is for players not as good at kiting while it does slow the beef down it also makes it able to take more punishment if the player isn't as good at kiting in the first place.