[Game Update] - 586896

31 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I'm wondering where I missed it...  Was it added this patch?  I'm pretty sure in last one I tested and Bernie didn't grow.

no. this was happening before this patch. i know for a fact, because my friends consistently had big bernie out during moonstorm nights before this ptach.

• Like 3

Loving the new noble mount 3 and new art! 

Also like the fireproof falsetto change, it went from a useless song, to niche, but pretty interesting one. It can now be used if you or your friends want to use some sort of fire in a fight, especially nice for Wig+Willow combo, but can also be potentially used with stuff like Wolfgang's fire dumbbell's fires, or Wickerbottom's flame pen(iirc it now does more fire damage than the fire stuff, correct? So can be good in some situations). Overall, I feel like this change is very positive, both for Wigfrid&Willow synergy, as well as just for the song in general.

• Like 7

I really don't think much has been changed in regard to the beefalo tree. If it's meant to serve as a way to gain inspiration passively rather than as a combat option - what is the point of the saddle? If the idea is meant to be passive/utility beefalo use rather than combat, the saddle should instead be about mounting/remounting frequently - so maybe add faster mount/dismount times. I'm also unsatisfied about the first 2 noble mount skills - give wigfrid something she can actually use once the beefalo is tamed.

• Like 7

Again, lunar and shadow flames aren't strong enough to justify cooldowns. Imagine that Wolfgang had to wait 3 seconds every time you attacked. Maxwell can spam shadow prision wich is arguably better crowd control. I don't understand this limitation

• Like 18

Remove the cooldowns and just add a cap if necessary. I get it you guys have a deadline but don't cripple the content FOR LAUNCH just because of it when there's better solutions to the problem presented everywhere on the forums during betas.

7 hours ago, Lovens said:

Will Frostjaw get a Winter's Feast ornament too? 

Probably yeah for the ornament, wish ocean bosses got different looks like the crab king's unused one too.

Edited by Antynomity
  • Like 10

52 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

Remove the cooldowns and just add a cap if necessary. I get it you guys have a deadline but don't cripple the content FOR LAUNCH just because of it when there's better solutions to the problem presented everywhere on the forums during betas.

Unpopular opinion but I still prefer a cooldown to a ember cap as I feel placing a cap will just make ember management tedious that being said like I initially said I hope they go with 3 seconds for shadow and 9 seconds for lunar.

• Like 5

Even more an unpopular opinion, but get this: BOTH are bad.

But seriously, if either one has, and I mean HAS, to be fully implemented, then here's how to go about them in the right direction, in my opinion:

- Cooldowns: Very short, with Shadow Fire not even having one if it's not going to be buffed at all. 

- Ember Limit: Higher stack size for embers, reduced cost for spells, restriction of what drops embers lifted, or all of the above.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeckbeardMan said:

I haven’t tested Bernies ability to turn with lunacy yet but does the perk to transform him at higher sanity work with lunacy?

I tested it at the start of beta and on the current patch as well and it transforms Bernie at the same values as it would outside of lunacy, all Bernie types included, even none aligned one. So with the two skills, Bernie will transform at 60 lunacy and below.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Both cold fire and dark fire seem to have practically the same cooldown, as the countdown starts when you start the skill, and cold fire lasts about 5 seconds (13-5=8). At least that was my impression.
And the cold fire no longer hurts Players (PVP Off) and allied creatures (normal Bernie no longer takes damage). And lunar-aligned creatures are now damaged by cold fire (in the previous patch they were immune).

It looks like burning frenzy now works with cold fire and dark fire. Cold fire deals 55 damage per hit (from 50), and dark fire deals 110 damage per hit (from 100).

Edited by Xtreme_D1
  • Sanity 2

sad to see there is not buff to wigfrid's battle stingers... the effects last almost the same as the casting animation making them really useless in the few scenarios were they could help

by just adding 2 seconds to the effects and reduce the casting animation to <0.5 secs they will be way better

14 hours ago, Arcwell said:

image.png.a27359e1cb7fce5cea64f7d34c1c74ef.png

They're still too high.

Not really, they look fine. Maybe shadow could be 6 seconds but they are alright now.

14 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

It now raises inspiration passively up to 50%

Screenshot(195).png.a3f84d3912bd2d5e6bad88faa6629d38.png

It is nice but it needs more (Also removing the planar damage from beefalo is a step back)

• Like 1

Although this may sound a bit disappointing, I still want to say that the old icons are more concise and aesthetically pleasing

image.png

Just now, tuyuan said:

Although this may sound a bit disappointing, I still want to say that the old icons are more concise and aesthetically pleasing

image.png

Is there a possibility of changing it back?ummmm

13 minutes ago, tuyuan said:

I still want to say that the old icons are more concise and aesthetically pleasing

Is there a possibility of changing it back?ummmm

I can't argue with your personal preference, but I disagree entirely with the idea of them changing it back

• Like 12

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

sad to see there is not buff to wigfrid's battle stingers... the effects last almost the same as the casting animation making them really useless in the few scenarios were they could help

by just adding 2 seconds to the effects and reduce the casting animation to <0.5 secs they will be way better

They keep getting more useless relative to other attacks and skills because everything else keeps getting buffed ad nauseam. The logic in the place as intuitive as in the Constant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1