[Game Update] - 586896

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Changes:

• Fireproof Falsetto now reduces fire damage completely.

Despite my opinion not being positive on the song as a whole (as i have expressed even excessively before lol), i have to give credit for the fact this is a change for base Wigfrid rather than using skill points for it! This is definitely a step in the right direction! 

18 hours ago, Jason said:
  • Wigfrid Skill Tree Changes:
    • Noble Mount III has been redesigned.

With this change, Noble Mount III actually sounds like a skill worth using! Having an option to use songs outside of big bosses opens a lot of gameplay options. I'll have to see how much this changes the overall song choices and usefulness. Who knows, maybe it can even change my opinion on some of them.

Although i do still think some songs should be made more useful, mainly the battle stingers. 

• Like 3

Changes are definitely heading in the right direction and I do appreciate that. 

If there is one suggestion everyone wants, please remove cooldowns from Willow's lunar and shadow flame spells. It's always fun to be able to decide to dump all your embers (they are a resource after all) to unleash armageddon. Do it, to return that satisfying feel of pre-patch Willow.

• Like 12

“All I want for Christmas is You” intensifies

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
From my Alchemy Engine 
I just want to craft Ice Boats 
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas are those 

Credit to @chirsg for the original craftable ice boats idea

Edited by Kubicska
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

15 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

From my Alchemy Engine 
Make my wish come true

I love this 

• Happy Hazard 2

12 hours ago, Madnezz119 said:

Maybe lightning enemies on fire or attacking can reduce willows cds by one second for each instance.

League of Legends have something like this in their new game mode. There's an aument that gives you passive dps, and your cooldowns gets decreased by like 0.1 second ever tic. If you play a character with dps in their kit, such as poison or burn, and build specific dps items, that cooldown will stack. So you can almost half your overall cooldowns if you do it right.

I think it'd be cool if Willows cooldown was decreased every tic of fire damage, increased if the burn does more (something to do with mob temp idk im too dumb to understand it)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ECS.98 said:

With this change, Noble Mount III actually sounds like a skill worth using! Having an option to use songs outside of big bosses opens a lot of gameplay options. I'll have to see how much this changes the overall song choices and usefulness. Who knows, maybe it can even change my opinion on some of them.

I would rather Noble Steed II be the one got replaced than III. I think Wigfird need that damage. Yes, it is not much, but it is what makes Wigfird’s Ornery beefalo deals 65 damage with Wigfrid’s own saddle, which means the beef is dealing only 3 damage lower than usual 68 from War Saddle but with a 40% damage reduction. 

Now that Noble Steed III got replaced, Wigfrid’s beefalo can only deal 55 damage. It is…..ok if you are using other characters, but for Wigfrid this damage is too low. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Kubicska said:

From my Alchemy Engine 
Make my wish come true

I've made that an official suggestion. But not in song. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 7:43 AM, Antynomity said:

Probably yeah for the ornament, wish ocean bosses got different looks like the crab king's unused one too.

Wdym unused crab king ornament? There are just two different ones, pearled and non-pearled. Same for misery and normal toad. Why would other ocean bosses who only have one form get differently looking ornaments? 

Edited by Lovens
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, -Variant said:

They're talking about the reskins.

Like how Deerclops, Dfly, Moose, etc. change looks for the holidays. Crab King has an unused one. I made a post about it!
image.png.00d09b190c8a5a23a680bb1972e35006.png

Wow, it looks pretty awesome! I'd definitely like to see other boss reskins for the holiday season. Thanks for showing it to me!

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, chirsg said:

For the trouble taken to acquire the helmet, 120 and we have a deal

I don't think armor should fulfill the role of warm hat, commander helm needs more than just insulation to make me stop making cheap 2 gold 2 rock helmets over... whatever this is.

16 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

Sorry I completely forgot that you made that suggestion first (I even commented on your original post) 

I Credited you for the idea, have a great day!
 :wilson_smile:

Don't apologize lmao. anyone can have the credit for the idea as long as it makes it in game

11 minutes ago, CuteC said:

I don't think armor should fulfill the role of warm hat, commander helm needs more than just insulation to make me stop making cheap 2 gold 2 rock helmets over... whatever this is.

I said what I said assuming the recipe still called for blue feathers, but now it doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I said what I said assuming the recipe still called for blue feathers, but now it doesn't.

I was just trying to say that the helmet needs something else cuz insulation won't cut it, there has to be a reason to use commander helm over battle helm, as of now there is none because battle helms are insanely cheap and good, the only enemies that have knockback are planar and for those you WANT to use a brightshade helmet instead because you will get demolished using this.

1 hour ago, CuteC said:

I was just trying to say that the helmet needs something else cuz insulation won't cut it, there has to be a reason to use commander helm over battle helm, as of now there is none because battle helms are insanely cheap and good, the only enemies that have knockback are planar and for those you WANT to use a brightshade helmet instead because you will get demolished using this.

Being able to passively repair damage to the helm seems like a pretty big deal to me. Killing spiders (which I already do constantly as Wigfrid to restore health/hunger/sanity on the go) is cheaper than mass producing battle helms. This definitely makes the commander's helm more appealing for exploration and stuff, since I can undo the damage without having to worry about having a spare ready in case of a sudden fight.

For boss fights (or even more powerful non-boss mobs) this wouldn't be the case though. I can't imagine the commander's helm self-heals fast enough to survive much longer than a battle helm in a boss battle, meaning you'd still have to mass produce them if you expect to take a lot of hits. Beefalo wool and marble aren't the hardest things to farm, but keeping them on hand to craft on the go does require more inventory space compared to the battle helm's rocks. At that point it comes down to whether the planar and knockback protection are worth it and idk about that.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

I've been playing a bit as Wigfrid on the beta and used the Beefalo skill tree extensively.  I really like the new saddle, as I feel a lot safer about losing my Beefalo (particularly to accidents where it gets into a fight while I'm not riding it).  Granted, in most cases, simply having more damage would help keep it alive better - but I felt the +10 planar damage helped with that.  Since Wigfrid is so good at combat, I really only used it to restore health and sanity or preserve weapon/armor durability (though since she has such nice spears and helmets, durability was a non-issue - I do like using it for ruins, though).  I don't like having to feed an Ornery Beefalo to use it, so I go with Default.  And a Default Beefalo with Wigfrid's saddle and +10 planar damage was... adequate.  Certainly not a heavy hitter, but enough that when combined with the saddle's defense, it would last for more enemies than with a War saddle equipped instead.  From other comments here, I gather it is an unpopular opinion, but I liked being able to edge out a little more damage on a Default Beefalo by adding planar damage.

I'm not thrilled about the new trait of charging up inspiration.  I never really use them anyway, since they only really charge up for boss fights.  Easier bosses like a deerclops don't even need them, so I only consider them for tankier things like a Dragonfly.  Now, being able to charge inspiration and maintain it all the time is certainly useful, but which of the effects do I need on a beefalo?  I don't need to prolong weapon durability when a beefalo is the weapon.  I don't need to heal more on hit, since the beefalo is taking all non-ranged hits.  I don't really need sanity, as Wigfrid just doesn't tend to have sanity trouble.  The fireproof one seems useful now, but only on fire-related bosses, where I could easily charge up inspiration without a beefalo.  Same issue for resisting sanity auras - this only comes up in boss fights where I can charge up inspiration easily myself.

I only really see two use-cases for this.  1) Mindlessly follow an ally to provide them with healing or sanity while they attack things.  I feel like I could just find them healing or sanity items in the time I'd be spending following them as an aura-bot.  2) During bosses, if I'm hurt or can't kite well and want to give a buff to allies, but don't feel comfortable just attacking as Wigfrid herself.

While I preferred the damage increase over inspiration gain, I could see myself liking the inspiration gain if these was a battle song that helped the beefalo.  Maybe a buff to beefalo damage or better-yet, a beefalo-only healing effect (which would pair well with the defense of Wigfrid's unique saddle, making it more competitive with war saddle).  It just feels like all my songs (except maybe rude interlude or something to lure enemies around on beefaloback) benefit more as wigfrid than as beefalo, so while I get inspiration on a beefalo, I don't have an incentive to sing on a beefalo.

I'm a huge fan of taming and using a beefalo, and I really want to like the beefalo tree more, but I only really like the faster taming speed and the saddle.  Having to get longer ride time (a non-issue once fully tamed) and passive inspiration gain (for all the songs I don't need to use from beefalo-back) just to get the saddle makes it feel like a 3 point investment I don't want to sink.

In conclusion, I preferred the planar damage to inspiration gain, and would like it more if the beefalo tree had something of the following:

• A branching beefalo tree that doesn't cost 4 points to reach the saddle, or a further buff to the saddle to make it worth 4 points.
  • Beefalo-related battle song to either boost beefalo stats (damage, speed, armor, etc.) or to heal ridden/nearby tamed beefalo for a couple hundred health (reducing the need to try to safely dismount in a boss fight to feed it).  This would make inspiration while on a beefalo more useful (currently it just feels like I should charge up before starting a boss, then hop off the beefalo for actual combat).
  • Wigfrid can feed a beefalo while mounted on it.  Wigfrid only eats meat and beefalo doesn't eat meat, so the "eat" option on veggies while riding beefalo could instead map to feeding the beefalo rather than exclaiming how much she doesn't want to eat meat.  Wigfrid is already great at just tanking bosses, letting her do something similar with a beefalo doesn't seem like it would be game-breaking - just changing the need for marble suits and her helmet to a need for beefalo treats and dragon pies.
  • Wigfrid gains the ability to mount a beefalo as long as it has a saddle (no need to feed Ornery first), as that's just a nice little quality of life and would fit well with themes like faster taming of a beefalo and the viking aesthetic - potentially even just tacked on to the same skill tree node as faster taming or ride duration.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, readkey said:

I would rather Noble Steed II be the one got replaced than III. I think Wigfird need that damage. Yes, it is not much, but it is what makes Wigfird’s Ornery beefalo deals 65 damage with Wigfrid’s own saddle, which means the beef is dealing only 3 damage lower than usual 68 from War Saddle but with a 40% damage reduction. 

Now that Noble Steed III got replaced, Wigfrid’s beefalo can only deal 55 damage. It is…..ok if you are using other characters, but for Wigfrid this damage is too low. 

I spoke for what was gained more than what was lost. The possibility of gaining inspiration when riding a beefalo is definitely something appreciated.

I can't say much about damage since i don't use a beefalo to fight as Wigfrid, i only use a rider beefalo for transport, and the inspiration gain synergizes very well with the way i use it, as i'll always have inspiration ready whenever i decide to hop out of the beefalo for combat. (And i don't see a point in using the Battle Saddle anyway, it just seems outclassed by normal saddles)

But i do agree that longer ride time as a whole doesn't seem useful at all. A fully tamed beefalo already allows over 1 day of riding time, and that's if we don't need to dismount for any reason. I have never been in a situation where my beefalo bucked me out after being fully tamed.

7 hours ago, D_Good_Fellow said:

Being able to passively repair damage to the helm seems like a pretty big deal to me. Killing spiders (which I already do constantly as Wigfrid to restore health/hunger/sanity on the go) is cheaper than mass producing battle helms. This definitely makes the commander's helm more appealing for exploration and stuff, since I can undo the damage without having to worry about having a spare ready in case of a sudden fight.

For boss fights (or even more powerful non-boss mobs) this wouldn't be the case though. I can't imagine the commander's helm self-heals fast enough to survive much longer than a battle helm in a boss battle, meaning you'd still have to mass produce them if you expect to take a lot of hits. Beefalo wool and marble aren't the hardest things to farm, but keeping them on hand to craft on the go does require more inventory space compared to the battle helm's rocks. At that point it comes down to whether the planar and knockback protection are worth it and idk about that.

There never was an issue with helm durability (need I also say that to get the "better durability" helmet you have to UPGRADE the regular battle helm durability first?), gold and rocks are things you'll have with you at all times for other crafts such as golden pickaxes anyway, also you only repair at FULL HP in a FIGHT, that is not going to happen ever.

The materials for a commander helm do not seem worth using over plain old gold and rocks, the thing is BARELY better than a battle helm but making it on the go uses more space.

36 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

Probably just a moon glass button, lol.

Ya your probably right but I feel like both eyes should be intact and lunar base Bernie button eye should be more intact rather the partially broken off   Don’t you think 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1

5 hours ago, ECS.98 said:

But i do agree that longer ride time as a whole doesn't seem useful at all. A fully tamed beefalo already allows over 1 day of riding time, and that's if we don't need to dismount for any reason. I have never been in a situation where my beefalo bucked me out after being fully tamed.

I think the first two points are good for smoothing over the taming process.  + ride time is immediately useful in easing that process.  After that point its more a skill tax for the passive inspiration which imo is worth it.  My spec tree was 1 point in fighting words, the spear and commander helm maxed, 3 beef skill and affinity.  What have y'all been using?

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I think the first two points are good for smoothing over the taming process.  + ride time is immediately useful in easing that process.  After that point its more a skill tax for the passive inspiration which imo is worth it.  My spec tree was 1 point in fighting words, the spear and commander helm maxed, 3 beef skill and affinity.  What have y'all been using?

The first skill is already improving the taming process, and the second skill is.... just doing the same thing, which is why I feel it is not worth it. Now, I understand it is normal to have some skill points being an investment for the next one rather than being actually useful, but the third and forth skills in this branch do not seem impactful enough for such an investment.

If I am playing beefalo route, I would put like this:

all 4 points into the branch - I think currently it is not very worth to invest into beefalo as Wigfrid but this is what I would do;

5 into helmet branch - the anti-knock back is good for riding a beefalo;

1 into fighting words - for the slowly generating inspiration;

1 for the song box - because I like it and I can carry the same song to spam fighting words;

1 for planar defense - synergizing with the helmet

and the remaining three depends on the situation, most likely the shield.