[Game Update] - 585956

• Lunar Flame can no longer be channeled while mounted.

Gotta be the biggest nerf, willow felt so good on a beefalo and now she can't use her strongest spell on one, making beef combat so much more mid as her.. I'm glad beefalo's are being recognized for being OP, but I don't think this is the right approach. 

• Like 4

Yes, I do hope something can be done about the lack of spreading fires.
The Lighter does such a good job at stopping them, let me have my spreading fires back if I want to invest in things like longer burn times and higher fire damage! 

• Like 11

Thanks for addressing these issues. Especially smoldering Charcoal from Fire Pits and Patch Up skills fixes are really nice to see!

I have some further questions:

• What about some improved contrast changes for Willow's Casts' Icons?
    (maybe even more distinguishable/intuitive images?)
  • Could Burning Frenzy get some sort of QoL upgrade?
    (Ignite targets for 1 Ember when active? make it longer for higher cost? make it a toggle, consuming 1 Ember per 15 seconds? make it refresh flame on targets hit?)
  • Why does Fire Fighter increase damage of Flame Cast and Combustion only?
    Are Willow's Lighter, Torch, Fire Dart and Fire Staff not considered Willow's fire? I think at least Willow's Lighter should apply Willow's Fire (hence the name?).
    I want to also mention the Scalemail, it still applies just generic fire, not affected by Controlled Burning, Burn Duration, nor Fire Fighter. I get it's a boss drop and an armor applying fire passively, but I don't see how this is much different from Fire Darts or Fire Staves, which are affected by Controlled Burning and Burn Duration (but not Fire Fighter for some reason...).
  • Could Brighter Lighter skills increase Lighter's range of Absorbing Fires and Collecting Embers?
    These are niche skills, they could get some small perks for better gameplay. and would work well with other skills in Lighter part.
  • Could Combustion target passive mobs like Pigmen?
    For now it doesn't even target them when they're hostile to Willow, so maybe that's not intended?
  • Could Shadow/Lunar Fire-Riser skills get on the same level of power?
    For now I see little reason to take Shadow Affinity skills other than more damage and defense to Lunar Aligned enemies. Though maybe it's more lore-accurate for Willow. She would rather ally with Lunar power than those pesky Shadows that chased har all her dark childhood...
    I believe these spells could cost a little more Embers and be able to yield Embers upon killing the target (after all are they Fires or not?!).
    Shadow Fire is just unreliable. It doesn't feel good to see 2 tendrils just fly away to Ohio when you summon them to seek your enemies, which are a couple of meters away and hitting you in the face.
    Lunar Fire feels really cool to use and it works well on groups of enemies targeting Bernie.
  • Could Burning Bernie be set on fire with Flame Cast similarly to how he can be set on fire with Combustion?
    I was actually surprised Combustion works while no other skill affects Bernie in any way. Flame Cast is one I thought would for sure...
  • Could Burning Bernie be affected by Burn Duration and Fire Fighter skills?
    I feel like that would be an intended combination of skills to make better use of an ultimate skill for Willow who hasn't defeated AFW or CC. Or Even a summoner Willow build I guess? With Shadow/Lunar Bernie on top of that.
  • Could requirement for Burning Bernie be lowered to 6 Bernie Skills?
    With Fire-Raiser requiring 7 Lighter skills you still cannot take Both Bernie Ultimates and a Fire-Raiser, so locking Burning Bernie behind 8 Bernie skills seems like an unnecessary overkill. You should encourage players to take Bernie skills for their own benefits, not artificially force them to waste points on redundant skills like Accelerant or Hot-Headed.
    (I personally wouldn't mind Fire-Raiser requirement also dropping to 6 Lighter skills, it's not like Burning Bernie is that powerfull...)
    Again, it's great you made a cool skill like Burning Bernie, it would be a shame for it not to be used because of excessively high requirements.
    I for example feel somewhat bad not being able to take both fire and lighter upgrades if I want Shadow/Lunar Bernie as well, which is good design. I never missed Accelerant or Hot-Headed though.
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, ShakerGER said:

I still don't quite get why willows skilltree makes her weaker by not spreading fire making ember farming basically impossible.

26 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Yes, I do hope something can be done about the lack of spreading fires.
The Lighter does such a good job at stopping them, let me have my spreading fires back if I want to invest in things like longer burn times and higher fire damage! 

I think I saw someone suggest before that the lighter starts controlled fires, but torches start regular fires, and I think that could work.

• Like 2

Although, people may not want to waste inventory slots carrying the lighter and something else around at once.

Someone else suggested that lighting something on fire while it's already on fire could turn the controlled fire into a normal fire; could that work?

25 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I think I saw someone suggest before that the lighter starts controlled fires, but torches start regular fires, and I think that could work.

21 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Although, people may not want to waste inventory slots carrying the lighter and something else around at once.

Personally, I'd either want them to have it only affect mobs, since they panic, or make it so you can 'light' an existing fire to make it wild. I'd rather not hold both a torch and a lighter!

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

About willow some suggestions:

- Please buff nightmare flames as they are underwhelming still compared to lunar. It should be a HUGE damage with auto aim spell that destroys every minion or low hp mob around but has a high cooldown (higher than lunar flames) and high ember cost. Perhaps they should stay in the area targeting enemies for longer before despawning.

- Lunar flames should probably work as an actual “embers-thrower” that is, it costs only 3 embers to start casting (for only a second) then it starts channeling the power at a cost of embers/second. After using it then you get a cooldown. This could be balanced to be a much more expensive spell to upkeep, instead of just cooldown limited.

- For each piece of post rift armor and weapon you wear, the cooldown and embers cost of the matching affinity power will be reduced.

- Using both affinities ultimate powers when mounted would open more gameplay strategies don’t lock that out please.

- Unpopular opinion maybe but Willow should probably have a limit of the amount of embers she carries at any given time. I don’t know how this could be implemented to make sense though, maybe after collecting 80 embers she will start complaining about her inventory getting too hot even for her to handle and she will start ticking damage per every ember after 81 you hold. The more embers the more damage per second, with 85+ being a lot of damage. Up to 80 (2 stacks) she would be fine though.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 2

I don't want a cap, especially if you can't have it make sense thematically; if there HAS to be one, my thematic suggestion would be her lighter being too full to absorb anymore embers, and please no penalty for attempting to exceed the limit, just make it so nothing happens. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

I don't want a cap, especially if you can't have it make sense thematically; if there HAS to be one, my thematic suggestion would be her lighter being too full to absorb anymore embers, and please no penalty for attempting to exceed the limit, just make it so nothing happens. 

personally I'd take a cap over a cooldown. The cooldown doesn't feel great and even with a cap of 40 you'd be able to cast your most powerful spell 8 times before burning out which is more than enough  to body everything around you, but yes i'd rather not have a negative attached to it like damage or what wortox does.

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

11 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Yeah, don't turn her into Wortox if she already has a very similar mechanic. The cooldown is there to avoid a spam fest. Could the skills have been more exciting overall? Most certainly. Not sure where to take it from here. In general it feels like slightly underpowered is better than slightly overpowered in this game considering how frequently different shenanigans get added.

53 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

The cooldown is there to avoid a spam fest

that was the only good thing about shadow fire and 20 seconds is too much for lunar fire and removed some fun strats that worked before cooldown was added 

@DiogoW
Caro Linel, algumas observações sobre o Beta da Willow:

- O custo de utilização do Berni Super Sayajin tá bem caro demandando 8 pontos. Inclusive faltam pontos caso queira combar com a Willow atacando e recebendo os buffs associados aos ataques de fogo. A sugestão seria exigir 6 pontos para o uso da habilidade; Inclusive o dano devolvido pelo Berni é bacana, mas poderia ser tipo uma aura que causa dano em área por proximidade;

- Se for possível criar um item tipo um Ember Holder para armazenar as Embers. O custo das Embers é alto e ter que farmar e logo utilizar é muito fora de mão. O ideal é ter a possibilidade de farmar em quantidade para utilizar de forma confortável quando for para combate. Uma outra possibilidade é permitir armazenar em baús;

- A habilidade de fogo das sombras está com uma IA que faz perder bastantes ataques, existe ainda grande dispersão mesmo enfretando apenas um inimigo;

- O tempo dos itens pegarem fogo quando se derrota um inimigo em chamas poderia ser maior, porque ao utilizar o buff para se beneficiar do inimigo em chamas acaba que fica com pouquíssimo tempo de resposta para extinguir as chamas dos itens que dropam. Esse tempo poderia ser maior;

- O Buff de aumento de dano em criaturas em chamas poderia se aplicar aliados também

Agradeço a atenção por hora, vou testar a Wig para fazer mais sugestões

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Honestly, Battle Rönd needs a hard nerf. I get that it's a capstone ability for Wigfrid, (the bonus damage and increased block time included), but it is currently better than the Shield of Terror, making the Twins battle obsolete. It does as much damage as the SoT, it blocks as much damage, and with the increased block time and the damage bonus after blocking, it becomes so much easier to use, both defensively and offensively, than the SoT.

The only thing the Shield of Terror has going for it over the Rönd is using food to repair it, but even that pales in comparison to the simple fact that the Rönd is, quite frankly, not very expensive. You don't need to repair the Battle Rönd because you can just produce it en masse within 1-2 days depending on if you spawn within comfortable distance of a beefalo herd and some gold rocks.

Here's my idea for rebalancing the Battle Rönd: Lower its stats. Give it, like, 40% defense, 200 durability (costing 1 dura to block and 2 to attack), and lower the base damage to 34, same as a standard spear, and then let the fact that you have access to an earlygame shield be enough in itself. If 4 gold and 3 Beefalo wool is too expensive after the nerf, make it cheaper. The booster perks to increase the block time and post-block damage can be expanded to include all shields, Shield of Terror included. That will make the SoT still be a worthy upgrade to the Rönd, and let the Rönd be a good early game weapon, maybe one that Wigfrid can create a few of to the other players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filipahped said:

Honestly, Battle Rönd needs a hard nerf. I get that it's a capstone ability for Wigfrid, (the bonus damage and increased block time included), but it is currently better than the Shield of Terror, making the Twins battle obsolete. It does as much damage as the SoT, it blocks as much damage, and with the increased block time and the damage bonus after blocking, it becomes so much easier to use, both defensively and offensively, than the SoT.

The only thing the Shield of Terror has going for it over the Rönd is using food to repair it, but even that pales in comparison to the simple fact that the Rönd is, quite frankly, not very expensive. You don't need to repair the Battle Rönd because you can just produce it en masse within 1-2 days depending on if you spawn within comfortable distance of a beefalo herd and some gold rocks.

Here's my idea for rebalancing the Battle Rönd: Lower its stats. Give it, like, 40% defense, 200 durability (costing 1 dura to block and 2 to attack), and lower the base damage to 34, same as a standard spear, and then let the fact that you have access to an earlygame shield be enough in itself. If 4 gold and 3 Beefalo wool is too expensive after the nerf, make it cheaper. The booster perks to increase the block time and post-block damage can be expanded to include all shields, Shield of Terror included. That will make the SoT still be a worthy upgrade to the Rönd, and let the Rönd be a good early game weapon, maybe one that Wigfrid can create a few of to the other players.

if it'll do less damage than a ham bat and will go on cooldown if you swap to it from something preventing people from blocking, swapping to something that deals more damage, swapping to the shield and repeating, it'll be obsolete in comparison to even the spear wigfrid starts with        

Edited by grm9
  • Like 4

Willow Skill Tree

Shadow Fire: Needs to be more accuracy and maybe a 6th flame instead of 5

Lunar Flame: Why can't I point the direction while moving

Willow's Fire Damage: should be applied to all fire attacks/spells

Bernie's Regen: should be buffed around 33% more health regen for both skills (another thing you can do is give Willow a Needle and Thread craft that's like a cheap sewing kit for Bernie's only)

Bernie's Hot-Headed: I don't get the value of it since Bernie attack everything Willow attacks, why not give Bernie AoE attack every 3rd attack

Bernie's Acceleration: I think it's bad and should be swapped out for cheaper Bernie craft, like Craft 1: when Bernie dies he drops 1-2 of his ingredients and Craft 2: Bernie requires less beard hair and less beefalo hair (so Bernie's craft would be 1 beard hair, 1 beefalo hair, 2 silk)

Burning Bernie: It's not THAT good to require 8 points, it should drop down to 6 points

• Like 5

Was the dedicated server files not updated yet? I've tried hosting a dedicated server on my PC but it ain't showing up on the list.

Edit:
And I'm not sure if it's an oversight, but shouldn't Combustion work on the Wild Pigs, since they are aggro on you? I just tried using against them but they were not targets even though they were definitely trying to murder poor me.

Edited by AmigoInsonia
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

- Lunar flames should probably work as an actual “embers-thrower” that is, it costs only 3 embers to start casting (for only a second) then it starts channeling the power at a cost of embers/second. After using it then you get a cooldown. This could be balanced to be a much more expensive spell to upkeep, instead of just cooldown limited.

The problem if they were to go this route is that many bosses have attacks that cancel you out of the spell. If this were to be added they should make Willow more resilient while casting it, and even then a 20 second cooldown is still far too much