[Game Update] - 585956

35 minutes ago, Trips said:

Honestly, not a bad idea. Even doing 20 damage per hit to a Spider or a Frog is a lot given that they'll be staggered, and I think it's nice toning it down from an autokill AoE option to a more balanced one..

You would probably be faster just killing them with hambat...

Also no one is using lunar flame for spider farm.  That is what combustion is for.  Lunar flame is like taking out grumbles, hounds, shadow monkeys, etc.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

You would probably be faster just killing them with hambat...

Also no one is using lunar flame for spider farm.  That is what combustion is for.  Lunar flame is like taking out grumbles, hounds, shadow monkeys, etc.

mm fair point, it would suck to do less than 50 dmg to stuff like monkeys and grumbles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButterStuffed said:

Rockjaws are now permanently wet. They weren't the last time I checked.

I don't know if this was added this patch or a previous one, but it is appreciated. Perhaps cookie cutters could get the same treatment?

and.................. CraB King?

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • Spooky 1

Well, the increased range of Willow's lighter absorbing things is not what I was expecting. Felt almost indistinguishable from before. I mean I guess I can stand right next to them now as opposed to right on top of them before? Was hoping for something much more substantial. Though, really, just for embers. I don't want to be vacuuming up all my nearby fires usually.

• Like 1

I feel the same way. I was honestly hoping that, by default, embers would go into your inventory when you are very close to them (if they still want them tied to the lighter, then they could make it so that the lighter has to at least be in your inventory for it to happen. Then, just so there isn't a waste of an animation, absorbing with a lighter would collect them at a much larger range. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The shadow fire was alright and lunar flames were overrated. The lunar flames have less dps than a dark sword.

Thing is darkswords cant crowd control, but i understand your point here.

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I agree the cooldown is too much, should be like 4 seconds or something for shadow, 8 for lunar.

Hard agree. The skills should be both not spammable but also not so slow that you would never use them

• Like 4

Good changes klei.

a cooldown on willow's spells can make their use more tactical, instead of a mindless spam.

warriors' reprise is fine, but i'd prefere to see it as a last stand of dead characters.

it should cost around 60 inspiration or less and revive other characters for a short period but it now gives them buffs in combat.

Battle rond has become way way better than the shield of chtulu, i don't know but i think the shield need something more or the rond needs tweaking.

make embers not drop from bees and rabbits too please!

I don't get why people are now complaining about willow's nerfs when they wanted them to be tuned down.. 

• Like 1

People fooled by youtubers were the ones complaining; people who actually play the game weren't. 

Even if people who knew what they were talking about wanted certain things to be nerfed, I feel they were thinking along the lines of tweaking numbers, not cramming in a mechanic that didn't really belong there in the first place. 

Edited by Reecitz
  • Like 2

Just now, Sacco said:

just kill bees/spiders and the job is done

sure, omw of killing 40 to """"spam"""" it less than 8 times because i also want to use the other spells

by the time you have farmed that many embers you could just kill normally whatever you want to kill

is strong aoe atack but that is it ans they could change how the damage is done or remove the stunlock so isnt a 1click holocaust spell for crowd control. Abi has a damage formula that makes her deal less damage per enemy the more enemies she is hitting. The spell has less dps than dark sword for single target

• Like 5

1 minute ago, arubaro said:

sure, omw of killing 40 to """"spam"""" it less than 8 times because i also want to use the other spells

by the time you have farmed that many embers you could just kill normally whatever you want to kill

is strong aoe atack but that is it ans they could change how the damage is done or remove the stunlock so isnt a 1click holocaust spell for crowd control. Abi has a damage formula that makes her deal less damage per enemy the more enemies she is hitting. The spell has less dps than dark sword for single target

yes you can kill whatever you wsnt in the meanwhile.l, but you won't need any prep for the fight.

just embers

10 minutes ago, Sacco said:

just kill bees/spiders and the job is done

How long did it take you to farm up 40 embers doing this?

Or did you not actually do this?

b/c I think people overestimate how easy it is to amass these.  There is a limit to how many spiders / bees you can get together at once and they have a respawn time.  How often do you kill 40 bees let alone 400 ?

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

How long did it take you to farm up 40 embers doing this?

Or did you not actually do this?

b/c I think people overestimate how easy it is to amass these.  There is a limit to how many spiders / bees you can get together at once and they have a respawn time.  How often do you kill 40 bees let alone 400 ?

just aggro some killer bees and use combustion skill.

they will get destroyed.

• Haha 1

You know what's especially bad? We're likely gonna have to wait another week before we find out if things get better or not. It's especially unfortunate for me, because I feel disappointed and I haven't even gotten to properly participate in the beta due to a lack of controller support, so I'm pretty much doomed to wait just as long AGAIN to hope for a fix.

14 minutes ago, Sacco said:

just aggro some killer bees and use combustion skill.

they will get destroyed.

6 bees in a hive, 4 embers to cast combustion - unless you have good worldgen or set up a farm this is no the dream scenario youtube makes it out to be.

Please play her before talking about her balance.

• Like 15

Thanks Devs for the update, current situation about Willow that I have in mind
- Lunar Fire still cannot damage Lunar-aligned creatures such as Saladmander , Deadly Brightshade, Crab King, etc (should be able to)

• Fixed Willow’s damage resistance and bonus when aligned.

I'm not sure Willow got damage resistance and bonus after aligned, I still got hit full damage from Lunar / Shadow aligned creatures, mind to point out the change/ fix? thanks

Shadow Fire targeting could be improved? example : automatically target any hostile enemy within xx radius, regardless of where the target is, because Shadow Fire launched out from Willow in 5 different directions, if there is only 1 enemy, usually only 2-4 Shadow Fire that will hit the enemy... Unless the enemy is very near Willow, then have chance for all 5 Shadow Fire to hit the enemy;
- This is to make Shadow Fire more fun and rewarding to use, it's kinda demotivating whenever I see 1-3 Shadow Fire tendrils wasted away (which means 1-3 hot embers used for nothing >_<). Comparing with Lunar counterpart, Lunar Fire is also not automatically targeting the enemy, however we can aim and adjust where we want the Lunar Fire to hit, with Shadow Fire, it's uncontrollable and unpredictable.
- Also, Shadow Fire seems to have expiry duration of 5 seconds, which means if 5 seconds passed before the Shadow Fire hit the target, then it will just disappear even if it is halfway chasing enemy... Please refer to video below, hope this can be fixed :(

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

13 hours ago, DiogoW said:
  • Lunar Flame and Shadow Fire now have a cooldown between casts.

The cooldowns aren't it. Especially on the shadowflames, which could pretty much only be better than the lunar flames because of it's fast usage. You already have to collect lots of embers and the casting animations can put you in danger, so the cooldowns don't make too much sense, they should at least be way shorter. They also already had a high ember cost, so spamming them would require you to farm lots of embers, which is a good limitation, as you'll be able to do it but not easily and without spending quite some time. And also I think the lunar flames should be aimable and the shadowflames should get buffed somehow (especially if the cooldowns are kept, which I hope they aren't, at least in the state they are now)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DiogoW said:

• Lunar Flame can no longer be channeled while mounted.
    • Lunar Flame and Shadow Fire now have a cooldown between casts.

I was very excited about the willow skill tree and was trying new strategies with her new spells. These changes were kinda dissapointing and unnecessary in my opinion

The shadow flames were underwhelming to begin with, and the lunar flames were niche at best. Spaming them was already not a good idea because each cast takes 5 embers, slows you down, and deals less damage than a dark sword. The only thing these changes accomplish is making those niche uses not worth it

I was practicing a new fuelweaver strategy where you used the lunar flames to kill the woven shadows. Now this is simply too risky, and Willow has to stock up on weather pains just like Wilson. Same with dragonfly, where I was using the flames to kill the lavae instead of building a wall like every other character.

I think the changes should be reverted, but if not, the 20 second cooldown is way overtuned. Maybe lower it to 5 seconds, or make each cast last for longer, or allow you to aim with the mouse so you can get more value with each cast.

To add insult to injury, why can't I cast lunar flames on a beefalo? It was already annoying having to dismount every time I wanted to obtain embers, now using a combat beefalo as willow is useless.

Hope this feedback is considered, because I was starting to become a Willow main.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sacco said:

yes you can kill whatever you wsnt in the meanwhile.l, but you won't need any prep for the fight.

just embers

- you need to prepare embers

- you dont need any preparation for the fight

do you see the nonsense?

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Spool 1

The nerf on willow fire is understandable but 20s and 14s is just too much. Imagine u have to farm ember for days then cant even spend it as you want.  the thing that willow's flame can do is really much similar to wendy and abigail. 350/ 20s= 17.5 per second not to include the dmg lost when casting the flame. While abigail deal 15-40 dmg per second and give wendy dmg buff.

Also, we need Bernie deactivation, its so annoyed when he get caught in unnecessary and stuck behide and willow can lose bernie in the middle of nowhere

• Like 1