[Game Update] - 585956

10 minutes ago, arubaro said:

why not making the moon flame damage be: 10+(~10% enemy's health capped at 40)??

Yeah no.  I would rather a 60 second cd then damage nerf.  Right now you can justify using it.  If it did less damage it would become pretty worthless.

• Like 3
  • Health 1

I'd almost rather the ember cost have gone up than a cooldown. its going to make it take longer to burn through the embers, but i get it with enough prep she could get out of hand. However did they fix the friendly fire on lunar flamethrower?

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Some tasteful balance changes to Willow. I'd say divide those cooldowns in half and you're good. Spamming them did not look good but they are expensive so I think we're almost there. Plus we've also had insignificant creatures not drop embers. Still hoping for some Bernie tweaks but I'm assuming the ability to repair and make more of him will keep a cap on them. Just give me some more control please? Looking forward to seeing the new lighter absorption range.

Really not sure how I feel about Wigfrid's tree overall so I'll refrain from commenting on it.

• Like 2

I know someone probably mentioned this already but.. Are we gonna tackle the skin Bernie has that turns him into Ashley?
Right now BERNIE! overlaps the old Ashley texture, albeit you can still see it if you spam the sweeper on BERNIE!

I dunno i just figured it'd be nice to have a shadow or lunar Ashley aswell.

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Cool down added with no indicator?  Bad news.  Really why not just cap her at 1 stack of embers and no cd?  Spam the spell but run out of juice seems like a fine scenario to me.  Aside from lunar hitting groups their dps isn't crazy anyway.  Then we don't have to worry about the "nerf willow" memes because someone c_give 800 embers and solo a landlocked boss with a spell...

This 100%. It will make you think about how you spend the embers without being able to spam the strong ones.They could even make her explode like a fire nuke if she over caps similar to Wartox.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

14 minutes ago, Drieuq said:

I know someone probably mentioned this already but.. Are we gonna tackle the skin Bernie has that turns him into Ashley?

Yes, they've confirmed that Ashley is getting skins once in the past and as the note here.

2 hours ago, DiogoW said:

Further skin support for BERNIE! will be added later.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

Willow's spells have no controller support. Fireball and flame cast both cast directly at her feet. Dual stick aiming like Maxwell would be nice.

Wigfrid's shield and spear ability would feel better on controller if their activation were on the attack button and not on the bottom button or could be cancelled out of via attack. It would also be nice to be able to aim them while activating them with dual stick, but understandable if not.

Also I am not sure if this is a controller exclusive problem, but shadow flames and combustion are still causing crashes.

Edited by Soul7k
  • Like 6

Nice to see another Controller Andy here.

I was thinking of possible suggestions to make using these abilities feel better on controller, but I'm not sure if that would cause problems or if they would even be worth considering. 

For Burning Frenzy I think it would be better to make it last longer for a higher cost.

If the fight lasts only 30 seconds you usually won't need to cast the spell, if it lasts longer you'll waste relatively a lot of time just to cast the spell, renew the flame on your target and go back to fightng.

With how easy Embers are to get, even 4-5 Embers for 60 seconds is a good trade (and I wouldn't mind even 10 Embers for 2.5 minutes).

Also a great QoL change would be to make Burnning Frenzy ignite your target with any melee weapon (maybe make it consume 1 additional Hot Ember per Ignition, so it's convenient for boss fights and less efficient against groups of mobs, inticing the use of Spontaneous Combustion).

• Like 1
  • Health 1

24 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Nice to see another Controller Andy here.

I was thinking of possible suggestions to make using these abilities feel better on controller, but I'm not sure if that would cause problems or if they would even be worth considering. 

Maxwell already has dual stick aiming on his spells. wouldn't be too much of a stretch to transfer it over to Willow

Edited by Soul7k
  • Like 2

Klei. Please. Do not deny me the Winters Feast menu music this year. Last year, Wolfgang took it away from me due to his rework. Please let the winters feast menu music be in the game again.

Edit: And please make the new menu screen with Wigfrid and Willow a Vignette. Its so amazing!!!

Edited by SlotMachineGun7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, LuneCaptor said:

I think I'm being part of the "community asks for a change then asks for it to be undone" mob but, really, I don't think Warrior's Reprise was due a nerf. It was never really that strong to begin with...
For it to be "super strong" you'd need to revive a ton of allies, which isn't feasible on the average playthrough: People are amazed by how she could resurrect an endless amount of nearby ghosts; They fail to recognize the scarcity of such situations where, first of all, there needs to be a huge amount of players and, additionally, they must all die. 

Them needing to die was a big deal: You'd rarely be in a fight where everyone except you dies, only to die again and again so Wigfrid could abuse her "overpowered" resurrection, noone dies that often. If someone will die during a boss-fight only to be resurrected and die again, they're severely under-geared for it. Warrior's Reprise could never boost a strong team's efficiency to their potential, all it was capable of was allowing the Wigfrid to 'carry' a group of low-skilled players.

The nerf wasn't really deserved, it was fine before (outside of ridiculously specific hypothetical scenarios). Maybe the resurrection nerf wasn't a big deal (as I said, there won't be that many dead people for you to resurrect), so it's fine; The inspiration nerf was overkill - even with the skill for instant use songs not to cost inspiration (which, as of right now, is necessary for it to even be usable, which shouldn't be the case) you require high amounts of inspiration to even use it once.

Personally I still feel the nerf was deserved as the only reason given is still that it shouldn't be limited because people are unlikely to die which I don't think is a good enough reason but how about instead have them keep the current nerf but add a 6 second invincibility period for Wigfrid and the people revived so they can gather their items and get back in the fight.

Combustion still crashes my game. We are fighting bee queen (me Willow, friend Wigfrid) and although it doesn't crash instantly, it does after a few seconds.

EDIT: It's not just combustion. Any time I try to use fire to attack it crashes. This is the error I got from my friend's server log

[00:08:23]: [string "scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua"]:299: attempt to index field 'fx' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua:299 in (method) OnFrenzyKilled (Lua) <298-301>
   inst = 123416 - willow_frenzy (valid:true)
scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua:305 in (method) Kill (Lua) <303-306>
   inst = 123416 - willow_frenzy (valid:true)
scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:881 in (field) ondetachedfn (Lua) <875-886>
   inst = 123415 - buff_firefrenzy (valid:true)
   target = 121306 - willow (valid:true)
scripts/components/debuff.lua:49 in (method) OnDetach (Lua) <44-51>
   self =
      inst = 123415 - buff_firefrenzy (valid:true)
      ondetachedfn = function - scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:875
      onextendedfn = function - scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:888
      onattachedfn = function - scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:855
      keepondespawn = true
   target = 121306 - willow (valid:true)
scripts/components/debuffable.lua:119 in (method) RemoveDebuff (Lua) <110-124>
   self =
      debuffs = table: 0000000037005C00
      inst = 121306 - willow (valid:true)
      followoffset = (0.00, -200.00, 0.00)
      followsymbol = headbase
      _ = table: 0000000037006970
   name = buff_firefrenzy
   debuff = table: 000000003E000ED0
scripts/entityscript.lua:1950 in (method) RemoveDebuff (Lua) <1946-1951>
   self (valid:true) =
      _PostActivateHandshakeState_Client = 0
      EnableLoadingProtection = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1021
      inlimbo = false
      GetMoistureRateScale = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:254
      SetCameraDistance = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1452
      ScreenFlash = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1514
      skeleton_prefab = skeleton_player
      player_classified = 121307 - player_classified (valid:true)
      playercolour = table: 0000000037016FA0
      MakeGenericCommander = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common_extensions.lua:818
      IsOverheating = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:224
      IsActing = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common_extensions.lua:859
      Light = Light (00000000176BEDC0)
      _isrezattuned = false
      OnRemoveEntity = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1062
      pendingtasks = table: 0000000037D49CA0
      ShowHUD = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1424
      ResetMinimapOffset = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1436
      sg = sg="wilson", state="run_start", time=0.03, tags = "moving,running,canrotate,autopredict,"
      IsHUDVisible = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1414
      ApplyScale = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1531
      battlesong_fx_task = PERIODIC 124538: 4.676727
      SetGhostMode = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:876
      ShowActions = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1418
      battlesong_count = 2
      OnWakeUp = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1282
      IsInAnyStormOrCloud = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:275
      entity = Entity (000000004DAC3980)
      killtask = PERIODIC 121306: 3.000000
      SaveForReroll = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1605
      event_listening = table: 0000000037D49C00
      _onentitydroplootfn = function - scripts/prefabs/willow.lua:107
      actioncomponents = table: 0000000037D488F0
      DynamicShadow = DynamicShadow (00000000176BEEB0)
      lower_components_shadow = table: 0000000037D48FD0
      SwapAllCharacteristics = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:2015
      OnPostActivateHandshake_Server = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common_extensions.lua:893
      inherentactions = table: 000000003700B600
      _lunarportalmax = table: 0000000037D32460
      CanUseTouchStone = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:194
      updatecomponents = table: 0000000037D4E070
      YOTB_issetunlocked = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:85
      ShakeCamera = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:1472
      OnDespawn = function - scripts
[00:08:23]: [string "scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua"]:299: attempt to index field 'fx' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua:299 in (method) OnFrenzyKilled (Lua) <298-301>
    scripts/prefabs/willow_flame_fx.lua:305 in (method) Kill (Lua) <303-306>
    scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:881 in (field) ondetachedfn (Lua) <875-886>
    scripts/components/debuff.lua:49 in (method) OnDetach (Lua) <44-51>
    scripts/components/debuffable.lua:119 in (method) RemoveDebuff (Lua) <110-124>
    scripts/entityscript.lua:1950 in (method) RemoveDebuff (Lua) <1946-1951>
    scripts/components/debuff.lua:30 in (method) Stop (Lua) <28-32>
    scripts/prefabs/willow_ember.lua:852 in (field) fn (Lua) <851-853>
    scripts/scheduler.lua:186 in (method) OnTick (Lua) <164-216>
    scripts/scheduler.lua:409 in (global) RunScheduler (Lua) <407-415>
    scripts/update.lua:240 in () ? (Lua) <224-298>

Edited by Meebas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Yeah no.  I would rather a 60 second cd then damage nerf.  Right now you can justify using it.  If it did less damage it would become pretty worthless.

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

why not making the moon flame damage be: 10+(~10% enemy's health capped at 40)??

Honestly, not a bad idea. Even doing 20 damage per hit to a Spider or a Frog is a lot given that they'll be staggered, and I think it's nice toning it down from an autokill AoE option to a more balanced one..

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

4 hours ago, DiogoW said:

Changes

• Whirlportals will now stay open for half of a day.
  • Bootleg will now show where the boot will land and the Whirlportal exit on the map.
  • Added new sounds for activating Lunar and Shadow Allegiance skills.
  • Skins for Battle Spear and Battle Helm may be applied to the Commander’s Helm and Elding Spear.
    • Further skin support for BERNIE! will be added later.

• Frostjaw changes:
    • Bootleg Getaway is no longer dropped as loot, but can now be obtained by trading Fish with Frostjaw after defeating them.  This can be done up to 5 times per encounter.
    • Frostjaw is now sleepable.
    • Ice spikes can now be mined in one hit when using stronger tools (e.g. Pick/Axe, Brightshade Smasher)
    • Added more ice FX and sounds.
    • Added speech lines.

• Willow skill tree changes:
    • Willow skills now consider all Hot Embers in the inventory, not just the stack in use.
    • Increased the range Willow’s lighter will absorb fire, smolders and embers.
    • Willow’s Combustion skill will activate Burning Burnie.
    • Lunar Flame can no longer be channeled while mounted.
    • Lunar Flame and Shadow Fire now have a cooldown between casts.
      • UI support will be added later.

• Wigfrid skill tree changes:
    • Renamed the Lightning Spear to Elding Spear.
    • Increased the speed provided by the Battle Saddle.
    • Battle Rönd: Increased the cooldown reduction when successfully blocking an attack.
    • Battle Rönd: decreased durability loss when attacking.
    • Battle Rönd Enhancement II: now does damage based on the damage blocked.
    • Warrior's Reprise: revive up to 2 players now. Requires more inspiration to use.
    • Fighting Words: decreased Battle Calls cooldown time.
    • Elding Spear Enhancement II: increased Charged Elding Spear durability. Its special ability now repairs it slightly more.
    • Elding Spear Enhancement I: decreased the cooldown for the Charged Elding Spear.
    • Dark Lament / Enlightened Lullaby: now provide more defense against Shadow / Lunar aligned enemies, respectively

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash when using Willow's Combustion skill.
  • Fixed Willow’s Burning Frenzy skill effect not working properly.
  • Fixed some Giants dropping less Hot Embers that they should.
  • Fixed Willow’s Flame Cast skill lighting campfires/fire pits indefinitely.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s Battle Rönd Enhancement II skill not working properly.
  • Fixed Commander's Helm losing its knockback resistance after being unequipped for the first time.
  • Fixed Sawhorse Crafting Icon's color filter.
  • Fixed Cannonballs being able to kill creatures inside containers.
  • Fixed Bernie’s Patch Up skill’s regeneration not working outside of combat.
  • Fixed Willow’s damage resistance and bonus when aligned.
  • Fixed animation bug when Willow starts absorbing with her Lighter.
  • Added missing footstep sounds while absorbing with her Lighter.
  • Added missing Fire Ball inspection strings.
  • Fixed Wigfrid keeping the Lightning Spear’s special attack visual effect after hitting an electrified Volt Goat.
  • Fixed the Bootleg not using its minimum toss radius.
  • Fixed the Bootleg not unpausing from auto pause when using it from the map.
  • Fixed crash when trying to place/plant something using a controller.
  • Fixed characters other than Willow being able to Absorb Fire using Lighters.
  • Fixed some issues in the Absorb Fire animation, Battle Rönd attacking animation and BERNIE! animations.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s skills not applying to skinned hats.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s skinned spears going invisible.
  • Fixed campfires and fire pits dropping smoldering charcoal if the campfire was lit by Willow having the Controlled Burning skill.
  • Updated BERNIE! scrapbook icon.
  • Ice chunks broken off of the ice arena will now despawn properly while off-screen.
  • Fixed Frostjaw arena not respawning properly.

View full update

20s cooldown for a skill that:

- Fuelweaver can cancel it with three different attacks

- Its range of use you would deal more damage with a dark sword if comparing DPS

- Against bosses you will be hit and if you spam it you will die as they do not suffer stunlock

- in people's minds is strong against hordes in a game there it has Abigail , Maxwell and Woodie making this function 10 times better without suffering any penalty

Like, did you guys really think back then or was it just a roll of numbers using an RPG dice? I still don't understand why you can't use lunar flame on beefalo, since you'll probably take damage from it. And 8 points to have Burning Bernie is too high, it would be more viable to unlock it between 6-7 points (editado)

• Like 6

Sorry if the translation is unclear or incorrect, I will translate it using Google translator. I registered specifically for this message on the forum. I want to speak out about the change in Willow's moon flame. In short: a cooldown exceeding even just one second is already a colossal problem, spoiling all the fun of playing as a real fire witch. With the addition of this talent tree, I discovered a completely new and unique style of play on a character that I had played very little before, namely the style of a true lunar arsonist. The addition of full-fledged fire magic sent me in the direction of mining hot embers in order to achieve a COMPLETE replacement for some basic character abilities and some items, such as Maxwell. He is able to completely entrust certain responsibilities to his puppets, including battles and resource extraction, as well as their transportation. Willow does not have the same flexibility of abilities and ease of use of these same abilities (embers can take up a lot of inventory space). However, I decided to completely replace the use of weapons and the Star Caller staff. From my experience playing the beta, I came to the conclusion that using moonlight is extremely expensive, requiring the player to spend a long time on obtaining consumables. A complete transition to hot embers obliges the player to make not the simplest semi-automatic farms. I have found and adapted only 2 ways to relatively conveniently obtain hot embers, but they have not yet been fully disclosed. These farms partly come into effect only after the 30-40th day of survival, and ideally they begin to work only after the 100th day, that is, using them from the very start is almost impossible. In addition, these farms have a number of restrictions, for example, they operate only during certain seasons. The only really working way to get hot embers RELATEDLY quickly at the beginning of the game is to burn killer bees in special clearings, which can contain a large number of different hives, but since this place with a high degree of probability may not appear on the map, then This method of obtaining embers does not depend on the player in any way, it is only influenced by luck. Using such natural bee clearings, by the 20th day I obtained (distracted by other matters) about 8-9 packs of hot ash. This is a very long period of time for obtaining a resource, provided that the moon flame spends 5 units of ash per use, and when extracting it I must also not be distracted from this process, otherwise there is a risk of accidentally destroying the hives by fire. Previously, this amount of hot ash would have been enough for the Queen Bee and for short-term use for other needs, and later, when I came for new bees, I would have found them in hibernation and this would have been the end of my farming. Why was all this said? A full (or even partial) transition to the lunar (or shadow) flame is EXTREMELY demanding of the player. It is very expensive and requires a clear understanding of the matter, in the eyes of many it is so inconvenient that I personally, watching some speedruns and not only have never seen a player try to defeat a boss with this ability, as a rule, Bernie and brute force are used. In practice, only by making an effort and trying hard can you really use this lunar (or shadow) flame on an ongoing basis, which, I am sure, in the eyes of many is not worth it (after all, hot embers also clog a large number of inventory slots, which only adds reluctance to use such things). The addition of a cooldown timer further worsens an already unpopular (but truly impressive) picture. If this ability is truly unbalanced, then why not turn to the same Maxwell. Her abilities can be made dependent on certain items, without which they will only work at half strength, and if they are present, the damage will be returned in the form in which it is now, for example, a fire staff in her hands will additionally increase the damage of lunar or shadow flames ( I'm talking only about these abilities, without touching on the others). In this way, you can completely get rid of reloading without giving a powerful (albeit expensive) weapon to annihilate everything from the first minutes of the game. Add to this my words about semi-automatic hot ash farms, which are possible only after the first in-game year of survival, and you get what you need. I am writing this message with a lump in my throat after such a strong weakening. You have a character with absolutely amazing abilities, reflecting them on the entire environment, allowing you to feel the game as a real arsonist. Adding a cooldown to the FIRE skill itself literally kills the desire to continue playing as her. (I methodically extracted so much of it that I could use the flame at least 70 times to spend it literally in a matter of minutes and I’m ready to continue this if everything is returned as it was). And even the prospect of walking with your pockets completely filled with hot embers will not diminish the new pleasure.

• Like 4