[Game Update] - 585956

(I'm sorry for the possible spelling errors; English is not my first language, so I'm counting on the help of the translator.)

Honestly, it's very sad that Willow received this big nerf to her fire spells. The character spent so long being forgotten and even hated because of her sudden fire. In this aspect, it was incredible to have her for a moment as a fire witch, with really interesting abilities in her gameplay. As for her being too powerful, I thought she still didn't hold a candle to characters already established in the game, like Maxwell, Wolfgang, Wigfrid, and in certain aspects, even Woodie and Webber, when facing bosses. Finally, I would think it would be fairer to limit the amount of "embers" that Willow can carry rather than using a long recharge time. Let the character be a fire witch, damn

Edited by iBorges
  • Like 9

With these cool-downs only the most dedicated will employ Willow's special magic tricks for example, since grinding for it defeats its now-much-delayed purpose. Also does she still roasts alive players in co-op, the friendly-fire shenanigan? Jolly good if that's the case, can't wait for pubs when this update hits main branch of the game: got me some Wilsons to roast, very "well done".

Edited by MostMerryTomcat
  • Like 1

Since this is the most active part of the forums, please share your opinions on  the state of the Commander Helm.

I want to make a formal suggestion, but time seems to be running out. I don't have a large enough sample size to refer to. 

I'm not farming likes here, I'm not doing it for reputation, I just want data. Good, bad, middling, hell, you can even go onto the thread and say that the Commander Helm is the single most powerful armor piece and it doesn't deserve to even exist within the known universe, just share your thoughts. Please

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Since this is the most active part of the forums, please share your opinions on  the state of the Commander Helm.

I want to make a formal suggestion, but time seems to be running out. I don't have a large enough sample size to refer to. 

I'm not farming likes here, I'm not doing it for reputation, I just want data. Good, bad, middling, hell, you can even go onto the thread and say that the Commander Helm is the single most powerful armor piece and it doesn't deserve to even exist within the known universe, just share your thoughts. Please

Aight

11 hours ago, iBorges said:

(I'm sorry for the possible spelling errors; English is not my first language, so I'm counting on the help of the translator.)

Honestly, it's very sad that Willow received this big nerf to her fire spells. The character spent so long being forgotten and even hated because of her sudden fire. In this aspect, it was incredible to have her for a moment as a fire witch, with really interesting abilities in her gameplay. As for her being too powerful, I thought she still didn't hold a candle to characters already established in the game, like Maxwell, Wolfgang, Wigfrid, and in certain aspects, even Woodie and Webber, when facing bosses. Finally, I would think it would be fairer to limit the amount of "embers" that Willow can carry rather than using a long recharge time. Let the character be a fire witch, damn

On 12/9/2023 at 5:49 AM, Casador19 said:

Sorry if the translation is unclear or incorrect, I will translate it using Google translator. I registered specifically for this message on the forum. I want to speak out about the change in Willow's moon flame. In short: a cooldown exceeding even just one second is already a colossal problem, spoiling all the fun of playing as a real fire witch. With the addition of this talent tree, I discovered a completely new and unique style of play on a character that I had played very little before, namely the style of a true lunar arsonist. The addition of full-fledged fire magic sent me in the direction of mining hot embers in order to achieve a COMPLETE replacement for some basic character abilities and some items, such as Maxwell. He is able to completely entrust certain responsibilities to his puppets, including battles and resource extraction, as well as their transportation. Willow does not have the same flexibility of abilities and ease of use of these same abilities (embers can take up a lot of inventory space). However, I decided to completely replace the use of weapons and the Star Caller staff. From my experience playing the beta, I came to the conclusion that using moonlight is extremely expensive, requiring the player to spend a long time on obtaining consumables. A complete transition to hot embers obliges the player to make not the simplest semi-automatic farms. I have found and adapted only 2 ways to relatively conveniently obtain hot embers, but they have not yet been fully disclosed. These farms partly come into effect only after the 30-40th day of survival, and ideally they begin to work only after the 100th day, that is, using them from the very start is almost impossible. In addition, these farms have a number of restrictions, for example, they operate only during certain seasons. The only really working way to get hot embers RELATEDLY quickly at the beginning of the game is to burn killer bees in special clearings, which can contain a large number of different hives, but since this place with a high degree of probability may not appear on the map, then This method of obtaining embers does not depend on the player in any way, it is only influenced by luck. Using such natural bee clearings, by the 20th day I obtained (distracted by other matters) about 8-9 packs of hot ash. This is a very long period of time for obtaining a resource, provided that the moon flame spends 5 units of ash per use, and when extracting it I must also not be distracted from this process, otherwise there is a risk of accidentally destroying the hives by fire. Previously, this amount of hot ash would have been enough for the Queen Bee and for short-term use for other needs, and later, when I came for new bees, I would have found them in hibernation and this would have been the end of my farming. Why was all this said? A full (or even partial) transition to the lunar (or shadow) flame is EXTREMELY demanding of the player. It is very expensive and requires a clear understanding of the matter, in the eyes of many it is so inconvenient that I personally, watching some speedruns and not only have never seen a player try to defeat a boss with this ability, as a rule, Bernie and brute force are used. In practice, only by making an effort and trying hard can you really use this lunar (or shadow) flame on an ongoing basis, which, I am sure, in the eyes of many is not worth it (after all, hot embers also clog a large number of inventory slots, which only adds reluctance to use such things). The addition of a cooldown timer further worsens an already unpopular (but truly impressive) picture. If this ability is truly unbalanced, then why not turn to the same Maxwell. Her abilities can be made dependent on certain items, without which they will only work at half strength, and if they are present, the damage will be returned in the form in which it is now, for example, a fire staff in her hands will additionally increase the damage of lunar or shadow flames ( I'm talking only about these abilities, without touching on the others). In this way, you can completely get rid of reloading without giving a powerful (albeit expensive) weapon to annihilate everything from the first minutes of the game. Add to this my words about semi-automatic hot ash farms, which are possible only after the first in-game year of survival, and you get what you need. I am writing this message with a lump in my throat after such a strong weakening. You have a character with absolutely amazing abilities, reflecting them on the entire environment, allowing you to feel the game as a real arsonist. Adding a cooldown to the FIRE skill itself literally kills the desire to continue playing as her. (I methodically extracted so much of it that I could use the flame at least 70 times to spend it literally in a matter of minutes and I’m ready to continue this if everything is returned as it was). And even the prospect of walking with your pockets completely filled with hot embers will not diminish the new pleasure.

The cooldown time for the moon (shadow) flame really kills the "fire witch" in Willow. But limiting the number of embers will also negate her fiery potential, because for one cast of lunar (shadow) flame she will spend 5 embers (that is, only 8 castes for one full stack of embers). If you use fire abilities at any more or less convenient occasion, then with the old cooldown entire stacks of these embers would disappear in an instant, and if now we add a limit on their quantity, then something awkward will come out that can first reveal itself in all its fiery beauty, and then immediately turn into old Willow, only capable of hitting spiders with a meat bat. This is not an option. As an alternative, I am attaching my previous post to this message, in which I already wrote my suggestions and views.

• Like 2