[Game Update] - 576123

17 hours ago, V2C said:
  •  
  • Glommer is now lunar aligned.

Success. 

Now how about Wormwood being immune to lunar hail when in full bloom (possibly add it to that shade plant skill).

Edited by SpookyXy
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

40 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

That's why it would be on the storm if you don't want your base damaged you hammer the statues and make the storm go away so it's kind of a trade off. Like you want lunar storms you also have to deal with glass rain, if you don't want glass rain it also takes the storm also it would make sense that glass rain would form when there is a storm that summons charged glass with lightnings

Yeah but I don’t think it’s good to just have an event that damages bases. I love the idea of the glass rain thematically so if they just get rid of mob and structure damage and make the Brightshade helm or even the umbrella make immune to the hail I’d have no problems.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lunararoma said:

Could you please raise the temperature from 1 degree to 4 degrees for Ice crystaleyezer? -10 degrees is too low for practical use. Instead, could you make a temperature that's freezing like an "WX-78's ice circuit" but doesn't affect health? I'm a Mega Base user, and I'm tired of managing ice flingomatics or living in caves or the Oasis Desert in the Summer for Wildfires. I'd like to use this as an alternative for wildfires. Furthermore, in the Summer, "thermal stones" do not heat up (I think it's a known bug or something), so utility of the Ice crystaleyezers is very limited.

And when there are many structures like Ocuvigil that brighten the field of vision, it causes lag on the server, so we can't build too many like Ice Crystaleyezers on the server. Therefore, the field of vision function of the Ice Crystaleyezers doesn't seem suitable.

I don't expect something like an Above-Average Tree Trunk for ground, please just adjust the Ice Crystaleyezers.

It's functions largely rely on setting local temp to -10 ℃. If this would be changed, features like -25% rotting speed and completely cease moisture vaporizing in the farms will disappear.

• Like 4

Little suggestion. I think the color of the Lunar Rift light when it appears should be blue to match the theme, just like the Shadow Rift light is red.

(I couldn't find a screenshot of the lunar, but currently it is white)

image.png.03562ef8bc422dcf2ab6075a77b51447.png
  • Like 3

• Developer

Hey guys, just a quick update, since not a lot of the rebalancing work made it into Friday's hotfix may have left you wondering.  The boss fights, W.A.R.B.I.S. gear, and Lunar Hail are all being worked on.  We do want to keep the damage from Lunar Hail, and are trying out adding new sheltering behavior for creatures.  Also, if there are things that aren't currently working with the existing shelters like the canopies, please let us know in the bug tracker.

Our team's schedule has been pretty wonky these weeks, and believe it or not, we're on another long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving XD

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 3
  • Big Ups 2

13 minutes ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, just a quick update, since not a lot of the rebalancing work made it into Friday's hotfix may have left you wondering.  The boss fights, W.A.R.B.I.S. gear, and Lunar Hail are all being worked on.  We do want to keep the damage from Lunar Hail, and are trying out adding new sheltering behavior for creatures.  Also, if there are things that aren't currently working with the existing shelters like the canopies, please let us know in the bug tracker.

I wanna give a quick comment to say that I genuinely appreciate that the team is properly addressing the concerns people have with the update and letting people know ahead of time that you are aware of said concerns and are working on them. It does mean a lot to me (and I imagine many others) that our concerns of the new content are being heard and are actively trying to be worked on to the best of your ability. It is very reassuring!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Our team's schedule has been pretty wonky these weeks, and believe it or not, we're on another long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving XD

appreciate this post talking about the progression of future updates

is really worth it programming an entire new behaviour on every mob instead of treating hail like acid rain? because i dont really get why acid rain doesnt damage mobs but hail does, damaging mobs would be more useful in caves since there are ruins and high hp bosses...

happy Thanksgiving for the team :)

edit. forgot to add that the idea is really nice and would give immersion. Is just that idk how difficult and trusty would be to be worth taking in count the ammount of stuff that still WIP

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

appreciate this post talking about the progression of future updates

is really worth it programming an entire new behaviour on every mob instead of treating hail like acid rain? because i dont really get why acid rain doesnt damage mobs but hail does, damaging mobs would be more useful in caves since there are ruins and high hp bosses...

happy Thanksgiving for the team :)

edit. forgot to add that the idea is really nice and would give immersion. Is just that idk how difficult and trusty would be to be worth taking in count the ammount of stuff that still WIP

I'm guessing it's to force mobs to their lunar states when they die to hail at least that's my guess so far we just don't have their lunar forms yet.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

30 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm guessing it's to force mobs to their lunar states when they die to hail at least that's my guess so far we just don't have their lunar forms yet.

If that's the case, they should can the hail till they introduce more lunar variants for creatures.  

• Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Does she? didn't they say on stream that it doesn't count

The quest counts, but it's not supposed to be hard locked/required to get her Pearl.

Getting chairs isn't going to impede Rift progression, basically. 

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Okay, also, I just needed to say I'm absolutely in love with the fact that you're giving feedback after these hotfixes. Keeping up with the community and sharing your thoughts is the best, it quenches a LOT of questions floating around! I sort of hope this can be a continuous fixture going forward, aha

• Like 10

4 hours ago, V2C said:

We do want to keep the damage from Lunar Hail, and are trying out adding new sheltering behavior for creatures.  Also, if there are things that aren't currently working with the existing shelters like the canopies, please let us know in the bug tracker.

Please, please add a world setting allowing us to choose to turn hail off completely in this case then. 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Adding a new canopy structure is really cool. Even if the crafting is challenging, I hope this structure can become a Above-average tree trunk for ground. It would be great if it could control not only lunarhail but also wildfires.
Anyway thank you for your feedback. Happy Thanksgiving too! :)

24 minutes ago, lunararoma said:

Adding a new canopy structure is really cool. Even if the crafting is challenging, I hope this structure can become a Above-average tree trunk for ground. It would be great if it could control not only lunarhail but also wildfires.

I wouldn't want this. Above average trees are an incredibly unique and in-depth mechanic that I love a lot, and I'd be very sad if this thing that pushes you towards them resulted in instead simply another cave-pillar styled structure that you place everywhere.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, finn from human said:

I wouldn't want this. Above average trees are an incredibly unique and in-depth mechanic that I love a lot, and I'd be very sad if this thing that pushes you towards them resulted in instead simply another cave-pillar styled structure that you place everywhere.

I also really like Above average tree trunk. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not only suggesting moving the trunk to the ground. I welcome the mention of canopy structures and the possibility of such structures coming into existence.

Why can we block cave earthquakes but not wildfires? I hope that mega-base players can have a control over wildfires, even if it comes at a high cost in the endgame.

Edited by lunararoma

12 hours ago, V2C said:

The boss fights, W.A.R.B.I.S. gear, and Lunar Hail are all being worked on.

I don't see many people say this but I'd love if Crystal Deerclops had at least one more attack, it feels like it needs just a bit more variety

On 10/7/2023 at 4:53 AM, july401 said:

Is that means the first year 1 Spark Ark. After that, the second year you could get at most 3+1 Arks? 

in theory you can knock out quite a large number in 1 winter, all you need is to find a few Vargs and create enemy missiles to summon a Deerclops

Regarding the hail, I saw that there is a problem, the solution is quite simple, just add a wooden craft that can be made at the new decoration station, since it is made of wood, it can catch fire, plus it can protect not only from hail, but also from rain or at least slow it down a little, the design is to make something that looks like a carnival tree that will protect in a radius of 1 cell around.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 9:20 PM, Fufuji said:

It's functions largely rely on setting local temp to -10 ℃. If this would be changed, features like -25% rotting speed and completely cease moisture vaporizing in the farms will disappear.

wait, so plots near that thing stay full watered as long as it works?

• Like 1