[Game Update] - 576123

Nice! Other than the hail damaging mobs and structures (if you have plans for some lunar geckos or something that can’t fit in this update it would be amazing if you could make them immune until the solution) This is great! (Also if you could make friendly fruit files immune to hail that would be great)

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

Could you please raise the temperature from 1 degree to 4 degrees for Ice crystaleyezer? -10 degrees is too low for practical use. Instead, could you make a temperature that's freezing like an "WX-78's ice circuit" but doesn't affect health? I'm a Mega Base user, and I'm tired of managing ice flingomatics or living in caves or the Oasis Desert in the Summer for Wildfires. I'd like to use this as an alternative for wildfires. Furthermore, in the Summer, "thermal stones" do not heat up (I think it's a known bug or something), so utility of the Ice crystaleyezers is very limited.

And when there are many structures like Ocuvigil that brighten the field of vision, it causes lag on the server, so we can't build too many like Ice Crystaleyezers on the server. Therefore, the field of vision function of the Ice Crystaleyezers doesn't seem suitable.

I don't expect something like an Above-Average Tree Trunk for ground, please just adjust the Ice Crystaleyezers.

Edited by lunararoma
  • Like 16

5 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Maybe we’ll be forced to mutate gekkos idk.

but that would only """fix""" the problem for gekkos

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually.. they could just make grass renew itself over time like it does in Endless Mode, and then people wouldn’t need to be so reliant on Grass Geckos, AND if Grass renewed itself they could add new animations into the game such as Beefalo actually grazing and chewing Grass.

Either Way, I’m excited to see what Grass Geckos and Koalephant Lunar Mutations are going to look like.

that doesnt solve anything, people use gekkos because they produce a lot of grass which is needed when you want to make big builds. Nobody is gonna harvest 200 grass tufs and not everybody will rush fuelweaver to get the scythe

there are lureplants but limiting player choice with awful mechanics only makes them drop the game, a game wich income is based on keeping players engange

for this kind of things is important to know about the game before spamming on every topic about balance...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harrowick said:

Great change with the houndius shootius!! Really excited for this update, just wish the sawhorse was more convenient to obtain, but everything else is great!

With hindsight, if pearl just sold the blueprint for bottles that would not be too bad, she is not the issue. (I still would overall prefer it to be on sciencr machine and have new bonus furniture unlocked this way)

The relic chair requirment is absurd...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Further improvements to Lunar Hail performance

Just optimisation, no game mechanics changes? At least give us the world settings to toggle it off?:wilson_curious:

I really don't feel like building all my mob farms under above average trees, it's just too time consuming and design limiting, but I also don't want to disable rifts because of the new boss fights(those are well made, good job!).

• Like 3

Houndius and ark changes are especially amazing. I really like this update but there is still more changes that are kind of needed. 

Some solution for hail hurting mobs, best option would be for hail to just stonlock them and not deal damage.

@lunararoma Idea for Ice crystaleyezer is also very important as currently it won't see much use as you will be forced to leave your base and you might as well not waste time to build this when the outcome is the same to the current "solution" as the players spend the whole summer in caves.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

Just optimisation, no game mechanics changes? At least give us the world settings to toggle it off?:wilson_curious:

In most cases they will note the gameplay changes. If they mention 'performance' it's almost always just optimization.

On that note, there's still plenty of time left in the beta for further changes to be made!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The relic chair requirment is absurd...

is a way to give to pearl more tasks and uses. You can get them pretty early by just killing the horror budy in the ruins and later on finding a bottle in the sea which usually appear pretty soon

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, arubaro said:

You can get them pretty early by just killing the horror budy in the ruins and later on finding a bottle in the sea which usually appear pretty soon

The horror buddy only spawns post fuelweaver...

The metheus puzzle is too hidden. Placing a chair next to pearl would still be a task that gives friendship points. It is all for wooden furniture of all things.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, arubaro said:

is a way to give to pearl more tasks and uses. You can get them pretty early by just killing the horror budy in the ruins and later on finding a bottle in the sea which usually appear pretty soon

The sitting horror is after shadow rifts normally you need to do the chest puzzle in the ruins to get the blueprint also this doesn't count as a quest for pearl iirc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

The sitting horror is after shadow rifts normally you need to do the chest puzzle in the ruins to get the blueprint also this doesn't count as a quest for pearl iirc

since is something you once per world i dont remember it quite well but i think she gives you a bundle of thanks when you build a wooden chair (which now i see that she doesnt need to give you the crafting station recipe for that if they want to change it)

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

She gains a friendship point from it even though she hates the chair.

• Haha 1

I just had a realization. If you haven’t killed fuelweaver the glass hail is just un-fun. You have to wait a minute and a half to play again while you base gets damaged by the hail. If you have any friendly fruit flys or rabbits or any other animals as decorations their dead. Please klei make non player mobs and walls invincible to hail no one likes this and it just punishes the players for not killing a boss. Also please make the Brightshade helm have a hail immunity ability 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

So what do we think about the idea that lunar hail shows up only if you have lunar storms activated after rifts. and maybe charged moon glass can sometimes fall from hail but despawns if you don't pick it up

Hmmm I’m not against it but klei probably has a reason for hail in general plus it would still have the problem of the base and mob damaging 

4 minutes ago, RonanMcQ said:

Hmmm I’m not against it but klei probably has a reason for hail in general plus it would still have the problem of the base and mob damaging 

But honestly I don’t have a problem with the hail they fix it up a bit.

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed some timer issues related to Abandoned Junks and Wagstaff’s hints.

Quick question:

Can your world have multiple Abandoned Junk setpieces? Or does another one only spawn after the existing ones got hammered ?

I got the setpiece for the second time and it spawned next to my base so now I want to use them as decorations. However, I still haven't got the W.A.R.B.I.S helmet blueprint. Am I forced to destroy my precious decoration:apologetic:.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RonanMcQ said:

plus it would still have the problem of the base and mob damaging 

That's why it would be on the storm if you don't want your base damaged you hammer the statues and make the storm go away so it's kind of a trade off. Like you want lunar storms you also have to deal with glass rain, if you don't want glass rain it also takes the storm also it would make sense that glass rain would form when there is a storm that summons charged glass with lightnings

• Like 2