Bearger Hostile Flare

I agree with Glermz idea we need a Bearger Hostile flare.  Waiting once a year for the chance to kill and get the new armor is unacceptable.  One new item once every year.   I don't even what to think how many years I would need to play in game to get all the new items.

2 hours ago, Be2014 said:

I agree with Glermz idea we need a Bearger Hostile flare.  Waiting once a year for the chance to kill and get the new armor is unacceptable.  One new item once every year.   I don't even what to think how many years I would need to play in game to get all the new items.

I mean, you still would get two per year, but its better than not.

We can turn all bosses to "more" (or probably higher on PC? Idk) in world settings already to make their respawn timer much shorter so I personally don't have an issue with the Flare and would love a Honey version for Bearger, I wouldn't really use it much but it'd be neat. Maybe both the Goop Flare and Honey Flare should be locked behind progression or the pseudoscience station or something like that so it can't be abused early game? That is if a ton of players have a problem with it. 

Full confession, I never liked the hostile flare summoning multiple Deerclops.

Monkeys make sense, there's tons out there. 
And it luring alive Mactusk is awesome.

Producing an almost endless amount of Deerclops feels very... awkward? Nonsensical? The Constant is a wonderfully wacky place, but that always felt a bit off.

I'm not sure I'd dig it for Bearger, too. 

On the other hand, I'd absolutely be fine with some other way of making up for the fact that the items are yearly locked. I think they're working on that anyhow, actually.

14 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Producing an almost endless amount of Deerclops feels very... awkward? Nonsensical? The Constant is a wonderfully wacky place, but that always felt a bit off.

On the other hand, I'd absolutely be fine with some other way of making up for the fact that the items are yearly locked. I think they're working on that anyhow, actually.

deerclops isn't guaranteed to spawn. I've burned 5 hostile flares before trying to summon one deerclops. 

There isn't much incentive to spawn that many at one time in most cases

If you're alone, you only need the single spawn. probably two if you insist on making the houndius in year one.

The limitation is according to whoever is playing, and if you're playing in a coordinated group, sometimes rain coat functions just fine, as with full coordination, you have a hub where you have all the necessary resources in one place and you don't yearn that much for a backpack.

I think that hostile flare is a great addition and a life saver for reasons I won't go into, but I love it to the moon and back. Even if you added a hard limit of 2-3 seasonal bosses that could spawn, it would still work for my purposes.

I think a flare should be added for bearger. Even if it costs something as astoundingly expensive as honeycomb.

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

Cant wait for "it breaks inmersion"

Feeling extra spiteful these days huh.

I feel like this will just introduce the same problem when we get whatever the last two seasonal boss's drops are when they get their eventual lunar forms.

I still advocate that drops should just scale to participants as it encourages teamwork and is more friendly to causal players.

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I still advocate that drops should just scale to participants as it encourages teamwork and is more friendly to causal players.

The more players are in the battle the faster the boss is down, that's the advantage. You get the loot easier. Making the drops multiplying just because there were more people is kinda illogical.

The need for more seasonal bosses is so baffling to me. How there's people who reach the end game, which by definition takes a while and requires you to want to stay in your world in the first place, can deal with the wait and fill time in every other way, but when good loot appears they cannot handle finding something else to do for an hour or two.

What is the point in reaching late game, and wanting to get items that give you more free time, if you can't think of anything to do in said free time anyway? 

this doesn't make sense really, in late game it serves as a replacement when your lumberjack dies and in early game it could be used for early backpack upgrade, winter clothes and destroying bases.

Also does Wagstaff remembers how many mutated bosses of each have you killed?

And what's the point if you still have to wait for winter and autumn

5 hours ago, BezKa said:

The need for more seasonal bosses is so baffling to me. How there's people who reach the end game, which by definition takes a while and requires you to want to stay in your world in the first place, can deal with the wait and fill time in every other way, but when good loot appears they cannot handle finding something else to do for an hour or two.

What is the point in reaching late game, and wanting to get items that give you more free time, if you can't think of anything to do in said free time anyway? 

The problem is it isn’t “an hour or two” it’s an entire in game year which is like 8 hours, and the only reason it’s like this is because bearger limited to that one year timer.

9 hours ago, -Variant said:

To add on, it's not exactly thematic for the Hostile Flare either.

Mactusk hunts.

Pirates raid ya'

Deerclops wants to destroy.

Bearger? Bearger just wants to eat! No hostility unless you provoke them back. (Coooooould argue the glommers goop attracts a hungry Bearger I guess, but I dunno)

I'm not against the idea if it's somehow the only way we can fix the "spark ark problem", but it clearly isn't, there's ten other ideas you can come up on the spot for how to improve the situation and Klei's already been working on one. Sitting tight for next patch!

5 hours ago, Green Crystal said:

The more players are in the battle the faster the boss is down, that's the advantage. You get the loot easier. Making the drops multiplying just because there were more people is kinda illogical.

I mean it's a common thing games do in online multiplayer games these days and for good reason saves time and prevents arguments. We're already ignoring logic with the flares so I don't see the problem here as it's the ideal solution to most groups of players which often don't have enough goop to spam for one reason or another.

11 hours ago, -Variant said:

If you are playing with a group of ppl multiple DC is helpful, not only for the eyebrellas but for the Houndius Shootius. 
Now to wait for the Bear to spawn in autumn just to get the drops.

I wouldn't mind more sources for eyes but Hostile Flare is just dumb. If they renamed Deerclops Eyeball into Giant Eyeball and added more ways to obtain it, I wouldn't even complain. Idk just do something like a sacrificial ritual that summons a demonic boss that drops multiple eyeballs (Cult of The Lamb crossover who). Heck, let us refine like 10 Milky Whites into an eyeball. At least the Terraria bosses would still have uses in the late game after the Brightshades set make their armor obsolete.

20 hours ago, -Variant said:

The flair-summoning mechanic is good. But it's thematically improper for boss summoning.

I wish they could implement something like a shrine to be worshipped just like in cult of the lamb?

Shrine fire color will be on once there is a corresponding boss in the world (which disables further worshipping for exploitation)

It can additionally serves as boss existence indicator for the server.

Also boss can have different hp / loot (amount) depending on the number of worshipers.

Anyways, that's just an idea. Flair is just weird.

54 minutes ago, goatt said:

The flair-summoning mechanic is good. But it's thematically improper for boss summoning.

I wish they could implement something like a shrine to be worshipped just like in cult of the lamb?

Shrine fire color will be on once there is a corresponding boss in the world (which disables further worshipping for exploitation)

It can additionally serves as boss existence indicator for the server.

Also boss can have different hp / loot (amount) depending on the number of worshipers.

Anyways, that's just an idea. Flair is just weird.

It’s unique and interesting, but I sadly think a bit too much for DST

Archived