If the beta doesn't come out today maybe they are working on a big update?

2 hours ago, Nnumber3 said:

Yes i went back that far to get this

I've even forgot about that one. Was something done in the spur of the moment, combined with free time and wanting to test some stuff. But mostly was the rant of that particular forumer - too funny to miss the opportunity and "breathe" frame-life into it, heh.

On 9/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, Nnumber3 said:

Think @MostMerryTomcat can do it, he animated something similar over a year ago.

wiLOLson-thoughts.gif.1b4e2eebdb6f8412c01af0df7ad0b062.gif

Source post: DST has lost it's edge. [RANT!] - [Don't Starve Together] General Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums

We should add the no-nonsense merm to make the game harder specifically for those who think it is too easy. It should unbundle your bundling wraps, eat from your fridge, steal your bananas and stonefruit bushes, and tag team you in any boss fight you find too easy.

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It should unbundle your bundling wraps, eat from your fridge, steal your bananas and stonefruit bushes, and tag team you in any boss fight you find too easy.

That perfectly describes an average pub server player.

So in a way that's already in the game xD

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

We should add the no-nonsense merm to make the game harder specifically for those who think it is too easy. It should unbundle your bundling wraps, eat from your fridge, steal your bananas and stonefruit bushes, and tag team you in any boss fight you find too easy.

Your going to invite me to your server how kind of you.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:08 PM, Nnumber3 said:

Think @MostMerryTomcat can do it, he animated something similar over a year ago.

wiLOLson-thoughts.gif.1b4e2eebdb6f8412c01af0df7ad0b062.gif

Source post: DST has lost it's edge. [RANT!] - [Don't Starve Together] General Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums

That moment when I get more reactions then the original post:

:wilson_ninja::wilson_pirate:

On 8/31/2023 at 10:44 PM, xhyom said:

because let's be honest, after this dull collab, another half-baked update would be very frustrating, so let them take the time it takes to deliver something cool I guess...

It's almost like the "dull collab" was "dull" for a reason. I think it was something about the collab being meant to be bite-sized and it being announced that way, as well as the developers stating they did it in their free time to not disrupt their content schedule...

bitesized.jpg.12eabf6bd54ea26dc6395feebafe1408.jpg

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

It's almost like the "dull collab" was "dull" for a reason. I think it was something about the collab being meant to be bite-sized and it being announced that way, as well as the developers stating they did it in their free time to not disrupt their content schedule...

bitesized.jpg.12eabf6bd54ea26dc6395feebafe1408.jpg

Cotl collab was the only update for august. With klei's schedule of 1 update per month it 100% did disrupt the content schedule.

I dont know how they can possibily tie up this update chain that only lasted 2 updates

I know this feeling has been voiced to death here but i hate how they just keep pumping new content instead of fixing the problems this game has, this leads to updates like moonquay where theyve barely fixed by now most of its problems

I dont know if they aknowledge the problems with the game right now but decide to focus on updates or if they actually have no idea the problems the game has

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

this leads to updates like moonquay where theyve barely fixed by now most of its problems

I know that you can easily lose your items because of how the pirate stash works.

but what are the other problems?

Spoiler

and this problem is 'easy' to solve, a new pirate stash could appear after the first is full, or just increase the number of items the pirate stash can hold

19 minutes ago, dois raios said:

but what are the other problems?

1. The pirate raids are "choose your punishment" type of situation, you fight the monkeys, you get curse, you don't, your items get stolen and possibly permanently deleted. Better just get cursed and feed the trinkets to lureplants or whatever. Oh if the moon quay is near Crab King you gotta have a """fun""" time completing the boring CC questline.

2. The moon quay island, just the same as other ocean set pieces, you go there once and you never come back, there's literally no reason to go there after you've acquired all the plant seeds from the portal.

3. The portal. You have to do nothing and afk for the loot to spawn, what fun and engaging content this is! Don't you dare mention moon gleams, you have to kill crab king for that and they take forever to spawn, which means more waiting, hooray!

2 hours ago, azazel3221 said:

Cotl collab was the only update for august. With klei's schedule of 1 update per month it 100% did disrupt the content schedule.

Who's to say they can't take a couple more weeks for an update? Doesn't specifically have to be related to the CotL crossover. And isn't it better for them to take longer, since half of the forumites keep saying that Klei's updates have been getting weaker content-wise?

22 minutes ago, _zwb said:

1. The pirate raids are "choose your punishment" type of situation, you fight the monkeys, you get curse, you don't, your items get stolen and possibly permanently deleted. Better just get cursed and feed the trinkets to lureplants or whatever. Oh if the moon quay is near Crab King you gotta have a """fun""" time completing the boring CC questline.

2. The moon quay island, just the same as other ocean set pieces, you go there once and you never come back, there's literally no reason to go there after you've acquired all the plant seeds from the portal.

3. The portal. You have to do nothing and afk for the loot to spawn, what fun and engaging content this is! Don't you dare mention moon gleams, you have to kill crab king for that and they take forever to spawn, which means more waiting, hooray!

Do things really need to have some ultimate end game purpose to be considered fun? I visit moon quay a lot actually, because I’m always wanting to build PalmCone trees around my world, I redocorated the entire oasis by replacing birch trees with palm ones, and since Palmtrees can’t just be chopped down and replanted- if you want more you HAVE to go back to Moon Quay and get them from the portal spewing them out.

Unless you’re on PC and can just “Magic” yourself some into the world like you’re playing Minecraft creative mode in consoles commands.

Now as far as dealing with Moon Quay pirates- First off they only spawn when your close to their island & finding them can be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Secondly- there’s at least 3 ways to deal with pirates.

#1- Kill them, become Monkey give bananas to Queen to change back.

#2- If you know your going to be going near pirates put everything of value away from the shore into a storage chest, then venture out to sea with nothing of significant value for the pirates to steal from you, just let them rob you blind of the “Junk” you filled your inventory with, also it helps to use a Grass Raft cause they won’t break the structures on it in making their escape. (Don’t place any on a grass raft anyway unless.. your clearing stupid pearls island of debris with a pinching winch)

#3- first you must become monkey so #1 is required here.. then you must trade bananas to Queen, THEN you must keep trading bananas to Queen to obtain a Boat Canon Blueprint, THEN you must farm Palmcone Scales for said canon craft, after that fire canons at incoming pirate boats (it doesn’t even need to hit them, just crash in the water near them) and they’ll Flee the fight.

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Do things really need to have some ultimate end game purpose to be considered fun?

Not necessarily, but being annoying and useless is certainly no fun. Hounds are annoying, but at least they drop monster meat I can use. What do monkeys drop? Bandanas? Hats? Useless items in most cases.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Get them from the portal spewing them out

Which you do by doing the exciting activity called waiting, absolutely thrilling, love this mechanic so much!

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

close to their island

They can spawn as long as you're no further away than 200 tiles from the monkey queen, that's a pretty wide range I'd say.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

#1- Kill them, become Monkey give bananas to Queen to change back.

You need to find the monkey queen first, which as you pointed out is finding needle in a hay stack. Your second argument goes the same.

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

#3-

I don't even go around moon quay after I raid it, this method is rather impractical because you rarely see any pirates after you get the blueprint.

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

Mike i dont want to spend 3 hours on some extremely boring and grindy mechanical event only so i get rewarded with an item that becomes obsolete after the first winter

Power is fun, efficiency is fun

You don’t want to spend 30 minutes* to travel out to Moon Quay, get a Boat Canon (& the amazing dock tile craft) but your okay spending FIVE HOURS reaching Maximum Friendship with Pearl, obtaining her Pearl then fighting what the forums says is the most boring boss in the entire game to then return said Pearl to her after it’s been cracked, to spend another 3+ Hours activating Moon Storms and doing Wagstaff stuff, to THEN summon Wild Moon Rifts into your world where Brightshades invade everything, and killing them doesn’t do any good because they just respawn right back in the same spots shortly after killing them.

You can do all that… but you’re not okay with spending 30 minutes of your time getting Moon Quay related stuff? Hmm.. aight, I have no comment.

Archived