If the beta doesn't come out today maybe they are working on a big update?

7 hours ago, bloopah said:

It's almost like the "dull collab" was "dull" for a reason. I think it was something about the collab being meant to be bite-sized and it being announced that way, as well as the developers stating they did it in their free time to not disrupt their content schedule...

bitesized.jpg.12eabf6bd54ea26dc6395feebafe1408.jpg

Was the passive aggressive message copied to your Ctrl-c for you to paste whenever you see someone even slightly badmouthing the collab? My point is that if, after this tiny collab update, another boring update comes, it would be frustrating, but you probably won't be able to understand that, since you're an idiot.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You don’t want to spend 30 minutes* to travel out to Moon Quay, get a Boat Canon (& the amazing dock tile craft) but your okay spending FIVE HOURS reaching Maximum Friendship with Pearl, obtaining her Pearl then fighting what the forums says is the most boring boss in the entire game to then return said Pearl to her after it’s been cracked, to spend another 3+ Hours activating Moon Storms and doing Wagstaff stuff, to THEN summon Wild Moon Rifts into your world where Brightshades invade everything, and killing them doesn’t do any good because they just respawn right back in the same spots shortly after killing them.

You can do all that… but you’re not okay with spending 30 minutes of your time getting Moon Quay related stuff? Hmm.. aight, I have no comment.

I get the feeling you do one thing at a time dude, that's fine, but your subjective experience is not the same for everyone playing the game. I'm glad you spend your time replanting trees, but again, you talk a lot about your experiences and how YOU play - this is fine but please do people the courtesy of accepting that they're talking of their own experiences with honesty. 

I'm fortunate in that all of the years i've played i've pretty much always got the tusk from McTusk on 1 or 2 kills. Some people don't have that luck, and i'd be incredibly wrong to go 'Hurrr you guys are crazy, MCTUSK ALWAYS DROPS, why are you all irritated?!' 

Like wise, what if i don't want to get Moon Quay stuff, or what if i told you I really don't mind Pearls questline. I really don't, bit time intensive compared to the shadow stuff but I actually find it irritating to wait for shadow pieces - a lot of people don't mind it. You clearly find it annoying, I believe you and I understand why you have issues with it, however, i'm not going to start acting like i'm absolutely dumbfounded that you don't feel the same way I do. 

Truthfully, I'd rather pull my own teeth out than terraform the oasis with palmcone trees (Ironic considering your usual stance on megabasing - a lot of that is repurposing the terrain) but if that's what you like to do, i'm really happy you undertake a project you find enjoyable. 

Finally, you CAN replant palmcone trees, at full growth it's a 1-1 conversion (One tree for one palmcone sapling thingy) but yes, you have to go back to moonquay to increase their numbers, I'm sure that's what you meant anyways but just incase you didn't, I thought i'd answer.

I really enjoy your passion for the game dude, I truly do, but these discussions are becoming incredibly circular.

3 hours ago, xhyom said:

Was the passive aggressive message copied to your Ctrl-c for you to paste whenever you see someone even slightly badmouthing the collab? My point is that if, after this tiny collab update, another boring update comes, it would be frustrating, but you probably won't be able to understand that, since you're an idiot.

Meanie :(

6 hours ago, xhyom said:

Why are you treating the collab as a regular update in the first place? If the collab didn't exist, if JoeW's words are true, it would've still taken the same amount of time as we are waiting right now. And from last year's gaps between updates, it's not too unlikely, as there have been even longer gaps between big updates, like Wickerbottom's refresh and Maxwell's.

44 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Why are you treating the collab as a regular update in the first place? If the collab didn't exist, if JoeW's words are true, it would've still taken the same amount of time as we are waiting right now. And from last year's gaps between updates, it's not too unlikely, as there have been even longer gaps between big updates, like Wickerbottom's refresh and Maxwell's.

I really don't understand what's your urge to explain to me that a small update is a small update, yeah I know??? It continues to be a dull update, which had very little development, intentionally yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a boring update. The point is that I don't want a rushed update right after this tiny update, I want something that justifies them preferring not to commit to the collab, since if it were to be another regular update with a normal size, I would prefer that they had spent more resources on the collab too then, so may they take their time. You would understand that if you weren't so focused on teaching me something that I didn't ask for.

4 hours ago, Uedo said:

Meanie :(

I mean, I'm not going to be nice to someone who interprets what I say in the stupidest way possible and then mentions me being passive aggressive while correcting me for something that wasn't even on topic, all while implying that I'm being ungrateful to the developers or something like this?

8 hours ago, xhyom said:

Ever since June Klei’s been focusing on whatever this next big “thing” is, the Annual Midsummers Cawnival which was supposed to be a yearly event that got updated every year was completely forgotten about this year & actually didn’t get much, then there’s the Cult of the Lamb collab which was left intentionally short & now we’ve had an entire month without an update while whatever this is bakes.

for those of you not keeping track- that’s July, August & now Early/Mid September between any significant updates.

Of course there’s Re-Reworks part 2 electric skill tree boogaloo but I think people are expecting a big world content update at this point.. 

Klei can take another 6 months I really don’t care, but WHEN it Comes… it needs to feel like the wait was worth it.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Nope, i hate cc quest aswell, another thing they developed back then and never looked back to improve it

The only significant changes to cc quest was charged moonglass lasting 2 says instead of 2 minutes and being able to do pearl before summer

That is all, no fixing the awful and unintuitive steps like deconstructing a moon caller staff, no reworking of the objectively most hated boss in the entire game, no more indepth mechanics about literally lunar island on the caves

And lets not talk about the flopped lore theywhere developing like how maxwell is the king of the constant for an eternity but has no idea the archives existed (no answer to that other than some really complex theory)

6 hours ago, xhyom said:

I really don't understand what's your urge to explain to me that a small update is a small update, yeah I know??? It continues to be a dull update, which had very little development, intentionally yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a boring update. The point is that I don't want a rushed update right after this tiny update, I want something that justifies them preferring not to commit to the collab, since if it were to be another regular update with a normal size, I would prefer that they had spent more resources on the collab too then, so may they take their time. You would understand that if you weren't so focused on teaching me something that I didn't ask for.

I mean, I'm not going to be nice to someone who interprets what I say in the stupidest way possible and then mentions me being passive aggressive while correcting me for something that wasn't even on topic, all while implying that I'm being ungrateful to the developers or something like this?

Maybe it's better to be nice, just bc of basic civility in the forums? Especially before JoeW brings the hammer down on the thread. You can strongly disagree with somebody's message/argument or method of conveying it without insulting them. 

Archived