[Game Update] - 565757

3 minutes ago, Wonz said:

Don't say moose is equal darksword, he's worse.

Moose is practically darksword damage.

being around ~10% of darksword damage is plenty acceptable. You are using a almost completely free transformation that gives you armor and a weapon capable of killing dragonfly.

it does not need to be maxwell’s strength because maxwell has to have equipment to do his stuff. Which gets worn down and breaks.

not to mention that moose is still a DAY 1 transformation, 100% achievable before the day is even half over and comes with FREE NIGHT VISION.

Weremoose deserved the nerf.

cope.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am so deeply confused, if people bought wormwood to be a challenging dlc character who couldn’t heal through eating foods, why are we getting perks that lessen this challenge such as just healing by being in Sunlight?

The Sun is not food.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Moose is practically darksword damage.

being around ~10% of darksword damage is plenty acceptable. You are using a almost completely free transformation that gives you armor and a weapon capable of killing dragonfly.

it does not need to be maxwell’s strength because maxwell has to have equipment to do his stuff. Which gets worn down and breaks.

not to mention that moose is still a DAY 1 transformation, 100% achievable before the day is even half over and comes with FREE NIGHT VISION.

Weremoose deserved the nerf.

cope.

No.

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

4 minutes ago, Evelo said:

It is cool that they can not damage allies, but they still damage walls and fences. Possibly make it so they dont damage walls too? Would love to use Bramble Traps as a mob farming tool. Or maybe even Bramble Walls that are immune to Bramble Trap damage? Please?

tbh not damaging allies should be built in and not part of perk. You can grief people by dropping rats into them currently. 

Edited by Wonz
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, CyberSkink said:

The beta isn’t over, it’s still a great skill!

Is it? I haven't had a chance to test the change but it was already a hard sell considering it's easily interrupted. Unless the drop is very minior I'll probably pass on the upgrade now as it doesn't seem worth taking extra damage to pull it off if it's too much lower.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Is it? I haven't had a chance to test the change but it was already a hard sell considering it's easily interrupted. Unless the drop is very minior I'll probably pass on the upgrade now as it doesn't seem worth taking extra damage to pull it off if it's too much lower.

I already changed my mind on the subject. I want the old weremoose back.

• Like 1

Just now, MadMatt said:

Woah that's so op, we should gut it's viability in combat to balance things out.

Its not op, its just an advantage it has.

woodie just isnt a combat character, and the weremoose shouldn’t be expected to solve all your combat problems.

Honestly if i was balancing it, it would have gone down even further.

maxwell beats him in gathering and combat but woodie beats literally everyone in exploration now, like its not even close to a contest.

so yeah he shouldn’t be that crazy strong in every form, even if you can only do one at a time, because you can always switch later.

and no, 17 damage is not a terrible amount, its about 5 damage per attack, so basically it went from on average being slightly better than darksword, to on average being about equal with darksword, slightly better to slightly worse

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am so deeply confused, if people bought wormwood to be a challenging dlc character who couldn’t heal through eating foods, why are we getting perks that lessen this challenge such as just healing by being in Sunlight?

Am I missing something here??

Because DST is meant to be easier than DS, remember? Btw welcome back from your hiatus!

• Sad 1

Just now, Copyafriend said:

Its not op, its just an advantage it has.

woodie just isnt a combat character, and the weremoose shouldn’t be expected to solve all your combat problems.

Honestly if i was balancing it, it would have gone down even further.

maxwell beats him in gathering and combat but woodie beats literally everyone in exploration now, like its not even close to a contest.

so yeah he shouldn’t be that crazy strong in every form, even if you can only do one at a time, because you can always switch later.

and no, 17 damage is not a terrible amount, its about 5 damage per attack, so basically it went from on average being slightly better than darksword, to on average being about equal with darksword, slightly better to slightly worse

You still run into the old issue then why use a form that's worse than your base form?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Except he doesn’t. You can’t pick up anything while in goose form and a beefalo has more perks with it to make it overall better than goose. The only thing it’s useful for is finding lunar quickly and nothing else. It definitely did not justify this nerf. Woodie has been a garbage character for the entire existence of the game and now the woodie conspiracy continues

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kuroite said:

Im confused, what is "strong sunlight" ? Is it just day or summer day ? (thought it was the later)

image.jpeg.a6d9e001312462a4e5fa470321531ddb.jpeg

This, season doesn't matter:

image.png.8c0f0ffe72b0f24bcae8a20f57d0199a.png

(I don't know why it says strong either, it just means day)

Edited by Arcwell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

if weremoose’s slam was that originally, would you have complained?

Yes because it'd still have been clunky to use (as it is now) and strictly inferior to animation cancelling. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Copyafriend said:

Additionally for everyone claiming that it “ruins weremoose” 

if weremoose’s slam was that originally, would you have complained?

Maybe a little. I still want the slam and regen back tho, it made weremoose more fun.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

You still run into the old issue then why use a form that's worse than your base form?

Because unless you’re using a darksword AND thulecite helmet, its not worse, its better.

and if you ARE its about equal, not exactly, but its pretty close

15 minutes ago, Wonz said:

Darksword DPS while tanking is is: 151
Moose DPS while "tanking" aka not getting hit what would interrupt your combo and not lead to 3rd buffed hit is: 158

Now that you heal less you want to dodge more so you will less often miss on the 3rd hit since you might hit 2 or 4 or 5 times before dodging not reaching the 3rd 6th or 9th hit. resulting in actually less DPS than darksword. 

But while tanking you'll be missing the hit too since getting hit resets your combo so actually you'll only sandbag harder than dark sword and there's no enemy like that. 

Don't say moose is equal darksword, he's worse.  

Dark sword DPS 156.9 actually. This is calculated by 68 * 13 / 30, given that attack period in theories is 13 frames or 0.433s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1