[Game Update] - 565757

Just now, Copyafriend said:

Because unless you’re using a darksword AND thulecite helmet, its not worse, its better.

and if you ARE its about equal, not exactly, but its pretty close

Isn't the moose still slower than a dark sword making its actual damage a fair bit lower than that or did I miss something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copyafriend said:

Its not op, its just an advantage it has.

woodie just isnt a combat character, and the weremoose shouldn’t be expected to solve all your combat problems.

Honestly if i was balancing it, it would have gone down even further.

maxwell beats him in gathering and combat but woodie beats literally everyone in exploration now, like its not even close to a contest.

so yeah he shouldn’t be that crazy strong in every form, even if you can only do one at a time, because you can always switch later.

and no, 17 damage is not a terrible amount, its about 5 damage per attack, so basically it went from on average being slightly better than darksword, to on average being about equal with darksword, slightly better to slightly worse

Your claims and intentions are in incredibly terrible faith, especially when you told another member to "cope."
this isn't 4chan. Adjust to your surroundings.

Maxwell beat him in many facets even with Woodie's 136 slam and health regen (Which I agree was overtuned) 
Basically, your wording is "Maxwell is superior to Woodie, but Woodie is superior to every other character at one single niche, so Woodie deserves to be nerfed"

Your bias against Woodie screams. 

• Like 15

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Isn't the moose still slower than a dark sword making its actual damage a fair bit lower than that or did I miss something?

It is slower, but with the slam its slightly less dps than a darksword. Not very much but it IS less, i’m just saying that with how cheap the transformation is and how i’m pretty sure i could still kill dragonfly with one transformation, it’s fine as it is

Just now, Copyafriend said:

It is slower, but with the slam its slightly less dps than a darksword. Not very much but it IS less, i’m just saying that with how cheap the transformation is and how i’m pretty sure i could still kill dragonfly with one transformation, it’s fine as it is

So the dps is less, the form is more risky than being human, and the slam is very interruptable? Why wouldn't you just use human form instead?

• Like 7

You don't have to risk getting caught against an enraged dragonfly when fighting as base woodie. Enraged dragonfly is excessively dangerous solo. 

Moose can't blow on a flute, buddy.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Fufuji said:

Dark sword DPS 156.9 actually. This is calculated by 68 * 13 / 30, given that attack period in theories is 13 frames or 0.433s. 

Attack speed is very inconsistent in DST.

I've done some frame counting and it seems to randomly decide on either 13/14 ticks, alternating per hit, or 14/15 ticks, alternating per hit.
For Weremoose, it seems to alternate between 16 and 18 ticks per hit.

There may be other tick values, these are just the ones I've observed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chirsg said:

this isn't 4chan. Adjust to your surroundings

Ive never been on 4chan, but honestly yeah it was uncalled for. It was mostly intended as a joke though.

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Your bias against Woodie screams. 

I have no bias “against woodie”

woodie fills more niches than maxwell.

he should not perform as well as maxwell in the niches he is competing against maxwell in.

especially since it is an effectively free day 1 transformation.

but i have said my point and at this point i’m just arguing with like 6 people who disagree, not much point its not like ya’ll will agree.

ive said my piece, honestly should have quit a few posts back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So the dps is less, the form is more risky than being human, and the slam is very interruptable? Why wouldn't you just use human form instead?

Cost is less, if its achievable for no armor and weapon cost, its worth transforming for, if you’d use a hambat for the fight you can use the moose, not much risk when you have 90% DR

5 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

woodie fills more niches than maxwell.

Maxwell - Duelists rivalled Wolfgang in raw damage. Even max moose does not rival either in raw damage

Maxwell - Can craft while shadow minions work and gather for Max, unlike Woodie's all in niche in chores.

Maxwell - Can read wickerbottom's books and is basically more effective than tilde key commands. He is hax.

Maxwell - Can crowd control with shadow sneak with no qualms, blowing Wigfrid's startling soliloquy out of the pacific ocean

Maxwell - Shadow cage or whatever it's called, invalidating many bosses phases.

Um...

Edited by chirsg
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

Dark sword DPS 156.9 actually. This is calculated by 68 * 13 / 30, given that attack period in theories is 13 frames or 0.433s. 

hmm
I measured myself 14.
It seems to be once 13 or 14 what probably explains why werepig can be stunlocked and sometimes it can't. 
Gonna fix the numbers in a moment

Edited by Wonz

2 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Attack speed is very inconsistent in DST.

I've done some frame counting and it seems to randomly decide on either 13/14 ticks, alternating per hit, or 14/15 ticks, alternating per hit.
For Weremoose, it seems to alternate between 16 and 18 ticks per hit.

There may be other tick values, these are just the ones I've observed.

Yes, it depends on network connection and luck and will change every now and then. 13 frames for normal weapons and 15 frames for weremoose can be achieved in actual gameplay so calculating DPS with these values is relatively more convenient (than testing it in-game, which will be affected by too many things).

• Like 2

Cost is less, if its achievable for no armor and weapon cost, its worth transforming for, if you’d use a hambat for the fight you can use the moose, not much risk when you have 90% DR

Did you forget that when you go into the form and leave the form you have a uninterrupted peroid where your free to get attacked with 0 armor or that unlike in human state you have no other way to heal if you mess up except the now nerfed passive healing? Sure no durability sounds nice but it sure as heck doesn't negate the higher risks your taking using this form.

Here's a DPS comparison of dark sword vs. weremoose slam vs. weremoose animation cancelling from my testing

Keep in mind attack speed in DST is inconsistent, it could be higher or lower at any given time.

• Dark sword: 142.8 DPS
  • Weremoose slam: 148.75 DPS assuming no interruptions
  • Weremoose animation cancel: 148.75 DPS assuming done optimally

• Like 6

Just now, Wonz said:

hmm
I measured myself 14.
It seems to be once 13 or 14 what probably explains why werepig can be stunlocked and sometimes it can't

It depends on network connection and luck and will change every now and then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

This, season doesn't matter:

image.png.8c0f0ffe72b0f24bcae8a20f57d0199a.png

(I don't know why it says strong either, it just means day)

Wait so we have a character that was sold as a challenging dlc character who had to come up with unique methods of healing who now just passively heals while standing around in Sunlight?

Are there any balances to this?? Such as only healing when standing still and not in combat (like Beefalo) or is it just yeah let’s just erase Wormwoods Downside?

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

16 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Except he doesn’t. You can’t pick up anything while in goose form and a beefalo has more perks with it to make it overall better than goose. The only thing it’s useful for is finding lunar quickly and nothing else. It definitely did not justify this nerf. Woodie has been a garbage character for the entire existence of the game and now the woodie conspiracy continues

he not a garbage character he is an amazing character for all the things yes maxwell is the better farmer but  u looking for biome early not just Luna but also oases and others  go woody u want an early walking cane for speed woody u want to clear  a large area for building go woody u want more living logs woody he is a rely good character now 

1 minute ago, Mr Giggio said:

I kinda dont get why removing Petal Production tho it was kinda underrated but is actually super good

Probably because this below affects his downside too much

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

healing by a ton

And this buffs part beefalo gameplay rather than wormwood part

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

It eases beefalo taming

3 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

Dont start me with trivia mate, I said "it eases" and not "its the only way", so

it's much easier to go to the caves and collect a ton of that stuff instead of spending points to a perk and wait 100500 days to get some petals

Edited by landromat
  • Like 1