Deleting a post will not solve the problem

Ardyn

1 minute ago, Baark0 said:

deleting this post will solve the problem of deleting posts not solving problems however

The vicious cycle is really a bad result, no matter which party in the dispute. Unfortunately, angry people have no way to express their intentions except to post more until one day Klei's financial report may show a decline.

3 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

What are you talking about?

Today Klei deleted too many posts, making it difficult for most people to understand what exactly happened. Perhaps this is the result Klei wants. In short, some people who were dissatisfied with the Battle God Helmet Skin incident expressed their demands, while Klei deleted these posts - even if the content met forum guidelines. Discontent turns into anger, and what will anger become?

Yeah, this one might be deleted too, but as far as I saw your previous post was accurate and respectful and I'm glad I was there to read it. Sadly, not everyone can have a productive and innocent debate on the topic, for this reason klei is deleting and blocking posts that could potentially trigger more useless discussion, not because klei wants to ignore or censor the community feedback.

The original "star of David" post wasn't objective, and klei seemingly changing the helmet in consequence of it produced some bitterness in some forum users (me included), but fear, misinformation and/or hostility from a minority of the community is making a simple problem worse.

To be honest it's not the big deal, it's not like klei is frequently censoring stuff (this isn't even a censor though) or deleting "controversial" content, and if a crowd bought the skin before the change and feels wronged for this, they should be the ones complaining and not the commonly hostile complainers or people that don't care about it.

Peace, wherever you are at.

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

You mean the star on Wigfrid's head thingie? it makes more sense to the lore of the game that she has alter instead of a random star. 
Not sure what else is there to add about it.

I have to admit that the modified helmet and moon theme are better combined. However, it should be taken into account that some players purchased this skin due to the eye-catching appearance of the stars, and they believe that Klei's behavior is suspected of minor deception - there are many ways to solve this problem, including refunds, asking players with skin to choose a version of the skin, or apologizing. However, Klei only chose to delete posts related to these. As far as I know, countless Chinese community players are dissatisfied with this, and I just came here to convey their opinions and was deleted from the post.

I find it kind of stupid if you want my Honest opinion- DST has 20 something characters, and SOME of them don’t even celebrate the same Religions.. it’s “Unrealistic” to expect them to all follow one strict religion anyway..

isn’t Woodie portrayed as a Catholic who doesn’t believe in Christmas? I’m just sayin :wilson_vforvictory:

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I find it kind of stupid if you want my Honest opinion- DST has 20 something characters, and SOME of them don’t even celebrate the same Religions.. it’s “Unrealistic” to expect them to all follow one strict religion anyway..

isn’t Woodie portrayed as a Catholic who doesn’t believe in Christmas? I’m just sayin :wilson_vforvictory:

I insist that the reality of religion should not affect the game too much, as it will only make the game increasingly mediocre. Some excessive offenses may be modified, but the Star of David and the ubiquitous Hexagram element - I can't understand what this offends.

As someone who made a parody post, it does not look like you are posting in good faith. Trying to incite chaos would only undermine the legitimate concerns others may have.

This may not be your intention, but putting so much emphasis on how someone is wrong and bad does little to convince them to make a change.

Well, we already received and explanation and were asked to move on. Those who purchased the skin and feel discontent can surely work it out with Klei directly.

Even though I didn't see what happened earlier and agree with the last post I am sure Klei do what they do for the benefit of everyone. We already get away with much here on the forums. xdd

Just now, Popian said:

As someone who made a parody post, it does not look like you are posting in good faith. Trying to incite chaos would only undermine the legitimate concerns others may have.

This may not be your intention, but putting so much emphasis on how someone is wrong and bad does little to convince them to make a change.

Believe me, I initially only conveyed the perspective of a DST community. After I was deleted from the post, I became both disappointed and angry.

With Chrome's web translation function, you may be able to understand some of the content of that Chinese community. Note that 'Corey' representing 'Klei' may be automatically translated as' Corey '.

Link to the Chinese DST online community:https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%BC%A2%BB%C4%C1%AA%BB%FA&fr=ala0&tpl=5&dyTabStr=MCw2LDQsMSw1LDMsMiw4LDcsOQ%3D%3D

I kept this part of the conversation out of my original response so as to not argue about it. But apparently I am going to be forced into posting about some uncomfortable truths. 

These complaints are going to happen no matter what because these arguments are disingenuous and inciteful. Those that actually wanted to understand what was happening, already got the answer. But now we have the rest. The followup FUD posts. 

Let me make this crystal clear for the people that don't get it, still. 

This has nothing to do about any religion or group. They happen specifically to avoid arguments between people concerned about a thing and the people who feel like they need to throw their opinions around and be rude to the original concerned player. Therefore if something seems like it's worth correcting, we do. OR it doesn't go into the game to begin with. This shouldn't be a surprise to literally anybody. 

This happens for all kinds of things. Game mechanics too. This lead to Warbucks being removed. Hell, people used to flip out and have arguments over whether multiplayer should be in the game, and would you look at that... we have multiplayer now. Go and look up any post about achievements if you want to see how heated people can get over nothing. 

So, if that's not clear enough. Let's take it another step further. 

Warning. I am going to link to unpleasant posts. Just so we can be very clear here. I am unhiding the posts that I hid because of their content so we can see. I hide posts very infrequently, I would rather lock posts as much as possible so people can see what the original issue was and why it went away. 

I haven't banned the parties involved at this point. But I will be doing so after this. I just want the record to be here for everybody to see. 

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148788-please-dont-block-peoples-opinions-klei/
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148777-to-my-dear-klei/
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148708-racist-stereotypes-in-dont-starve/
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148779-as-a-player-who-believes-in-islam-i-want-to-give-klei-feedback-on-the-issue-of-pigmen/
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148778-我玩了十年饥荒,从来没有这么愤怒过-我玩了十年饥荒,从来没有这么愤怒过-ive-been-playing-dont-starve-for-ten-years-and-ive-never-been-so-angry-before/
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/148706-wigfrids-new-helm-skin-looks-a-bit-too-close-to-the-阴阳鱼/

This isn't a SAMPLE of the posts I hid, these ARE the posts I hid. These and some others about complaining about the hidden posts. 

This is a sample though of the type of arguments that happen when these things are NOT changed. They just happen forever. As long as it's in the game. So it's one choice or the other. 

But if the above is the type of opinion that you have, understand that these changes don't happen because of THEM, they happen because of YOU. If the gaming community could treat each other with fairness and respect, we wouldn't have this problem. 

I told everybody to move on previously because NO constructive conversation can come out of this any further. There will be no additional changes to the art and we're not changing our policy on this matter. 

And - please know that the messages above are not representative of our Chinese player community at all. We have inhouse staff that monitor and run our Chinese social media and do translation as well. We're aware of how the community feels. Our Chinese community are largely supportive and awesome.
UPDATE: The note about players in China was strictly speaking about most players in China are not inappropriate as shown in the posts above. I apologize for any confusion. https://t.bilibili.com/812140971197202435?spm_id_from=444.41.0.0 
UPDATE: https://t.bilibili.com/812434802797969417?spm_id_from=444.41.0.0

I'm leaving it at that. If you can't accept this, I don't know what to tell you, but take it somewhere else. I will be banning accounts.

If you purchased this skin before the change and are unhappy with the new style of the skin, contact support and we will do what we can to help out. https://support.klei.com

Please include the platform that you play on and your Klei User ID.

Archived