Please don't block people's opinions, Klei

Ardyn

Prohibiting people from discussing is not the solution to the problem.

After the helmet skin incident, although Klei claimed to have modified the appearance of the skin because they felt it was inappropriate in religion, everyone was well aware that Klei was afraid of criticism with political factors and therefore modified the appearance of the skin. This has caused some people to be very concerned, especially considering previous Warbucks, Wortox, and various events. Many people are worried that this skin modification incident will become a new precedent: when someone points out that the game has offended a strange niche group, even if their evidence is completely unconvincing, Klei will modify the game for fear of political controversy. Experience tells us that games in this situation will only become increasingly mediocre, and this is obviously not the reason why most DST players choose this game.

Moreover, in a place far across the ocean that Klei couldn't see - the Chinese forum of DST - this incident caused a great uproar. DST has a large number of Chinese players, but Klei almost never sees the thoughts of the players there, but today I will convey them. Some people are more afraid of Jews. They think it is true that Jews in the Conspiracy theory secretly manipulate the government. Jews can make a game company compromise by just using their words. The spread of this idea will obviously only be detrimental to Jews. Our goal is to accommodate Jews, not to regard them as the spoilers of the game content. Another group of people believe that the new helmet skin and breastplate skin do not match, and Klei is lying - this is clearly not a deliberate skin modification, but a modification made out of fear of political controversy, and they are very disappointed. Klei has always held a very high position in the minds of Chinese community players, and this position is now being challenged, which is very worrying.

In addition, @JoeW's response also made us very upset. JoeW did not acknowledge the mistake of modifying paid skins that have already been sold - and it is clear that a large number of players who have purchased the skin believe that this modification has made the skin look ugly. But JoeW instead accuses those who have criticized Klei. JoeW said Ironically - the contrary always comes after rewards. It's always exactly one group of people offered that we're bowing down to the compilers. The compilers come from people offered that we changed our own art or made our own decisions about how people view our game. s and calculations about some unseen Force that causes us to make these changes It's silly and it's a waste of time, But without thinking about Klei's own mistake. He chose to block people's mouths, but it was impossible to do so. There are so many people who have raised their opinions but feel that they have been offended by Klei. They will post more posts on DST forums to express their dissatisfaction - they will continue to see them in the next few days until most people have a satisfactory result.

At least give those who have already purchased skin a refund. Some people really bought this skin because they liked the eye-catching look of stars, and after changing it to a circular shape, it made them very dissatisfied. However, Klei not only did not seek a solution to the problem, but also prohibited people from discussing this dissatisfaction, which is truly confusing.

If you are a community administrator or moderator, you can block or even delete this post. But please remember - you cannot always block the mouths of a large number of opponents, and the more blocked and deleted they are, the worse Klei's reputation will become. Finally, I would like to quote a sentence that JoeW said a few days ago, 'The point has been made. It's not up for Debate. Move on - I'm not sending out more warnings on this.'.

This article was generated using translation software.

Bro klei literally said to quit the discussion because they werent handing out any more warnings.

they gave their reasons, its not up to you. Even if they ARE afraid of religious criticisms, thats their call to make not yours.

for some reason everyone is cool with freedom of expression until they decide to backtrack on something that is controversial because of those same creative freedoms

23 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Bro klei literally said to quit the discussion because they werent handing out any more warnings.

they gave their reasons, its not up to you. Even if they ARE afraid of religious criticisms, thats their call to make not yours.

for some reason everyone is cool with freedom of expression until they decide to backtrack on something that is controversial because of those same creative freedoms

What I am saying is far from just my demands, but the demands of a large number of Chinese DST players far across the ocean - they are arguing fiercely there, and this situation is spreading to the forum. You or Klei can certainly ignore this situation, but Klei cannot escape the fact that Klei's actions have had a serious impact on their Chinese market. I brought this fact here from a corner that Klei couldn't see, and obviously some people only want to escape reality.

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

same creative freedoms

I agree with you. But in my opinion, Klei have no freedom on this skin because at that time players have paid for it. 

DST skins are really cheap in China, but that's not the reason.

2 minutes ago, Horsheen said:

They literally said that the complaint was just a way for them to touch up and improve on the skin

Just let it be, the amount of anger about such a tiny change is pathetic

However, Klei's actions so far have only exacerbated this anger, which is impressive. Accusing the angry person is not a practical solution to the problem.

Archived