[Game Update] - 552394

35 minutes ago, POOH_LY said:

We need more Lunar aligned bosses.

The weird tentacle we see in the corner of one of the roadmap images gives me hope we'll get at least one new one. I've heard some people say it could be Lunetree roots but the trees look nothing like this

image.png.10ec45a64c53a13257ada99b56b3d360.png

• Like 4

extremly happy over the fact we can now remember the recepys from the brightsmitthy, also glad to see some more mobs having the shadow/moon aligned tag. Not even mentioning how great the items look animated.

I am still hoping to see the new items buffed and becoming more relevant.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

which one is  Infused Moon Shard  again? is it the ones you can mine in the rift area?

Not sure if it spawns near the new rifts but you can get it in the moonstorms when lightning strikes the ground.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Primalflower said:

isn't this a bit meta-y?

The ocean changes my gameplay significantly enough for me to have trouble describing it in words, because I choose to interact with it and go down its paths. I feel like what you're proposing is that ocean content is fun when you interact with it, but there are better things to do with your time on land in terms of strictly getting things done, which, I dunno, I feel like thats a non-argument in the grand scheme of things considering we've no feasible time limit to our play.

Well, no. Not really. Fun is certainly a part of it, but 

1. "fun" is completely subjective. You and me may enjoy it, but there are a lot of people who either don't, or don't enjoy it enough to make it an active part of their playstyle.

2. That's just not how it works. Reward and incentive are both very important pillars of game design. Why would you go to the ruins if you couldn't make thulecite gear or gem staves? Why would you fight any boss if it didn't drop a powerful reward for doing so? That's basically what state the ocean is in right now.

• Like 4

Brightsmithy Kit

Spoiler

lunar_forge-kit.gif.9a6a8f15c5f446014f095c9dc784b484.gif

Wilson with Brightshade Armor & Brightshade Helm (plus Brightshade Staff, Brigthshade Sword, or Brightshade Shovel)

Spoiler

atk_down.gif.bb72e285d5977b4b371d2856884440e0.gif idle_side.gif.cc1aba5cf9f21698227438bc9eb74e5d.gif shovel_up.gif.1e89a78925b4ba2e006437dd56d45f6f.gif

19 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Recipes from Brightsmithy are now remembered by Players after forging once.

@V2CThis unfortunately causes Brightshade gear to show up in other crafting station tabs once said gear has been prototyped.  I understand it's more of a limitation of the current Crafting Station filter, so not sure if this qualifies as a bug.

Example screenshots of this issue (at Crabby Hermit's Bottle Exchange, Ancient Psuedoscience Station, & Cartographer's Desk):
image.thumb.png.ae73e5217b95358704af13f730e577b4.png image.thumb.png.6a5496dd7a155080fde513a7be595d0b.png image.thumb.png.27099d043ebaf787d8b73ff15b8d84a4.png

• Like 11
  • GL Happy 1

On 4/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mahoood said:

That and Ancient Guardian please. Funny that depth worm will be the only non shadow threat in ruins.

There's still quite a few ruins enemies that aren't shadow themed: in addition to depths worms, there's also slurpers, dangling depth dwellers, and non-shadow splumonkeys (speaking of which, shadow splumonkeys aren't considered shadow-aligned yet). Although perhaps normal splumonkeys being shadow-aligned would make sense too, since they have a 50% chance to drop nightmare fuel on death, which suggests they may be mutated in the same way that the guardian is (though the guardian strangely doesn't drop any nightmare fuel at all, neither during its second phase nor upon death, despite it being covered in it and constantly leaking it).

Speaking of dropping nightmare fuel on death, perhaps beardlings should be shadow-aligned as well, and beardlords, since they're closely related (though, much like the guardian, don't drop nightmare fuel, strangely). They also both drop beard hair like shadow splumonkeys do.

Slurpers used to drop beard hair prior to slurper pelts being added, but since this was changed I imagine their fur being made out of beard hair is no longer canon.

Edit:

Spoiler

While looking at the code I noticed, and ran tests to confirm, that the 50% chance for splumonkeys to drop nightmare fuel only applies to shadow splumonkeys.

The reason the wiki says that normal splumonkeys drop nightmare fuel is because they do in singleplayer DS, due to a bug that's been fixed in DST.

While investigating this bug I also discovered a separate bug with slurtles and snurtles that has also been fixed in DST.

I will report both of these bugs.

Edited by bjanmanjs
Incorrect information regarding splumonkey loot.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bjanmanjs said:

There's still quite a few ruins enemies that aren't shadow themed: in addition to depths worms, there's also slurpers, dangling depth dwellers, and non-shadow splumonkeys (speaking of which, shadow splumonkeys aren't considered shadow-aligned yet). Although perhaps normal splumonkeys being shadow-aligned would make sense too, since they have a 50% chance to drop nightmare fuel on death, which suggests they may be mutated in the same way that the guardian is (though the guardian strangely doesn't drop any nightmare fuel at all, neither during its second phase nor upon death, despite it being covered in it and constantly leaking it).

Speaking of dropping nightmare fuel on death, perhaps beardlings should be shadow-aligned as well, and beardlords, since they're closely related (though, much like the guardian, don't drop nightmare fuel, strangely). They also both drop beard hair like shadow splumonkeys do.

Slurpers used to drop beard hair prior to slurper pelts being added, but since this was changed I imagine their fur being made out of beard hair is no longer canon.

Ah i meant inside the clockwork and statues area but i am not opposed to more shadow tag!

2 hours ago, bjanmanjs said:

Beardlords do drop nightmare fuel with maxwell shadow sneak!

• Sanity 1

11 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

2. That's just not how it works. Reward and incentive are both very important pillars of game design. Why would you go to the ruins if you couldn't make thulecite gear or gem staves? Why would you fight any boss if it didn't drop a powerful reward for doing so? That's basically what state the ocean is in right now.

Putting it like that kind of implies to me that it is an essential part of game design, to which I don’t think I personally would agree. To reference something very successful, (which I would say is due to great design), and in my recent memory since I finally got around to playing it, we can observe Elden Ring (or any other souls game/similar themed game). You definitely are rewarded for doing things, fighting bosses, and exploring, but first,  I wouldn’t argue that is the remotely the driving reason for doing these things, at least in that game. Second, similar to don’t starve, the rewards aren’t all that good or relevant. I loved collecting every single item in Elden Ring, but frankly I didn’t use a *whole* bunch of them, and some that I did, I did despite knowing they were not strong/optimal. There is a similarity here. Yes I agree, if you are singling out just looking for things that will dramatically change gameplay, or be the new best reward to strive for, the ocean is a bit void in that regard. But there still is technically plenty of reward to be gotten despite that. The point there is that, like you said, the fun is just subjective there in terms of what you want to do with it and the “rewards”.

I don’t think the ocean is perfect either, but it’s definitely a very fun addition in my opinion, and can spice up gameplay and give you different options if you’re inclined. And it’s definitely still very moldable and has room for additions, which I would only assume despite the pace that they are coming. Though before more ocean stuff I’d love a diverse and interactive summer first, and more caves love. 

Not sure if that was very articulate, and maybe I missed some important points I meant to hit but forgot about while typing, but I hope that perspective makes any sense. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2023 at 23:31, Theukon-dos said:

Oh não não não, eu gosto do oceano. O problema é que eu tenho que modificá-lo para não ser uma perda de tempo. 

Já falei sobre isso antes, mas no final das contas o conteúdo do oceano falhou porque nunca introduziu nada que mudasse a forma como os jogadores abordam o jogo. Os melhores itens e equipamentos são os mesmos depois do RoT como eram antes. As melhores fontes de alimentos mudaram  ligeiramente com Stonefruit sendo um bom candidato. Mas, por outro lado, colher o que você plantou foi muito mais impactante do que qualquer uma das meia dúzia de escolhas alimentares no oceano, e quaisquer coisas novas que serviram para ajudar no continente, onde são secundários (caixas de sal) ou situacionais/nichos demais para serem verdadeiramente impactantes ( Árvores acima da média são ótimas durante o verão, mas apenas se você construir sua base ao redor da costa). A única atualização que poderia realmente trazer o oceano para o limelite foi Curse of the Moon Quey; mas isso foi impedido pelo fato de que a ilha é incrivelmente difícil de localizar sem muita sorte e/ou tempo.

Ah, mas estamos ficando distraídos. Sinceramente, não acho que o tempo  possa  consertar essa mecânica de qualquer maneira, pois todos os problemas que tenho com ela são fundamentais. Se o Dano Planar não for afetado por modificadores de dano, ele pune os jogadores por escolher esses personagens em primeiro lugar; IE Wigfrid e Wolfgang. E mesmo que tenha sido afetado por modificadores, também pune qualquer tipo de personagem que tenha formas únicas de causar dano. Wanda não pode usar seu Alarming Clock, Abigail acerta por centavos, Walter não tem balas que causem dano planar, Wurt e os exércitos de Webber se tornam dramaticamente menos eficazes. Isso remove fundamentalmente a importância da escolha do jogador e torna todos os personagens visivelmente mais homogêneos. 

in theory, this is a endgame equipment, so it can be a powerfull one. furthermore, some weapons are not effective with all the caracters, we all know about this

KLEI PLEASE BUFF THE WHOLE THINGS

5 hours ago, O Prea said:

- The shovel could have the ability to collect reeds, cacti and light flower. @V2C

Screenshot_1.png

disagree,very outdated and result-leading design concept. 

this feature suit to be a quality of life update of shovel and golden shovel, don't suit the concept of a brand new item at all.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

disagree,very outdated and result-leading design concept. 

this feature suit to be a quality of life update of shovel and golden shovel, don't suit the concept of a brand new item at all.

The ONLY way digging this stuff up will EVER work in DST be it with a regular shovel or this special one (which you can still get without fighting CC through world settings) Is if these Dug up resources would also naturally Respawn back into their biomes you dug them out of.

Otherwise- biomes will end up even WORSE of a Bare empty wasteland when you move their resources out of them to a new location.

This type of Idea really only seems to benefit the MegaBaser Playstyle who just wants Oooo really pretty base decorations, but from a Survival Perspective- You’ll never need to go in a Cave for lightbulbs or take a stroll to the desert for Cactus Flesh/Flowers ever Again.

Its Busted.. and IDC if you have to beat CC to obtain it, it would still end up relocating all worldly resources conveniently into your base & making the biomes they were gathered out of that much more empty and lacking in content.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The ONLY way digging this stuff up will EVER work in DST be it with a regular shovel or this special one (which you can still get without fighting CC through world settings) Is if these Dug up resources would also naturally Respawn back into their biomes you dug them out of.

ATM all of the resources shown do already spawn back in their respective biomes. Reeds/cactus were added to regrowth in particular due to griefing concerns (light flowers have been able to regrow since they were intoduced).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

This perk alone still wouldn't make the shovel worth it, but it'd be a very nice upside to it.

These resources are very powerful and not being able to relocate them was an intentional aspect.
Breaking this intentional change with an endgame item seems perfectly fitting as a reward for players who manage to trek that far.

And as others have put it... in most cases the need/demand for these resources is next to none by the time you obtain the shovel. At that point the relocation wouldn't be so game breaking and would instead serve nicely for decor and/or ease of life!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, O Prea said:

- The shovel could have the ability to collect reeds, cacti and light flower. @V2C

Screenshot_1.png

I think is a good idea adding base building features behing endgame bosses (like Mushlight and Glowcap behind Toadstool...ish).

With a playtime of 3000 hours I never had a good reason to fight Celestial Champion when basebuilding. However, if the fight unlocks me that type of world transforming I definely would fight and kill it on my worlds.

There is nothing wrong with the fight. Its a great fight, I watched streamers doing it several times and its very fun. But, as a solo player, I just don't feel like the loot contributes to my gameplay style. 

• Like 2