[Game Update] - 552394

18 minutes ago, -Variant said:

This perk alone still wouldn't make the shovel worth it, but it'd be a very nice upside to it.

These resources are very powerful and not being able to relocate them was an intentional aspect.
Breaking this intentional change with an endgame item seems perfectly fitting as a reward for players who manage to trek that far.

And as others have put it... in most cases the need/demand for these resources is next to none by the time you obtain the shovel. At that point the relocation wouldn't be so game breaking and would instead serve nicely for decor and/or ease of life!

But that’s only for YOU or for Someone who has done all the quests, what about the fresh starting newbs who join into the world super late into its existence?

Sure they may be bombarded by interplanetary monstrosities they weren’t prepared to deal with, but they also Won’t have access to a biomes known naturally spawning resources if someone has shoveled them all up and relocated them. Imagine going down into caves to craft your first Lantern but there’s no Bulbs anywhere around cause someone scooped em all up and hordes them in their own base.

This is the most likely reason these resources can’t be moved. And until Klei makes them Auto Renew by themselves in their respective biomes. It’ll be like the experience I have trying to play as Wurt in a Server with other players.

Aka: All Veggie Sources have been dug up and relocated in the Wigfrids base who uses them to make Meatballs.

If everything that can be shoveled up regrew in their respective biomes I wouldn’t take too much concern over it.

But even that encourages staying in base and never needing to go anywhere to gather anything.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But that’s only for YOU or for Someone who has done all the quests, what about the fresh starting newbs who join into the world super late into its existence?

Don’t start in worlds that are super late into existence, then…?

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sure they may be bombarded by interplanetary monstrosities they weren’t prepared to deal with, but they also Won’t have access to a biomes known naturally spawning resources if someone has shoveled them all up and relocated them. Imagine going down into caves to craft your first Lantern but there’s no Bulbs anywhere around cause someone scooped em all up and hordes them in their own base.

This is the most likely reason these resources can’t be moved. And until Klei makes them Auto Renew by themselves in their respective biomes. It’ll be like the experience I have trying to play as Wurt in a Server with other players.

Aka: All Veggie Sources have been dug up and relocated in the Wigfrids base who uses them to make Meatballs.

If everything that can be shoveled up regrew in their respective biomes I wouldn’t take too much concern over it.

But even that encourages staying in base and never needing to go anywhere to gather anything.

what?

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don't like closing down arguments like this, but I don't imagine this is an actual problem when it comes to designing the tools and mechanics.
This should be brought up with server hosts and players. This hypothetical scenario is very similar to one where if I were to join a super late game world that had all its grass, twigs, and berries dug up. Or one where they're all burnt, etc. Same thing, different context.

I personally struggle to design content around unfortunate player behaviors, if something can be seen as entirely abusive that's one thing, though I think these examples fall more so into players hands than they do the devs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, O Prea said:

- A pá pode ter a capacidade de coletar juncos, cactos e flores leves.@V2C

Captura de tela_1.png

I think it's fair for this shovel to be able to dig these items, as it is an item for the late game and for people who see a lot of difficulty in the game and who prefer to play with the lunar crevices active, I think this concept fits in with the proposal of you developers at klei.

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

This perk alone still wouldn't make the shovel worth it, but it'd be a very nice upside to it.

These resources are very powerful and not being able to relocate them was an intentional aspect.
Breaking this intentional change with an endgame item seems perfectly fitting as a reward for players who manage to trek that far.

And as others have put it... in most cases the need/demand for these resources is next to none by the time you obtain the shovel. At that point the relocation wouldn't be so game breaking and would instead serve nicely for decor and/or ease of life!

I'm avoiding to discuss the power of this perk,  now that you have mention it, i would like to state out me opinion:

for sure relocated these resource is very OP,so this perk should never been added to any tools even if the tool only crafted after CC. 

There is NO any operation worth the perk, it break the DST world as it should be, players would no longer visit the original site when those resources are relocated.

So there is nothing worth the perk.

But now so many of you want the perk, i think this perk should be never added to the gane. If must, designer should added it to the common shovel instead so any one could access it.

By the way, adding the perk to the lunar shovel don't mean players must defeat CC to get them. Changing the "rift enabled" in setting would make the rift appear in the first 5 days of the wotld. that means players could get the lunar shovel within 40 days.

That is to say: The limitation you envisioned(defeating CC)for this powerful perk can actually be easily avoided by changing settings. So adding this perk to a regular, golden, or moon shovel actually makes no difference.

13 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

or sure relocated these resource is very OP,so this perk should never been added to any tools even if the tool only crafted after CC. 

I don’t really understand why people think relocating “non-movable” resources post champion would be “OP”. Chances are you already have superior/almost superior alternatives (kelp in place of cactus, stone fruit in place of lichen, monkeytails are literally reeds, banana bushes are much easier to get then normal cave banana trees, etc.). I don’t see how this would be busted, especially if they do the normal transplanted resource penalty and make them require fertilizer after a few harvests.

13 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

By the way, adding the perk to the lunar shovel don't mean players must defeat CC to get them. Changing the "rift enabled" in setting would make the rift appear in the first 5 days of the wotld. that means players could get the lunar shovel within 40 days.

Changing the world settings specifically to enable the acquisition of rifts before you normally are supposed to kill champ is the equivalent of someone making a Terraria hardmode world and putting a new character there. Yes, you are going to access powerful equipment faster, because you specifically changed the settings to do so. The game should not be balanced around content “skips” like this, as I imagine this was specifically added so players didn’t need to fight the champ (either by choice or literally because they cannot due to caveless worlds).

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 8
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

I don’t really understand why people think relocating “non-movable” resources post champion would be “OP”. Chances are you already have superior/almost superior alternatives (kelp in place of cactus, stone fruit in place of lichen, monkeytails are literally reeds, banana bushes are much easier to get then normal cave banana trees, etc.). I don’t see how this would be busted, especially if they do the normal transplanted resource penalty and make them require fertilizer after a few harvests.

Changing the world settings specifically to enable the acquisition of rifts before you normally are supposed to kill champ is the equivalent of someone making a Terraria hardmode world and putting a new character there. Yes, you are going to access powerful equipment faster, because you specifically changed the settings to do so. The game should not be balanced around content “skips” like this, as I imagine this was specifically added so players didn’t need to fight the champ (either by choice or literally because they cannot due to caveless worlds).

Very good point. Also, if u choose to consider game settings, we can play always autumn, no hounds, no bosses, no rain. always day. :D There is no rules for that, your game, your rules. Also, megabasing is something created for keeping playing in the same map and using imagination. Anything is trully needed. This realocating content post CC by default just add to the game as a good survival reward. And again, people always can do what ever they want in terms of game settings or using mods, and its ok too.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

don’t really understand why people think relocating “non-movable” resources post champion would be “OP”.

so that is why i don't want to discuss the perk is OP or not, i state my opinion just because variant mentioned that. i think you should discuss with him instead.

players in this community always argue into the power of a item. They could state 100 reasons to support his opinion, but never could have change each other's mind, i don't  gonna argue this with you. maybe you should discuss with @-Variant to know his reasons.

my opinion is simple as below:

the perk is too OP that nothing worth the perk, it should never be added to the game.

if some of you have win the heart of designer, i would wish this perk be added to all kind of shovel because it make no difference between them

• Sanity 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, -Variant said:

the first time in proper DS history we've got entirely animated armors and equips

we already have animated thurible, torches and walking cane skins :) just to name few

Edited by Parusoid

24 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

we already have animated thurible, torches and walking cane skins :) just to name few

Doesn't count. Their "animation" is a separate particle, cane and torch are completely static.

Unsure about the thurible though. I know it slowly swings when on the ground, but I'm not sure if it also swings when held (probably not).

7 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Doesn't count. Their "animation" is a separate particle, cane and torch are completely static.

Unsure about the thurible though. I know it slowly swings when on the ground, but I'm not sure if it also swings when held (probably not).

it works the same way, animated child attached to static parent, there is no difference mechanically 

18 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Not quite true. Those aren't the equips actually being animated, those are separate prefabs being told to follow in place.
They can't properly rotate and follow along intricately, unlike the new systems recently introduced that allow for actual proper animation instead of two separate things following each other!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1