What do YOU want to see of wilson's history in his animated short

What do YOU want to see of wilson's history in his animated short  

100 members have voted

1. 1. as in what specifically would you be most interested in learning about

• His university days (as mentioned in loading screen text)
    • What led him to living out in the woods all by himself/Relationship with his family
    • Something taking place after he was taken to the constant (during DST)
    • Something taking place after he was taken to the constant (before DST))
    • Other (This was all i could think of. Comment your idea)

I feel like we already know a decent amount of Wilson's past. All the other characters got refreshes that expanded on how they got sent to the constant (except Woodie) but we already know that for Wilson so I'm hoping his relates to the story going forward.

I'd like to see the lore of Don't Starve solo expanded. We saw how he was stuck to the nightmare throne as seen in the Adventure but how long was he there? What was his story before adventure mode but after arriving at the constant? What caused the others to meet up instead of it just being solo forever?

I dont mind flashbacks of his past, but id like to see his short focus on him being the leader of whatever plan they have to escape the constant. Surely him and Max must be brainstorming an escape plan right?

Just now, sudoku said:

I dont mind flashbacks of his past, but id like to see his short focus on him being the leader of whatever plan they have to escape the constant. Surely him and Max must be brainstorming an escape plan right?

That could be interesting. Mixing the past and future. The two trying to figure out a plan and Wilson thinking on his past leads to a solution for their escape.

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That could be interesting. Mixing the past and future. The two trying to figure out a plan and Wilson thinking on his past leads to a solution for their escape.

Yes obviously a wrench will be thrown into their plan, probably by Charlie, but itd be neat to see what efforts they have made to leave since they built the portal and gathered everyone together (for us anyway, 6 years ago).

In fact id like to get updates on everyones lore and story beats at some point and see:

Wilson and Max working together to come up with an escape plan.

Winona offering tips based on what she knows about Wagstaffs portal.

Winona interacting with Wagstaff and figuring out wth he is doing.

Winona venturing out alone trying to reach Charlie.

Wortox being a trickster and giving them hints on how to escape but tied in riddles 'ala the Cheschire cat.

Wormwood make friends with Wurt and Wortox.

Most of the survivors reckoning with Max.

They have alot of stuff to cover lol but itd be all very interesting.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Who wins in a slappy hands fight between Maxwell and Wilson. 

Depends, if its slapping only wilson wins, but if maxwell's chin is allowed maxwell will wipe the floor with wilson.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

d8tjnb7-e2ab6749-a6c1-4420-850b-2821701d

Maxwell closes his eyes for a brief second, that could cost him the fight. 

3 minutes ago, Spep said:

Depends, if its slapping only wilson wins, but if maxwell's chin is allowed maxwell will wipe the floor with wilson.

Idk chin seems like an illegal move. Unless Maxwell wants murder on his hands, he won't use it.

I think that Wilson has something to do with the 1910 Exposition Universelle briefly shown in Winona's corkboard, mostly because I feel that those two puzzle pieces (Wilson's backstory/background and whatever the 1910 Exposition Universelle is being mentioned for) are ones that best fit each other. 

A full view of Winona's corkboard in a Rhymes with Play livestream. In the bottom-middle of the screen, a poster can be seen for the Exposition Universelle of 1910.

Wilson is a self-proclaimed scientist; the fair was a showcase worldwide progress in fields like the arts and sciences.
Wilson is likely an English Immigrant; the fair suffered a fire that mostly affected the English section of the fair.

I admit, it's less out of a desire to see more of Wilson's past and more of a desire to resolve those lingering threads with one stone. Not only would we know why that fair was mentioned in the first place, but we'd have a solid and meaningful connection to Wilson's past. In fact, this could act as the way to connect several characters' stories before they ever meet. To start—who caused the fire?

If I were to choose from one of the current options, I would like to see his adventure through Solo Don't Starve. Although Wilson is one of the last to be taken from Earth, he's presented as one of the most experienced survivors, having been through many realms and having been very acquainted with Maxwell's games. We've seen Wilson make many discoveries while going to the end of each world (and the end of his sanity), and it would be VERY exciting to see one such discovery play into the upcoming arc.

(Side note: Wilson was taken in 1921, while both Winona and Wagstaff were taken in 1919. Because Winona is confirmed to canonically arrive after Wilson, Earth's timeline and The Constant's timeline cannot be parallel to each other with these current dates. I think that a non-parallel relationship this makes it possible—and makes it make sense—for Wilson to be the first survivor to be taken by Maxwell in The Constant's timeline while also being the last in Earth's timeline.)

1 hour ago, MrSoratori said:

Im not even sure if he will get a rework in the first place :v 

He is; Klei confirmed the number of reworks being released this year and it accounts for him. They also implied that Wilson would be the last one, but plans can change.

I think a short showing how much he suffered going through Maxwell's door only for him to be punished more would be fantastic.

To me he's one of those tragic characters that can never catch a break. Everyone else in the constant has some kind of power, or talent (even Wes) but Wilson is just... A guy. 

But even despite the fact that he's just a guy, he's the one who managed to free Maxwell. I want to see him die and die over again, but just to come back and try again, just for a small hope of coming home. That is what defines Wilson for me, not the fact that he's a "Scientist".

10 hours ago, Evelo said:

I'd like to see the lore of Don't Starve solo expanded. We saw how he was stuck to the nightmare throne as seen in the Adventure but how long was he there? What was his story before adventure mode but after arriving at the constant? What caused the others to meet up instead of it just being solo forever?

We "kind of" know that he was on Nightmare Throne for less than 4 days because he didn't had a beard by the time Charlie saved him

15 hours ago, Evelo said:

What caused the others to meet up instead of it just being solo forever?

This was explained with the Cyclum comics/puzzles.

Whatever form his animation takes, I'd like to see something in the present time. A bit of forward momentum for the old main character, at the end of all the character flashbacks.

Archived