"The End is Nigh" is poo, buff it please

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have the absolute craziest suggestion for end is nigh change.. this book can be seen as very harmful trolling to other human players due to the strobe effect flashing of light known to cause physical seizures to some people- HOWEVER what I want to purpose is something new.. something unique, but also still let’s her harness the powers of lightning.

what if she had like a one way boomerang wave effect (pretty much about the same colors as Webbers nurse spiders doing the healing ground pound attack) she could fling out this wave of lightning to charge mobs or structures with electricity.. such as Volt Goats, Lightning Rods, WX78, Winona’s Generators, Boat Canons.. you name it.

Now why did a specifically mention boat canons? Well.. there’s an autopilot device in the game for boats now which are technically like magnets that pull boats toward one another, and if Wicker was able to fire out an Arch of lightning to hit a canon on a boat that’s being autopiloted behind the one she’s driving.. she could effectively trigger firing a canon from a distance.

OR combining Birds of The World with Sleepy Time Stories and the End is Neigh would land birds on screen, put them to sleep then send out a tidal wave of lightning turning them all into cooked morsels.

And sorry @Scrimbles It would still require reading the library books you despise so much and claim bring nothing to her character.

Because no one else will say it:

Shut up Mike.

image.thumb.png.58dd5619113bbe7e29a0b487b5e53e19.png

What if End is Nigh had an effect similar to what Volt Goat Chaud-Froid does, something like decreasing the lightning damage a lot and making the damage jump between enemies electrifying them all and paralyzing for a very short time to be distinguishable from Warly's version.

5 minutes ago, xhyom said:

What if End is Nigh had an effect similar to what Volt Goat Chaud-Froid does, something like decreasing the lightning damage a lot and making the damage jump between enemies electrifying them all and paralyzing for a very short time to be distinguishable from Warly's version.

@SonicDen220 :wilsoalmostangelic:

Maybe it can be buffed this way: lightning that strikes trees can set them on fire, but also slice a piece of wood off the trees. Each lightning strike has 40% chance to slice a log off a tree and 40% chance a charcoal off a tree. A strike also causes damage equivalent to 5 (maybe 10) axe-chops to trees, so eventually trees will fall apart into their chopped form. The chopping damage can also hurt marble trees and stone fruits and boulders.

I'm inspired by trees struck by lightning in real life.

1 hour ago, thesooz9000 said:

Wow i never realized how mad people could get over the end is nigh... not ever since the incident on that one pub.

because it's literal and only purpose is to charge lightning rod/WX (after WX's rework - only lightning rod).

45 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

because it's literal and only purpose is to charge lightning rod/WX (after WX's rework - only lightning rod).

Well yes.. but what was its purpose in single player Dont starve where you couldn’t have WX to charge? Did that book even exist in solo DS? Admit-ably I did not play a lot of Wicker in Solo DS so I couldn’t accurately tell you if End is Nigh existed in that game OR what it’s purpose was for if it did..

But what I do know is that it’s a book meant to summon lightning and Klei could probably get very creative with that, I suggested a Lightning tidal wave earlier, but.. having played Injustice 2 the character Black Lightning/Raiden literally has an Electrical Ability to box enemies inside of an electrical field making them unable to move or use attacks on you for a short period of time (think Stunlock effect) Klei could rework this book to do something like THAT.. but ultimately- it’s a book for conjuring Lightning and it should have a fun use for her.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

But what I do know is that it’s a book meant to summon lightning and Klei could probably get very creative with that, I suggested a Lightning tidal wave earlier, but.. having played Injustice 2 the character Black Lightning/Raiden literally has an Electrical Ability to box enemies inside of an electrical field making them unable to move or use attacks on you for a short period of time (think Stunlock effect) Klei could rework this book to do something like THAT.. but ultimately- it’s a book for conjuring Lightning and it should have a fun use for her.

Why must you constantly compare DST to every single other game you play no matter how different they are genre wise. 
Wickerbottom is not Raiden.

I agree that The End is Nigh could use some reworking but I'm sure Klei could find something creative and unique to do rather than just emulating/copying some other games mechanic regardless of how fitting it may or may not be. 

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Why must you constantly compare DST to every single other game you play no matter how different they are genre wise. 
Wickerbottom is not Raiden.

I agree that The End is Nigh could use some reworking but I'm sure Klei could find something creative and unique to do rather than just emulating/copying some other games mechanic regardless of how fitting it may or may not be. 

Because acrossed the millions of movies, games and Tv shows you can watch in your existence- you will eventually be able to draw similarities within everything. I did not say to copy it frame for frame.. I just stated it’s a pretty cool idea.. and when your character gets struck by lightning in Dont Starve Together they jolt up into the air with bones and hair sticking up (Aka Stunlock) 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because acrossed the millions of movies, games and Tv shows you can watch in your existence- you will eventually be able to draw similarities within everything. I did not say to copy it frame for frame.. I just stated it’s a pretty cool idea.. and when your character gets struck by lightning in Dont Starve Together they jolt up into the air with bones and hair sticking up (Aka Stunlock) 

Yeah an occasional comparision for sure is great and can lead to an interesting discussion.

You compare DST on an almost daily basis to seemingly every single other game, film, show, book etc in your life regardless of how extremely different that other thing may be and also regardless of what the target audience of that other media might be or how incompatible it might be with the entire DST aesthetic, lore or gameplay. You've asked for direct Marvel skins before...

You get stunned not stunlocked. "To render (a character) unable to move or react by repeatedly hitting them and keeping them in a stunned state." <- That is stunlocked. Lightning simply stuns you briefly it does not lock you and prevent you from doing anything else indefinitely. 

I'm just saying maybe don't compare DST to literally everything else you play or watch.

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It is also a long lasting light source via lightning rods. She has so many books now, every single one doesn't need to be all encompassing and meta defining. 

believe it or not a middle ground does in fact exist between "completely useless" and "meta defining"

It really doesn't need to change. I'm happy the old books didn't change, as not everything needs a super obvious purpose. And surely the new books will make up for any utility lacking in the old ones.

Archived