Non-renewable Resource

2 hours ago, Last_epilogue said:

beefalo horn

I witnessed a couple of worlds where all beefalo were exterminated and yes, they can effectively go extinct.
However the world regrowth will make a random beefalo pop somewhere, eventually, so "technically" they don't go extinct forever, but in practice, it seems like they do to be honest.
In this specific world, with default settings on beefalo and no mods making modifications to them or the worldgen, They didn't respawn for more than 300 days (I had admin rights and just console created 2 on the savannas where they originally were, after the beefalo count was still 0 for 300 days of them gone)

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

However the world regrowth will make a random beefalo pop somewhere, eventually, so "technically" they don't go extinct forever, but in practice, it seems like they do to be honest.

Is this true? I've never heard of nor experienced this before.

Just now, meow meow meow said:

Is this true? I've never heard of nor experienced this before.

Maybe it's an "endless" thing only? I play on endless servers mostly, and I do know they come back, but it takes a looong time it seems. No idea if on survival worlds they come back.

Rock Lobsters (Might respawn when Fuelweaver is defeated I honestly don't know.)
Spider Dens (the ones that spawn spider queen (Yes you can make them as webber but that requires celestial portal which I dont like to use)
Merms (when not wurt, yes you can use the celestial portal but i dont like it so I dont use it.)
Pigs (If you manage to destroy all pig skin) (Can be obtained from the Lunar Event with the Staff)
Catcoons (though they might have made them renewable in the Year of the Catcoon update, i dont remember)
Kelp Fronds (Rare chance from Ocean Debris)
Lunar Spider Dens
Saplings, Grass Tufts, Berry Bushes (in Survival worlds)
Moleworms (Occasionally drops from Earthquakes)
Slurper Pelts (Unless they respawn with fuelweaver defeat)
Spiky Bushes
Fossils (How you permanently lose them though idk)
Bunny Puff

Just now, Hornete said:

While stupidly rare, the little muddy flotsams that you can fish up have a chance for a bull kelp root

Today I learned! In all my hours never found one, good to know though.

23 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Pigs (If you manage to destroy all pig skin)

Moon rocks, living logs, nightmare fuel, and gems are all completely renewable so you can always get pig skin from the moonstone event then use that to make houses. 

24 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Moleworms

They fall from the sky during earthquakes and I think might be in tumbleweeds. 

40 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Pigs (If you manage to destroy all pig skin)

technically you can decon footbal helmets from the maze chest

41 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Catcoons (though they might have made them renewable in the Year of the Catcoon update, i dont remember)

they made it, so they are renewable

42 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Moleworms (Might be wrong dunno)

earthquakes and catcoons spawn a lot of them and you can dupe them with moggles

i think spiky bushes arent renewable which is a shame cuz they look cool in certain builds

46 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Rock Lobsters (Might respawn when Fuelweaver is defeated I honestly don't know.)
Spider Dens (the ones that spawn spider queen (Yes you can make them as webber but that requires celestial portal which I dont like to use)
Merms (when not wurt, yes you can use the celestial portal but i dont like it so I dont use it.)
Pigs (If you manage to destroy all pig skin) (Can be obtained from the Lunar Event with the Staff)
Kelp Fronds (Rare chance from Ocean Debris)
Lunar Spider Dens
Saplings, Grass Tufts, Berry Bushes (in Survival worlds)
Moleworms (Occasionally drops from Earthquakes)
Slurper Pelts (Unless they respawn with fuelweaver defeat)

Sluper Pelts are renewable through Fuel Weaver.

I'm still mad i can't get bunny puffs in my nothing world.
Even if they had some convoluted way of getting them like deconstructing a fur roll from a winter feast gift (though it would be a bit dumb to get another bed for sleeping to get more gifts).
Up until the last update cactus wasn't renewable, and it was needed for Celestial champion. Now they only have fossils left (for key items).

6 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

Spilagmites. Leave at least 1 spilagmite for future Webbers.

You can get spitters and cave spiders by hammering ancient pseudoscience stations and befriend them for the cookie recipes.
The moonglass spiders are indeed non renewable as someone else mentioned.
I know because i usually mine EVERY stallagmite and spillagmites in my worlds to get the most amount of fossils lol

Tallbirds - For some reason their nests are (or were before) destructible. I believe mine were destroyed by meteors or they caught aflame, I have no idea. All I know is that I've been Tallbirdless for over 5000 days, I'm still hopeful they will add them to world regrowth somehow or make Smallbirds lay nests when they are fully grown. Lucky I saved a single tallbird egg somehow, might have it in a chest during the first few days they were still there, my most prized possession in that world.

Live Mandrakes - All the ways to acquire mandrakes bring them back dead. Something I wanted to change forever was deconstructing a pan flute during dusk/night would give you a live mandrake instead of a dead one.

Bee/Killer Bee Hives - Though you can craft bee boxes, bee hives are definitely non renewable.

Anenemies - Also non renewable, wish they were included in the loot pool for sunken chests, that'd be great.

Spiky Trees - If you chop them all down I'm not sure if they are in world regrowth pool, their stumps also doesn't disappear after some time, which is weird for a tree. Too bad I love their looks when they are burned down, fits well around Dragonfly desert.

Leafy Berry Bushes - This one if not already spawned in the world is impossible to acquire new ones. My wilderness world I have never seen one even after 5k days.

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Tallbirds 

Tallbird nests are destructible and you can literally burn them with a torch so meteor shower can remove them too.

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Live Mandrakes

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Bee/Killer Bee Hives

Live mandrakes and bee/killer bee hives are not needed, once you make beeboxes you can just kill the bees from there for stingers and there is a lot of bee hives around the world and if you need more honeycomb just kill bee queen on respawn, this is worth doing just for jellybeans anyway but if you are playing Wanda it depends since you can't use jellybeans yourself.

bee hives and killer bee hives while they can be used for decoration i much prefer the beeboxes we can craft because of the skins.

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Anenemies

There are some very specific uses for it that it would kind of be needed but there's usually too much unless you have one greedy guy take all of them when he doesn't have a use for that many.

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Spiky Trees

They are not renewable and i agree they look nice and it would be great if we could have them for decoration.

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Leafy Berry Bushes 

Same with spiky trees, they can be used for decoration.

3 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

The moonglass spiders are indeed non renewable as someone else mentioned.

Well, if we're counting events, you can wait until or enable Hallowed Nights and use the moon experiment to turn a spider into a shattered spider.

Stone fruit bushes would probably be unrenewable if it weren't for the Grotto in the caves dropping stone fruits in its earthquakes.

Archived