Should Klei do community vote event?

Should Klei do community vote event?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei do community vote event?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

> We choose one from the three option

If it will be like with Minecraft mob votes - I'll pass, cuz this will cause even more controversy when two other events will lose (I'm already fed up with Wanda, Wolfgang rework, WX's gender and Wurt arguments, thanks).

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

> We choose one from the three option

If it will be like with Minecraft mob votes - I'll pass, cuz this will cause even more controversy when two other events will lose (I'm already fed up with Wanda, Wolfgang rework, WX's gender and Wurt arguments, thanks).

That why I said it should be for minor thing like design and lore not what character should be add.

17 minutes ago, Waoling said:

That why I said it should be for minor thing like design and lore

what's the point? to update one thing's design and other's not? to expand a lore for one thing but not for other?

If Klei decide by themselves what to add and what to not add, players won't feel like they lost or missed something. And knowing Klei, they would do this to fit most, if not all the players (most of the times).

(I'm not talking about unofficial character reworks votes, because all characters will be reworked sooner or later, we just choose which one will arrive faster.)

10 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Maybe to choose an order of updates minor things. Like update pigman or merm. Rabbits or moleworms.

Or voting for skins. So community can choose between skins for different items. We could choose not skins as is, but item for its.

I would love it! Its not too major but also impactful so no matter there wont be much lost.

48 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I have never seen an instance where developers let people vote and it made people happy. 

I've never seen an instance where people voted and developers were happy being boxed in, speaking from experience.

13 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I have never seen an instance where developers let people vote and it made people happy. 

Fan of Amplitude studio studio seem to be fine when their vote didn't sure there some discourse hut that only happen with big and important vote like lore reveal.

12 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

I've never seen an instance where people voted and developers were happy being boxed in, speaking from experience.

Amplitude studio have an entire section in their forum about voting and they seem to be happy about it.

1 minute ago, Waoling said:

Fan of Amplitude studio studio seem to be fine when their vote didn't sure there some discourse hut that only happen with big and important vote like lore reveal.

Amplitude studio have an entire section in their forum about voting and they seem to be happy about it.

Just because we know of a case of community voting content that fans and developers liked doesn't mean other fans/developers would be happy about it.

15 hours ago, Duck986 said:

what's the point? to update one thing's design and other's not? to expand a lore for one thing but not for other?

If Klei decide by themselves what to add and what to not add, players won't feel like they lost or missed something. And knowing Klei, they would do this to fit most, if not all the players (most of the times).

(I'm not talking about unofficial character reworks votes, because all characters will be reworked sooner or later, we just choose which one will arrive faster.)

No, more like we vote for what we want them to focus more on in term of lore and I don't mean updating design I mean like we get to choose what design we want, what would be the character or mob abilities, and what their backstory is not every time they add something new that mean we should vote it.

2 hours ago, Waoling said:

No, more like we vote for what we want them to focus more on in term of lore and I don't mean updating design I mean like we get to choose what design we want, what would be the character or mob abilities, and what their backstory is not every time they add something new that mean we should vote it.

I think devs should choose what to focus on. Yes, we are their fans, but we also play their game. Like Scrimbles said, limiting yourself around your own product is not (always) a good idea.

If most players choose one design/lore expansion of X of them, other people will be enraged because they didn't get what they wanted.

If we let devs (especially Klei) to choose what to do (they have a better understanding of their game than players because they are the ones who made it, k?), it won't cause controversy because of no choice from players' side. But knowing Klei, they would do their best to fit their content to most players (and make it moddable for a smaller part).

Considering that when Klei gave us the option to vote on the games vignettes some people intentionally voted for the frames that did not even show the character on screen- giving players the freedom to vote on stuff opens the game up to the highest form of trolling possible.

Personally I would have loved some of the other vignette choices that did NOT make it into the game.. but the community voted- so now we have a few characterless frames, the silver lining in that though is Klei actually added those to the game AND gave them a cool lore description anyway. So obviously the answer is no.

But if we get to vote on rather or not Walani will ever become a playable character in DST forget everything I just said- the answer is Yes.

Yes, I think it is a good idea, I wish for a community skin event, or a way to choose a DS boss to be part of DST.
For people who think that a vote event will be dramatic, just take a look at the beta forum with all the people trying to sell heir ideas, some of them are chosen other ones not, and no one is crying.

Dst YouTubers can already influence a lot of the communities opinions if we were to do anything like this and one of the accidentally or purposefully told their opinion/asked people to vote for one thing it could scew the the results (glowsquid flashbacks)

Never, no matter how insignificant the features picked may be, Dextops said exactly what I had on my mind while replying, There's nothing wrong with how they are doing things right now, although I'd love community CONTESTS for setpieces to be added, we are really lacking setpieces at the moment it's not really special for experienced players to find anything interesting on a boon or finding any other setpiece, adventure mode has so many amazing setpieces that would work nicely in DST.

16 hours ago, Dextops said:

Dst YouTubers can already influence a lot of the communities opinions if we were to do anything like this and one of the accidentally or purposefully told their opinion/asked people to vote for one thing it could scew the the results (glowsquid flashbacks)

Now I want this in the game

17 hours ago, Dextops said:

good thing im not as easy to manipulate then, and bring myself my own opinion, as i allways do

Archived