[Game Update] - Public Testing 509101

• Developer

Hi everyone!

Today's patch for the public testing branch has a bunch of fixes we wanted to get in for the weekend.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Changed Cooked Sea Meat back to Cooked Seafood. 
    • Changed "Picky Eater: Hungry" status item strings for clarity.
    • Added another Blank Canvas artwork.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Added sound for Rover's new climb anim.
    • Changed “Radiation Resistant: Seafood” to "Radiation Resistant: Aquatic Diet”.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed issue where Duplicants could become entombed in floor tiles if multiple Duplicants built tiles in the same area.
    • Fixed issue causing Sanishells to instantly kill all germs on a single cell. Their germ consumption rate is now limited. This will only affect new Sanishells.
    • Fixed issue causing English Primo Garb strings to show when other translations are active.
    • Primo Garb delivered in care packages now shows proper art during delivery, and names in UI.
    • Fixed Shearing Station animation synchronization. 
    • Fixed Duplicant speech not syncing well with mouth flaps.
    • Fixed Duplicant footstep sounds out of sync.
    • Fixed plant atmosphere tooltip for Waterweed and Thimble Reed.
    • Clarified Space Heater not working in a vacuum tooltip.
    • Fixed crash that could occur when a critter dies.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed Land rockets stuck having reached their destination but never landed.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur if a Duplicant died while peeing.
    • Fixed crash entering Temporal Tear related to rocket restrictions.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1

39 minutes ago, Nascarlaser1 said:

When the new update drops on the full public branch, will colonies need to be reset to access the new items? (I'm assuming the answer is yes but doesn't hurt to ask :wilson_ecstatic:)

No, I think you only need to reset when worldgen has changed something.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Changed Cooked Sea Meat back to Cooked Seafood. 

In my previous post, I used the example of a conflict with radiation resistant, but that is not the original problem.
The problem cannot be solved by using the generic term "cooked" and "Seafood".

"cooked" and "seafood" is a broad definition.
"Sea meat" is uncool.

The proposal is based on the above elements:
Rollback to previous recipe.
"Pacu Fillet" to "Cooked Fish"
Introduction of new recipes (and additions to Codex).
"Raw Shellfish" to "Cooked Shellfish"
"Barbecue" and "Cooked Fish" to "Surf'n'Turf"
"Barbecue" and "Cooked Shellfish" to "Surf'n'Turf"
Process where the same thing can be made from a different recipe as a precedent is applicable to exosuit.
Graphics also do not matter unless "Cooked Fish" is cooked into "Surf'n'Turf".(Probably acceptable.)

Apologies for my rudeness if this is not a problem in English-speaking countries.

Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

Spoiler

以前の投稿では放射能耐性との競合を例に出しましたが本来の問題ではありません。
"cooked" "seafood"という一般的な用語を使用している時点で問題は解消できません。

・seafoodは広い定義である。
・sea meatはダサい。

以上の要素を踏まえての提案:
前のレシピへのロールバック。
"Pacu Fillet" to "Cooked Fish"
新たなレシピ(可能ならCodexへの追記も)の導入。
"Raw Shellfish" to "Cooked Shellfish"
"Barbecue" and "Cooked Fish" to "Surf'n'Turf"
"Barbecue" and "Cooked Shellfish" to "Surf'n'Turf"
前例として違うレシピから同じものが出来るプロセスはexosuitが該当します。
グラフィックも"Cooked Fish"が"Surf'n'Turf"に調理された場合以外は問題になりません。(おそらく許容されるでしょう)

英語圏では問題にはならないのなら失礼をお詫びします。

R.I.P the Pre Mergedown build was removed from beta.

The one that i was playing often due to lack of annoying "balance" changes , no new bugs and much better performance than the stable build.

Suprisingly the manual backup works without issues so far..

Didn't think it was that simple to rollback hmm.

Edited by ALCRD

55 minutes ago, Sanchozz said:

It's still there

Oh my bad so it was hidden. (Requires code). Cause my game auto updated to stable build today.

Good enough but at least i know that manually backuping entire game also works.

It seems that the pack is in the final polish stage now. Does it mean we won't see Plugslug morph...? Nor new rec buildings potentialy suggestted in DLC announcing post? I was so hyped when I saw new animations there: 

18 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Added another Blank Canvas artwork.

Is it too late to nicely request artwork selection screen (same as Monument has) for paintings and sculptures? Pretty please, with grubfruit on top? 

19 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Fixed issue where Duplicants could become entombed in floor tiles if multiple Duplicants built tiles in the same area.

Good. Had one of these just yesterday. But I had another one yesterday too, namely Meep being stuck but not really. When I ordered the tile deconstructed, he did it himself. Not sure what happened there.

I've been noticing some animation bugs in the beta branch.  Specifically, the I have noticed the rock crusher and microbe musher animation continues even when duplicants are no longer interacting with the machine.  As far as I can tell, this is purely a graphical issue, and these machines are not consuming power or creating things.  I'll make a more detailed video if this is an unknown new bug.

Edited by Zarquan

@Zarquan This has been there for at least all new stuff in the fast friends, I'm not up to date with bug reports, but it seems it may need one...

On 5/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, JRup said:

The advanced-gumball-pachinko-thingmajig, otherwise know as the Molecular Forge, also presents this behavior.

@Caesium: You should consider this as a great opportunity to file a bug report...

2 hours ago, JRup said:

@Zarquan This has been there for at least all new stuff in the fast friends, I'm not up to date with bug reports, but it seems it may need one...

Oh, I guess I just didn't notice.  I guess I am using the rock crusher and microbe musher more in my current run (going for carnivore and locavore), and I never got around to using the molecular forge in my last colony before this one.

Edited by Zarquan
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, JarrettM said:

Added another Blank Canvas artwork.

Okay it might be because I just woke up but like...what does this mean? :wilson_curious:

Edit: Never mind I found out what it means

0_painting_art_g_000.png.5125a971d549cf231a2afb37efe8471b.png0_painting_art_f_000.png.2ae41e4bae7822d6bdf2554614bab228.png

Edited by watermelen671
I'm dumb...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Okay it might be because I just woke up but like...what does this mean? :wilson_curious:

Edit: Never mind I found out what it means

0_painting_art_g_000.png.5125a971d549cf231a2afb37efe8471b.png0_painting_art_f_000.png.2ae41e4bae7822d6bdf2554614bab228.png

Likely a reference to Einstein sticking his tongue out on the left. No sure about the right one but likely a bull riding reference.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 4