[Game Update] - Public Testing 507408

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today's patch to the public testing branch includes some changes to Cuddle Pip balance, fixes for UI bugs, and some animation and string changes. You can see the full patch notes below.

Thank you again for checking out the public testing branch! Have a great weekend.

• Changes and Improvements
    • All versions
      • All localization updates
      • Cuddle Pips can be passively hugged if the last time they asked for one they did not receive a hug.
      • Banshee no longer plays screaming locomotion animation when under 100% stress. Replaced with new animation between 60 and 100% stress.
      • Added shorter and less frequent sneeze animation to Hot Stuff effect.
      • Renamed Cuddle Pip Hugged effect to Cuddled to differentiate from the Hugged effect Duplicants receive.
      • Renamed "Cooked Seafood" to "Cooked Sea Meat" to distinguish from Radiation Resistant: Seafood ingredients in Spaced Out.
      • Right clicking now closes the Skills Table Screen unless the cursor is over a priority box, in which case the priority is decremented.
  • Fixes
    • All versions
      • Fixed issue where sometimes a Duplicant and Cuddle Pip were not facing the same direction when hugging.
      • Fixed issue causing top left management menu buttons to be hidden behind some full screen UIs.
      • Fixed issue preventing some UI screens from respecting user scale settings.

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

sea meat sounds kinda lame.  seafood sounds better imo but i understand if it's for context.  i'm glad the cuddle pips can cuddle even without being hugged though

are you guys doing anything with world gen?  i am playing with a few mods but i don't think any mess with world gen

Spoiler

V-OASIS-C-944706259-0    it has the geodes and large boulders traits fwiw.  would it be better if i put this in a bug report or something?

image.thumb.png.f107a35465a22ac1d0240e2d8add39b7.pngimage.png.209597c723d2984a7ad38c24af0e8cb6.png

• Like 1

• Developer
12 minutes ago, zach123b said:

are you guys doing anything with world gen?  i am playing with a few mods but i don't think any mess with world gen

Reveal hidden contents

That's not a bug. The Geodes trait can generate Neutronium geodes out of the 15 possible elements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

Renaming the seafood, while the new name IS odd, seems like a perfect opportunity to expand on different types of Seafood and Sushi. Already have plenty of ingredients/options to combine. We can already make Tofu, even, for vegetarian Sushi options!

• Like 2

Combining the cooked products of Pacu and Sanishells is a mistake when there's a clear and delightful opportunity to introduce crab patties.

"Cooked Sea Meat" isn't exactly appetizing sounding, being just barely better than "Hot Fish".

• Like 3

I would suggest checking this out first, it comes from comments on 507045 might give a little more context on the cooked SeaMeat origin...

On 5/11/2022 at 12:56 AM, Keith Smithee said:

The Nested Seafood Problem

"Seafood" is defined as radiation resistant in the "Spaced Out!" game.
(Lettuce, Pacu Fillet and derivatives).
The newly added term "Cooked Seafood" can also refer to these foods, thus creating a nesting problem.
ex. Mushroom Wrap,Surf'n'Turf,Frost Burger = "Cooked" Seafood
 "Cooked" Lettuce = Cooked Seafood
Can we create some other word that is easier to understand?

Apologies for my rudeness if this is not a problem in English-speaking countries.

Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

Reveal hidden contents

入れ子のシーフード問題

"Spaced Out!"ゲーム内においては放射能耐性としての定義「シーフード」が存在します。
(Lettuce,Pacu Filletおよび派生食品)
新たに付けられた単語"Cooked Seafood"ではこれらの食品も示す事ができるために入れ子の問題が発生します。
例としてMushroom Wrap,Surf'n'Turf,Frost Burger = "Cooked" Seafood
 "Cooked" Lettuce = Cooked Seafood
何か理解しやすい別の単語を作ることはできないでしょうか?

英語圏では問題にはならないのなら失礼をお詫びします。

457140_20220511152649_1.thumb.png.31856269145f42c7dc07454020e4927d.png

• Like 1

Why didn't pokeshells previously share any food items?   

Was it b/c they're just shellfish? :wilson_cool:

Also, if you're looking to expand the uses of nosh beans, but don't introduce a recipe for a poke bowl, using crabmeat from from Pokes (nosh beans could be there as an edamame equivalent), that'd seem like a real missed opportunity.

Edited by Brian.oni
  • Like 1