[Game Update] - Public Testing 507045

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today’s update to the Public Testing branch contains some improvements to the update’s work-in-progress content, and fixes for issues we saw over the weekend. Patch notes below!  

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Updated the heat art for the Sanishell heat status
    • Removed Sanishell passive germ killing and added a germ killing behavior state
    • Revised artwork of Cooked Seafood and Surf’n’Turf
    • Edited Tonic Root database entry to remove reference to gassiness and add more descriptive content
    • Edited Curried Beans’ Hot Stuff effect to hint at athletics buff
    • Added recipe descriptions to recipe details screen
    • Food recipes now list attribute modifiers in food product effect tooltips
    • Added new 'sing' mouth flap art and animation
    • Added Random Primo Garb to Care Packages table
    • Added info about Clothing Refashionator to Snazzy Suit 
    • Changed the seed art the Pip and Cuddle Pip spit out when burying a seed to a generic hairball-covered object
    • Added creature egg Attacking status item, different from the Protecting status item (may attack) 
    • Cuddle Pip changes
      • Increased frequency of asking for hugs after failing to receive one
      • Waiting for hug lasts 60s instead of 30s
      • Increased Cuddle Pip decor
      • Added Hugged stress relief effect to a Duplicant receiving a hug
      • Decreased amount of space required to not feel overcrowded
      • Added sound for hugging spree effect

Fixes

• All versions
    • Insulated the Glass Forge output storage to prevent extreme temperatures, which previously resulted in forming a frozen tile or scalding Duplicants
    • Fixed crash when destroying a Duplicant with Sandbox destroy tool
    • Fixed worldgen hang generating a second save in a session
    • Fixed Germ overlay losing the pattern texture
    • Removed strings referring to Sanishell adults/babies dropping molt 
    • Removed unused Sushi from the game
    • Fixed issue preventing Consumables screen from updating when new consumable items are discovered
    • Fixed issue causing some Duplicant portraits to render incorrectly in table screens
    • Fixed issue causing build menu to occasionally expand to the incorrect size when using the 'Copy Building' button
    • Serenaded effect persists on save/load and correctly expires after a cycle
    • Yodeler will have golden note fx for the duration of the joy reaction
    • Yodeler will play default singing animations when able to speak
    • Fixed Cuddle Pip's mouth changing to base Pip's mouth after planting a seed
    • Plug Slugs no longer generate overheat warnings at night
    • Gamepad and Steam Deck
      • Fixed issue that could prevent smooth transition from mouse to gamepad-based cursor input.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed a Plug Slug crash that could happen when it stopped generating power
    • Fixed a crash using the Destroy Sandbox tool on sleeping Plug Slugs

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Insulated the Glass Forge output storage to prevent extreme temperatures, which previously resulted in forming a frozen tile or scalding Duplicants

Thanks guys ! Better late than never :p 

One less on the checklist ^^

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

4 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Cuddle Pip changes
      • Increased frequency of asking for hugs after failing to receive one

Cuddle pips still won't ask for hugs if missed. It seems like the cuddle pip can't trigger the next asking instead of the waiting time being so long, which would work correctly once after save/load. Could you have a check for it?

Nice, some much needed Cuddle Pips buffs!

Hopefully the Delecta Vole will receive a buff as well (possibly indirect, just making Tonic Root more useful might be enough).

Is it me or did Curried Beans visual change as well?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Revised artwork of Cooked Seafood and Surf’n’Turf

The Nested Seafood Problem

"Seafood" is defined as radiation resistant in the "Spaced Out!" game.
(Lettuce, Pacu Fillet and derivatives).
The newly added term "Cooked Seafood" can also refer to these foods, thus creating a nesting problem.
ex. Mushroom Wrap,Surf'n'Turf,Frost Burger = "Cooked" Seafood
 "Cooked" Lettuce = Cooked Seafood
Can we create some other word that is easier to understand?

Apologies for my rudeness if this is not a problem in English-speaking countries.

Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

Spoiler

入れ子のシーフード問題

"Spaced Out!"ゲーム内においては放射能耐性としての定義「シーフード」が存在します。
(Lettuce,Pacu Filletおよび派生食品)
新たに付けられた単語"Cooked Seafood"ではこれらの食品も示す事ができるために入れ子の問題が発生します。
例としてMushroom Wrap,Surf'n'Turf,Frost Burger = "Cooked" Seafood
 "Cooked" Lettuce = Cooked Seafood
何か理解しやすい別の単語を作ることはできないでしょうか?

英語圏では問題にはならないのなら失礼をお詫びします。

457140_20220511152649_1.thumb.png.31856269145f42c7dc07454020e4927d.png

9 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Updated the heat art for the Sanishell heat status
  • Removed Sanishell passive germ killing and added a germ killing behavior state

good to see feedback being implemented to the game, thanks! However - I wasn't able to notice that animation, is there a specific thing to trigger it or is it a missing SMI transition?

Also, please don't forget to add Plug Slug morph

9 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Cuddle Pip changes

good changes, thanks! It seems dupes can hug pips only during free time, is that intentional?

Edited by pether

25 minutes ago, pether said:

It seems dupes can hug pips only during free time, is that intentional?

Would you like them to drop the really hot rock they are carrying if they happen to meet a pip and want a hug while passing by? :rolleyes: 

Please don't let dupes interrupt their tasks.. Dupe will need to have a little more free time for pip hugs. It seems fair to me :-D

4 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Would you like them to drop the really hot rock they are carrying if they happen to meet a pip and want a hug while passing by?

Maybe not drop things, but I imagined that to something similar to dupes talking to each other, etc, while during their work.

I mean - I don't say it must be during work as well, I was just wondering what was the intention

11 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Fixed issue preventing Consumables screen from updating when new consumable items are discovered

I wonder if we will ever get a fix for how the consumables screen keeps resetting to the left. There’s no way to toggle higher level food items unless you pause the game.

Sorry if its a out of topic. But, can we get something other than legendary

Spoiler

office mug

From the 2nd and so on space artifacts? It just not feel rewarding to run around space and still get a same artifact. Maybe artifact we get base on distance or random base on rarity.

Sorry for my bad english tho

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BezKa said:

That's adorable! 

How did you trigger it? does it work only in the water? What tile does it remove germs from? if the bottom one and it must be a liquid, then we won't be able to remove germs from the gases, like the slimelung or zombie spores, the ones that you would really like to remove

24 minutes ago, pether said:

How did you trigger it? does it work only in the water? What tile does it remove germs from? if the bottom one and it must be a liquid, then we won't be able to remove germs from the gases, like the slimelung or zombie spores, the ones that you would really like to remove

I did it in sandbox, painted water with max amount of germs, and then just spawned it in. 

It removes germs from water and all gases around it, and it doesn't need to be fully submerged- see screenshots. 

image.thumb.png.283494039aff41bbd98dadc74ba88474.png

The germ filter allows you to see it's range clearly.

460762776_sanishellrange.gif.a3af33de0d233d4611c7c78cadf85fd8.gif

This allows you a set-up like this:

image.thumb.png.90b64f2f13235fc8f246bb0c29b0f009.png

EDIT: 

image.png.88e6556941e694d9246b98c64f9aec2f.png 

I made the pool first, then dropped it in. I assumed it would only clean normal water because that's where it lives. It does have to be a liquid though, they will not clean without being at least partly submerged.

image.png.ef4bcb220e3d11b1ac38a135c4f0aa52.png

Clean crude oil, anyone?

image.png.d659e69757afa7da690f0b42a84f08e4.png

A compact air de-germinator :D

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Insulated the Glass Forge output storage to prevent extreme temperatures, which previously resulted in forming a frozen tile or scalding Duplicants

Thank you.  This annoyed me so many times.

I'm getting crashes when im trying to play in one of the hard asteroids, no mods and default game settings. 

Also, Easiest game settings also crash. 

Linux OS

Edit : crashes when you have to choose your initial dupes. 

Edit 2 : crashes also creating on the default asteroid with space out dlc selected on Not Sweat. 

Player.log

Edited by Sebastiangperez
Other Words Crashes

• Developer
1 hour ago, Sebastiangperez said:

I'm getting crashes when im trying to play in one of the hard asteroids, no mods and default game settings. 

No crash for me on Ubuntu 22.04 - can you supply an strace of the game from startup? Also, please file a bug (and tag @nome and @EricKlei) so that we can move this discussion out of the announcement thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nome said:

No crash for me on Ubuntu 22.04 - can you supply an strace of the game from startup? Also, please file a bug (and tag @nome and @EricKlei) so that we can move this discussion out of the announcement thread.

"can you supply an strace of the game from startup? "

How can i do this ? the game directly closes his window and no crash window appear. 

Edited by Sebastiangperez
Sent to Bugs.

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

How can i do this ? the game directly closes his window and no crash window appear. 

Please open a bug in the bug tracker to continue this discussion. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Primalflower said:

I doubt it would be useful, but can the sanishell destroy Nuclear Waste germs? 

Yes, it can

image.thumb.png.53d2bae65d64c0b16965239814d822e4.png

Even from nuclear waste itself!

Surprisingly, the contaminants don't spread back into the cleaned part, so the sanishell needs access to all the tiles infected in order to clean them,

• Like 3

Unfortunately the volcano-freezing-water-to-extremely-cold-ice issue, listed as fixed in the previous public testing patch, still seems to be present.  (I can't say whether it was still present in that patch or was reintroduced in this one, since I didn't start to do volcano taming until I updated to this patch.)  I have a few QOL mods active but nothing that should affect simulation.  As in previous reports, the culprit metal volcano is located near the right side of the map.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Universal Set said:

Unfortunately the volcano-freezing-water-to-extremely-cold-ice issue, listed as fixed in the previous public testing patch, still seems to be present.  (I can't say whether it was still present in that patch or was reintroduced in this one, since I didn't start to do volcano taming until I updated to this patch.)  I have a few QOL mods active but nothing that should affect simulation.  As in previous reports, the culprit metal volcano is located near the right side of the map.

The fix only applies after the next save/load. You need to open the save on the Fast Friends update, save, then load the save again in order to fix it. Let me know if it still happens after that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

The fix only applies after the next save/load. You need to open the save on the Fast Friends update, save, then load the save again in order to fix it. Let me know if it still happens after that.

This save was actually started on Fast Friends.  It's been saved and then loaded again when I updated my game to this patch as well.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be enough?

• Developer
2 hours ago, Universal Set said:

This save was actually started on Fast Friends.  It's been saved and then loaded again when I updated my game to this patch as well.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be enough?

That should be enough, could you submit a new bug report with your save file attached?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1