Jump to content

Should Wormwood's farming perks get buffed?


Should Wormwood's farming perks get buffed?  

77 members have voted

  1. 1. They seem almost nonexistent as they can be easily replaced and wild crops are not very good in comparison to giant crops. What do you think?

    • They need a change.
      32
    • They don't.
      45


Recommended Posts

I feel like Wormwood's farming perks became almost nonexistent because of how easy it is to replace them and how Wild Crops are worse than giant ones. You can spam farming plots because they are cheap, build One Man's Band that lasts for literally infinity when tending to crops and just spam self feeding crops to get giant ones. That makes most of Wormwood's farming perks not that good, and leaves him with only "being able to plant crops outside of farm plots" which is, again - not very good, because of being unable to grow giant crops with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ability to plant without needing to do the till animation or plant animation make him a fantastic farmer still. Always felt the idea that Wormwoods farming perks became non-existant with RWYS is a bit of a silly misconception.

unknown-26.png

I can plant hundreds upon hundreds of crops and even still get two seeds per! Very fun strat to mass produce pumpkins during the spring season and still get a pumpkin + 2 seeds each, couldn't do that with other characters unless you wanted to spend 10x the time doing the tilling and planting animations. You don't really need giant crops imo when you can plant so much more than other characters in a shorter amount of time, but that's just my two cents on the matter.

(Think the particular cycle of crops here netted us over 1k pumpkins? Minds fuzzy on the memory of this screenshot)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think they need a change. I think this way because just look at him, when he's fully bloomed, he can talk to plants immediately, which is very overpowered. On top of that, he can talk to plants faster, which (sort of?) speeds up that process.

I get it, he can't grow giants without farm plots, but growing wild crops can be good for a later snack, say you're going to the lunar island for example

Plus, I love that he doesn't need to till farm plots to plant, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT, and it makes the process way faster and reliable

Honestly, I think buffing his farming perks will make him OP, which honestly, I don't want, I think his farming perks are good enough

That's all I have to say, because everything else in my head won't make sense to put together with this, ngl, it won't make sense at all :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The ability to plant without needing to do the till animation or plant animation make him a fantastic farmer still. Always felt the idea that Wormwoods farming perks became non-existant with RWYS is a bit of a silly misconception.

I absolutely agree with this. I find it fairly shocking that a lot of people don’t realize how good low maintenance farming is, especially when Wormwood can innately do it without any tilled ground.

Even if you completely disregarded that and only use Wormwood to plant crops on tilled ground, you still outright skip the tilling and most of the planting animation. While it doesn’t sound like a lot, it’s a huge time saver and quickly adds up over time. Wormwood’s innate bloom also contributes as well, even if stuff like the one man band isn’t very expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I decided it would be funny to make 4 3x3 farm plots. All my rope, flint, and boards are gone but it was worth it. What's not worth, is the amount of time I'd need to spend tilling 81 times per farm plot just to plant a lot if I wasn't playing Wormwood. I don't have to till and have a faster plant animation, but I'm still overwhelmed by the constant work due to how fast crops grow by themselves.

If I'm overwhelmed by that as Wormwood, imagine how any other character would do. Not to mention the Digamajigs weren't even needed in the first place because Wormwood still does just as well as he would with these 3x3 farm plots by planting on regular soil, if not better. Obviously I'm not gonna make them grow into giants, it's too much time to fertilize and water all of them and I'm already overwhelmed by planting them alone.

But that's just 3x3 farm plots, now imagine that in free ground where he can plant as much as he wants, doesn't need to fertilize or water at all, and gets even more than what the farm plots would allow. I think it's safe to say Wormwood doesn't really need more farming benefits, if anything he needs benefits to other things like his friendship with plants to make him more than just the farming character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Planting pumpkins in the ground will guarantee 1 raw pumpkin or 37.5 hunger. No matter how many seeds you get, only one will grow at a time if it's not giant.

1 bee hive produces over 50 hunger per hive, has 0 upkeep, and will continue to produce on its own once harvested. 

You can plant hundreds of crops, but the real question is why would you. I don't have mods to queue actions so that's a lot of button mashing, a lot of vegetables to manage, and a lot of button mashing to redo the whole thing again. 

That picture with all the pumpkins is always the same one Quartzbeam keeps posting, and that's for a reason. It's not fun to do it constantly. 

The advantage Wormwood gets from farming is grossly over-exaggerated.

No one is tripping over themselves to hurry up as Wormwood and, "oh boy!", start-ah planting! Using other characters to plant for normal amounts of veggies is just as fine. Wurt easily gets 30% return per veggie and can farm other resources on top of that.

I rather Wormwood stay away from more farming perks regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to agree here, wormwood planting is not that useful in practice when multiple people can get more than enough healing food out of a single rigamajig, and hunger problems have been extinct ever since the bird cage.

Other farm crop perks are close to irrelevant, since tending is practically nonexistant thanks to a combination of one man bands, shell bells, and the fruit fly, and the mild time saves due to not needing to till / go through the planting animation are meaningless compared to the constant flow of filler that keeps filling up my ice box i have far too many potatoes.


Not really sure what the solution to all that would be though, personally i think wormwood got buffed in RWYS anyway thanks to growth formula being bonkers, so it probably does not matter in the end either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

That picture with all the pumpkins is always the same one Quartzbeam keeps posting, and that's for a reason. It's not fun to do it constantly. 

Without failure every time anyone utters the words ‘wormwood’ and ‘farming’ in the same thread that old pic will get dusted off and paraded around :lol::roll:

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

I rather Wormwood stay away from more farming perks regardless.

^ excessive focus on farming in dst is a betrayal to the original Hamlet Wormwood. Hes a lunar magic imbued sentient bundle of vines for crying out loud 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Without failure every time anyone utters the words ‘wormwood’ and ‘farming’ in the same thread that old pic will get dusted off and paraded around :lol::roll:

They think that farming is one of the best food sources since RWYS but while beeboxes exist in this state, nothing can compare. 

Getting that many pumpkin seeds would take longer then any of the methods i'll talk about below which are much better once made since they won't require any additional work except picking the loot up.

 

1. Pig farms, developer graveyard or if you are unlucky with world gen, you can use grass/burning method and have stacks of meat.

2.Varg setup with catapults to farm monster meat and gems.

Pigs and vargs just require more effort to make compared to beeboxes but it can easily be done in the first year.

Farming is only worth with Warly with pepper/garlic/onion combo so that he can make spices.

 

30 minutes ago, Ohan said:

^ excessive focus on farming in dst is a betrayal to the original Hamlet Wormwood. Hes a lunar magic imbued sentient bundle of vines for crying out loud 

I used to think that it was okay for Wormwood to be focused on farming because of the port to DST but my opinion changed since it just doesn't make sense how focused everyone is on his farming perks, that was never his main perk, blooming and interaction with plants should be his core, at least that's how i see it but since DST doesn't have that many interactions with plants like Hamlet, It would be nice if his perks focused around lunar magic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Planting pumpkins in the ground will guarantee 1 raw pumpkin or 37.5 hunger. No matter how many seeds you get, only one will grow at a time if it's not giant.

1 bee hive produces over 50 hunger per hive, has 0 upkeep, and will continue to produce on its own once harvested. 

You can plant hundreds of crops, but the real question is why would you. I don't have mods to queue actions so that's a lot of button mashing, a lot of vegetables to manage, and a lot of button mashing to redo the whole thing again. 

That picture with all the pumpkins is always the same one Quartzbeam keeps posting, and that's for a reason. It's not fun to do it constantly. 

The advantage Wormwood gets from farming is grossly over-exaggerated.

No one is tripping over themselves to hurry up as Wormwood and, "oh boy!", start-ah planting! Using other characters to plant for normal amounts of veggies is just as fine. Wurt easily gets 30% return per veggie and can farm other resources on top of that.

I rather Wormwood stay away from more farming perks regardless.

but that ability is used to in soil which saves a lot of time... by the time a regular character has tilled a 2x2 ground wormwood already has finished planting 100 seeds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Planting pumpkins in the ground will guarantee 1 raw pumpkin or 37.5 hunger. No matter how many seeds you get, only one will grow at a time if it's not giant.

1 bee hive produces over 50 hunger per hive, has 0 upkeep, and will continue to produce on its own once harvested. 

You can plant hundreds of crops, but the real question is why would you. I don't have mods to queue actions so that's a lot of button mashing, a lot of vegetables to manage, and a lot of button mashing to redo the whole thing again. 

Beehives are great, and you can survive on raw honey and taffy alone. But you can't bundle wrap stacks of dragonpies, which is the undisputed king of health and hunger in a single item. And it only costs one dragonfruit and three sticks. Honey hams require farming large meat and monster meat, not as easy as sticks. It does take a while to get that first dragonfruit and convert it into a sizable farm, but the same can be said about having a sufficiently large beehive setup.

I used beehives almost exclusively back in the day for filler, but I recently tried dragonfruit farming and I can totally see why people say that it's a little too good. Bacon and eggs costs four units of meat, honey ham two. Dragonpie requires none. Scaling production up or down is a non-issue because as you farm your yields increase exponentially, unlike meat farms. You could easily plant a hundred dragonpies and you'd funnily be more likely to be limited by your sticks supply rather than your supply of dragonfruits.

I do admit that farming can be somewhat tedious. I use action queue and geometric placement all the time. There's a mod called Snapping tills which makes farming much easier. You can queue a full 3x3 or 4x4 plot at a time and it highlights where to till and snaps on to it. Planting however is still manual.

I doubt that Klei will change farming though, because it's in a pretty good spot. It's a very easy food source early game. And believe it or not, many players actually enjoy farming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

Beehives are great, and you can survive on raw honey and taffy alone. But you can't bundle wrap stacks of dragonpies, which is the undisputed king of health and hunger in a single item. And it only costs one dragonfruit and three sticks. Honey hams require farming large meat and monster meat, not as easy as sticks. It does take a while to get that first dragonfruit and convert it into a sizable farm, but the same can be said about having a sufficiently large beehive setup.

Dragonfruit has a really slow eating animation, its much better to use other healing food in boss fights. While you will always have upkeep when it comes to farming and i can simply make a meat farm for a large meat and honey while they will be much easier to gather, once you are done making these farms, you are set but with dragonfruit you will always need to pant and harvest at the minimum with Wormwood and with any other character you need farm plots and tilling.

20 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I used beehives almost exclusively back in the day for filler, but I recently tried dragonfruit farming and I can totally see why people say that it's a little too good. Bacon and eggs costs four units of meat, honey ham two. Dragonpie requires none. Scaling production up or down is a non-issue because as you farm your yields increase exponentially, unlike meat farms. You could easily plant a hundred dragonpies and you'd funnily be more likely to be limited by your sticks supply rather than your supply of dragonfruits.

Have you made meat farms before? Why do you think dragonpie is better when meat farms only require of you to collect the meat since they are pretty much automated?

Why do you need 100 dragonfruit per harvest? no one needs that much healing, even just taking bosses won't require that much.

25 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I do admit that farming can be somewhat tedious. I use action queue and geometric placement all the time. There's a mod called Snapping tills which makes farming much easier. You can queue a full 3x3 or 4x4 plot at a time and it highlights where to till and snaps on to it. Planting however is still manual.

These mods are pretty much required for farming to even partially compete but never win over better food sources.

Why am i required to use snapping tills,geometric placement and auto queue mods just to farm efficiently? Its really bad for people that play on consoles.

27 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I doubt that Klei will change farming though, because it's in a pretty good spot. It's a very easy food source early game. And believe it or not, many players actually enjoy farming.

Farming is in an okay spot, it will never be used by players that actually focus on efficiency unless it is for Warly's spices and only combo that is worth farming is pepper,garlic and onion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's hard to say Wormwoods farming needs to be buffed any further because he has much more at his disposal than just farming.  He can make Living Logs at will which is really big early game and even in late game I'd argue it's really good when you have jellybeans and are just doing stuff around your base. He has his own special traps that even work on monkeys in an AOE and an armor that recoils damage back at attackers. He also has his blooming system which is great for passive speed boost.

 

I would honestly rather his spike armor and spike traps get a buff than his farming perks myself.

 

32 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Dragonfruit has a really slow eating animation

Are you sure? I'll have to double check but last I ate it I did the quick single-handed eat animation and not the ''stuffing your face'' animation. I don't have any mods that alter eating times either. The only healing item that has a faster animation from the quick eat animation is Wortox dropping a soul and even that has a slight delay.

 

Yeah I just logged in and checked, I did the fast eat animation for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but that ability is used to in soil which saves a lot of time... by the time a regular character has tilled a 2x2 ground wormwood already has finished planting 100 seeds

That's a pretty wild exaggeration.

The problem here isn't how much can you do, but how much is enough. 

Let's first consider Wild crops vs soil crops in a scenario where the soil is already set.

Wormwood's wild crops will never be giants so every time he plants in the ground he saves about ~2 seconds vs tilling.

However a Wurt in another group is aiming at giant veggies. So while she takes about two seconds longer, every veggie planted has the potential at 2.75x the gains per slot used. 

Wormwood also has to harvest more veggies and they are spread out over a larger area. 

Even if Wormwood somehow miraculous harvest everything fast enough to come out on top, this is only displaced time for Wurt and not lost time.

The few seconds Wurt has lagged behind have been made up in Strides collecting resources for the team, killing bosses using merms thus costing near nothing in resources, and setting up an automatic fish/froglegs farm. Veggies don't grown in a day.

In this case Wormwood hasn't been a good "farmer" he instead just went out of his way to be a "farmer". Nothing was truly gained over the other team.

Now let's consider if Wormwood plants in soil instead.

Wormwood is far ahead than Wurt in this case, but only in farming. 

Wurt has no chance of catching up, but she doesn't need to. Wurt isn't dumb, she knows farming is inherently inefficient. She has a set up for using eggs as filler from her mob farms, honey as her main source of hunger, and uses a modest amount of plots for dragonpies (healing). 

The time it takes for Wormwood to surpass the threshold in which Wurt no longer needs to compete in farming is very small. With only needing 4 plots for herself and her team, Wormwood has only saved maybe half a day in comparison. That's half a day Wurt has already made up for; elsewhere. 

If you're growing hundreds of veggies at a time then you probably have a useless Wormwood that can't do anything else and team mates just waiting for food to fall in their laps. Of course if you just like to farm then cool beans, that's not a problem. Let's just not pretend that Wormwood's farming perks are "efficient", because farming itself is not.

The game is not as one dimensional as people want to claim. Characters can be just as good "farmers" if they get to do their farming sooner because they are saving time in other areas of the game or getting more out of what they're farming. Wolfgang gets 2x out of every dragonpies because he kill things (theoretically) 2x faster (and saves other resources).

This is why if other areas of Wormwood kit are improved, he is made a better character for it overall. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really get this whole necessity of choosing best food source, all of them can perform amazingly and suit all your needs, the difference is just execution and experience you're having with them. Of course, on paper meat farming is the most efficient, you can just click on the oven and let it release 20 meats with zero effort. But what if you get bored of that, and you'll want to have fun with another way of making food? You won't get punished for harvesting hundreds of potatoes, they'll work just as good to solve your hunger problem, which usually is never an issue in the first place with a bit of experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Riddla said:

I don't really get this whole necessity of choosing best food source, all of them can perform amazingly and suit all your needs, the difference is just execution and experience you're having with them. Of course, on paper meat farming is the most efficient, you can just click on the oven and let it release 20 meats with zero effort. But what if you get bored of that, and you'll want to have fun with another way of making food? You won't get punished for harvesting hundreds of potatoes, they'll work just as good to solve your hunger problem, which usually is never an issue in the first place with a bit of experience.

The issue is balance, if you want to talk about it you can't ignore the best food sources. When people talk about Wormwood being able to plant unlimited amount of pumpkins without plots or tilling as if this is the greatest perk he has when it can't compare to best food sources.

When you discuss balance you need to talk about everything that is better in a given scenario, that's all it comes down to.

Farming isn't a good source of food, that's a fact. You can still farm as there isn't one way to play the game but when it comes to efficiency it doesn't come close.

Its not a good argument when you say you don't want to play efficiently because that doesn't matter when it comes to balance, you can literally survive of berries all year round, is it fun or is it good?That's up to you to decide. Someone who plays like that shouldn't discuss balance period, because their gameplay doesn't revolve around what is best to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Farming isn't a good source of food, that's a fact. You can still farm as there isn't one way to play the game but when it comes to efficiency it doesn't come close.

I agree until this part. Why exactly do you think farming is bad?
Frequently, when farming is mentioned, one thinks of giant crops, which aren't even necessary to go for in the first place. You can simply till the ground, plant the seeds, and then forget - you get food fresh for picking in just a few days, along with the seeds. It barely takes any time, yet it's so free. Even bigger bonus if you have a friendly fruit fly, or it's raining constantly at spring, because you'll be getting 1-2 seeds upon harvest depending on how you plant.
Extra attention will be required when you do wild seeds, of course, since there will be weeds, nutrient imbalances, water consumption, but just a little effort for that will help you in the long run. Occasionally popping in to play one-man band and then running off to your deeds works great too.

Edit: The feature takes some time to learn, to know how to spread nutrients evenly, to check which seasons are preferred for crops to grow quickly, but for all that work you'll get a very nice reward you can pick passively with not much effort. Meat farms are great for hunger, vegetables are amazing for healing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Riddla said:

I agree until this part. Why exactly do you think farming is bad?
Frequently, when farming is mentioned, one thinks of giant crops, which aren't even necessary to go for in the first place. You can simply till the ground, plant the seeds, and then forget - you get food fresh for picking in just a few days, along with the seeds. It barely takes any time, yet it's so free. Even bigger bonus if you have a friendly fruit fly, or it's raining constantly at spring, because you'll be getting 1-2 seeds upon harvest depending on how you plant.
Extra attention will be required when you do wild seeds, of course, since there will be weeds, nutrient imbalances, water consumption, but just a little effort for that will help you in the long run. Occasionally popping in to play one-man band and then running off to your deeds works great too.

Because as long as there are pretty much automatic meat farms or beeboxes, farming will never come on top, it just comes to what is best and farming can't compare when you need to till the soil or replant the seeds when there are options where you don't need to do that and can just collect the food.

For friendly fruit fly to work you need to have someone close by if i remember correctly so it isn't that useful as you need to stay in your base until crops grow. 

Overall if farming requires any extra work, which it always will require at least planting, it will not be the best food source as there will always be other farms or setups where you only need to collect the food and don't need to invest any time otherwise except the first setup/buidling of the said farm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Dragonfruit has a really slow eating animation, its much better to use other healing food in boss fights. While you will always have upkeep when it comes to farming and i can simply make a meat farm for a large meat and honey while they will be much easier to gather, once you are done making these farms, you are set but with dragonfruit you will always need to pant and harvest at the minimum with Wormwood and with any other character you need farm plots and tilling.

Have you made meat farms before? Why do you think dragonpie is better when meat farms only require of you to collect the meat since they are pretty much automated?

Why do you need 100 dragonfruit per harvest? no one needs that much healing, even just taking bosses won't require that much.

These mods are pretty much required for farming to even partially compete but never win over better food sources.

Why am i required to use snapping tills,geometric placement and auto queue mods just to farm efficiently? Its really bad for people that play on consoles.

Farming is in an okay spot, it will never be used by players that actually focus on efficiency unless it is for Warly's spices and only combo that is worth farming is pepper,garlic and onion.

As pointed out by someone else, it's generally meat foods that have the slow eating animation whereas vegetable based foods are fast to eat. Dragonpie has a fast eating animation. So it's the opposite of what you're saying there.

You're free to show me how you collect 200 pieces of meat for honey ham, half of which must be large meat, in the same time that I till and plant 100 Dragonfruit seeds.

I never said you needed 100 Dragonfruits, the point was more that you can get as many Dragonpies as you need without significant investment in expanding the farm. To double a Lureplant farm in size you'd have to spend a long time collecting more Lureplants. Same with a Pig farm, or a Spider Farm. With how seeds work however, you get exponentially more in a very short time. That said, you totally might want to bundle wrap 4 stacks of Dragonfruits because as said before, they're the best hunger and health combo food in the game, surpassing Honey Ham, Bacon and Eggs, Pierogis and so on. Upscaling and bundle wrapping saves a lot of time, especially on servers with 6 people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

As pointed out by someone else, it's generally meat foods that have the slow eating animation whereas vegetable based foods are fast to eat. Dragonpie has a fast eating animation. So it's the opposite of what you're saying there.

I haven't eaten a dragonpie in years so i can't tell if there was any change but it was a slow animation as far as i remember, someone may correct this if they know.

12 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

You're free to show me how you collect 100 pieces of meat for honey ham, half of which must be large meat, in the same time that I till and plant 100 Dragonfruit seeds.

I don't need 100 pieces of meat at once, if i make a pig farm at developer graveyard and only wait for full moon until they become werepigs and are automatically killed by ghosts when i am nearby, i can build 40-50 pig houses and get 80-100 meat and 40-50 pig skin every time and that will be more then enough food to make into meat stews or honey ham until the next full moon in addition to everything i kill in between that drops meat or healing. 

The advantage of this farm is that i don't need any input after i am done building the pig houses and fences, it will work permanently the same without requiring of me to do anything but be there and collect, while you are ignoring the amount of time it requires to gather 100 dragonfruit seeds, the amount of time it would require you to get that much would be pretty much the same as it would take me to build this farm and hammer all the pig houses i see and gather enough boards.

Plus planting

12 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I never said you needed 100 Dragonfruits, the point was more that you can get as many Dragonpies as you need without significant investment in expanding the farm. To double a Lureplant farm in size you'd have to spend a long time collecting more Lureplants. Same with a Pig farm, or a Spider Farm. With how seeds work however, you get exponentially more in a very short time. That said, you totally might want to bundle wrap 4 stacks of Dragonfruits because as said before, they're the best hunger and health combo food in the game, surpassing Honey Ham, Bacon and Eggs, Pierogis and so on. Upscaling and bundle wrapping saves a lot of time, especially on servers with 6 people.

Doesn't matter the amount you need of healing food, what matters is the input you are required to put in every time you want to get the food you want. You will always need to have input when it comes to farming as you will always need to till and plant plus the need of having farm plots unless you are one specific character that doesn't need to do this, Wormwood.

Why do you think pig farm needs lureplants or a really long time to make? It really doesn't.

Same could be said about varg farm except this one actually takes a bit longer compared to pig farm since it needs catapults, but it gives gems depending on the season.

Doesn't matter which farm you make, bundlewrapping food is always useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I made an error and edited my post but you didn't see it. Of course you'd need not 100 but 200 pieces of meat for 100 Honey Ham, to compete against 100 Dragonpies which only need one Dragonfruit each. Which would equal at least over 100 Pig Houses that you'd somehow need to murder, since they drop Pig Skin 1/4 times. And then another 100 Monster Meat somehow.

You're not getting that in the time it takes me to till, plant, harvest and bundle wrap 100 Dragonfruits. It would take an absurd amount of time to farm the pig skin for that many pig houses alone. That's again what I said, the upscaling is much better on Dragonfruits. You can feed a whole server easily and quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would rather mass farm dragon fruit pie than a bunch of meat tbh. I started getting dragon fruits in my farm myself and they have been the most useful form of food I made in the game. I originally did Beefy Greens but that has the slow eating animation. I like to save honey for poultices which probably isn't too efficient but it can by held in high stacks and doesn't expire and works on Wormwood so imo they're always a nice healing option to have.

 

Saving the time on tilling would probably have saved me more than an hour in my current 199 day world, and on worlds where I go up to 800+ days that's a significant amount of time saved.

 

Not that I can comment on Wormwoods farming since I didn't even know you could use his green thumb to plant stuff in soil, for some reason I always thought being able to do that would consider it a crappy plant and never return a seed for some reason.  Building an elaborate farm when I can just pick up a carrot in autumn, feed it to a bird doubling my seeds each time till 36 and spamming those till spring and summer, then planting all my wild seeds saved up until I get a dragon fruit and then repeating the process with Dragon Fruit feels like a better alternative to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

Yeah I made an error and edited my post but you didn't see it. Of course you'd need not 100 but 200 pieces of meat for 100 Honey Ham, to compete against 100 Dragonpies which only need one Dragonfruit each. Which would equal at least over 100 Pig Houses that you'd somehow need to murder, since they drop Pig Skin 1/4 times. And then another 100 Monster Meat somehow.

You're not getting that in the time it takes me to till, plant, harvest and bundle wrap 100 Dragonfruits. It would take an absurd amount of time to farm the pig skin for that many pig houses alone. That's again what I said, the upscaling is much better on Dragonfruits. You can feed a whole server easily and quickly.

The issue is that you are not calculating how much healing food decent players need, its not even experts but decent players that tank a few more hits compared to good players. I would agree with you that farming is useful if i ever needed 100 dragonpies as fast as possible for healing, but i don't need that much ever and i can make a pig farm that will give me 100 meat every full moon in first ingame year.

Before that i can use pierogi, butterflies and mushrooms, there's no need for me to ever go into farming and i've played DS/DST for so many years and i've never thought that farming is worth my time, only exception is when i want to swap to Warly on a long term world where i want spices, so i use pepper/garlic/onion combo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...