Should Wormwood's farming perks get buffed?

Should Wormwood's farming perks get buffed?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. They seem almost nonexistent as they can be easily replaced and wild crops are not very good in comparison to giant crops. What do you think?

• They need a change.
    • They don't.

18 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

blooming and interaction with plants should be his core

Blooming never was a core perk. His interactions with plants and his health management(and living logs i suppose) (its a negative but still central to his character) were his core defining features. Go fast is a strong perk, that doesnt make it character defining

10 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

You can be insufferable because of how you talk down to people and tell them they’re not a good player or that their food source is bad (not inefficient, you with your full chest said it was flat out bad).

I agree that farming is not overpowered, its strong, and for players who werent trying to (or didnt know how to) set up what i like to call “meta farms” (as in doing something in such an efficient manner that it produces an incredibly large amount of resources with little effort) it can be a game changer.

Im no efficient player and even i realize its always been possible to easily feed almost any number of people by just having a spider den nearby and harvesting ice when winter rolls around. Its certainly not the best method, but its low effort. 

what im saying with this is that some players don’t realize food is inho one of the most abundant and easy to gather resources in the game. As an extension farming cant be op as it only gets you more food. Which you could probably have just gone to the lunar island and combined the offbrand avocados and some monster meat from hound waves and produced more healing than you’d realistically know what to do with.
Or just dug up mushrooms.

Theres dozens of “feed a whole server” “farming methods”, and they can all be moved. Wormwood creating screens worth of pumpkins isnt all that impressive, its just proof that farming is a valid way to feed your server. Side note i think its one of the more fun ways to do so. Having 30 bee boxes that i can visit in any season for an unreasonable amount of no effort honey is efficient… but its boring because i hate when my basic game mechanics are trivialized.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Maxil20 said:

that once you get a dozen or so bottles

Wait, you guys are using growth formula to bloom wormwood? I always just used compost wraps and glommer gloop.  

4 hours ago, twitchgabo said:

farming is kinda useless

How have we devolved so much to the point that ppl are saying this now? Farming is not useless just because of “muh beeboxes” or “muh meat farms” or smth. It is still an excellent food source, and even if there are better alternatives some ppl just prefer to farm (me) because they think it’s more fun. 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:00 AM, Lumine04 said:

Not when you automate with proper combinations and friendly fruit fly so all you gotta do is water the seeds.

Potato Puree is big brain energy (:

Potato Puree is LIFE! <3 <3 <3 

But is actually very frustrating to rely on that because farming is not a pain in the ass as people here expect it too. And also if you need to feed a lot of people you can just gather 2/3 characters to focus on farming for 3 minutes and then wormwood will not be worth it at all. Another thing is the friendly fruitfly, that a better version of his bloom perk, since it is automatic @_@.  Wormwood's perks are only good when you want to afk farming the entire game and ignore everything else XD

On 5/13/2022 at 1:13 AM, goblinball said:

Wait, you guys are using growth formula to bloom wormwood? I always just used compost wraps and glommer gloop.  

How have we devolved so much to the point that ppl are saying this now? Farming is not useless just because of “muh beeboxes” or “muh meat farms” or smth. It is still an excellent food source, and even if there are better alternatives some ppl just prefer to farm (me) because they think it’s more fun. 

The growth formula is better for extending the bloom since it fills the invisble bloom meter higher than the gloop and compost wraps.

The problem is that when you have a certain knowledge and practice in killing mosnters/animals you don't need to rely at all on farming, since it gives you barely no reward:

- If you want HP you can mass produce pierogis with morsels/monster meat. Vegetables can be easily aquired at the desert biomes (cactus) and it gets even better once you have access to kelps and stone fruits.

- If you want Sanity you can just gather some cactus flesh to cook and refill your sanity.

That is why I think Wormwood perks are very underwhelming, specially after the reap what you sow update :S  #plzbuffwormwood

5 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

- If you want HP you can mass produce pierogis with morsels/monster meat. Vegetables can be easily aquired at the desert biomes (cactus) and it gets even better once you have access to kelps and stone fruits.

I hope you know that Wormwood doesn't get healing from food.

36 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I hope you know that Wormwood doesn't get healing from food.

I was refering to healing others since his most """"""""valuable""""""" perk is meant to benefit other characters and not him hehe

3 hours ago, twitchgabo said:

And also if you need to feed a lot of people you can just gather 2/3 characters to focus on farming for 3 minutes and then wormwood will not be worth it at all.

Wormwood is 3 times better than everyone else, therefore he is useless.

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

I think you missed the point. :P

Please clarify for me as he said

3 hours ago, twitchgabo said:

you can just gather 2/3 characters to focus on farming for 3 minutes and then wormwood will not be worth it at all

And eggman said 

27 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Wormwood is 3 times better than everyone else, therefore he is useless.

So when dolphinboy said

24 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

3 times better at doing actions with low reward *

Presumably he was referring to farming 

but eggman said

23 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Wormwood doesn't have a damage 

so overall im lost i guess

Archived