[BETA] Fast Track - Performance Mod for Oxygen Not Included

thank you so much for this mod, i had a 2400 cycle base, with 50 dupes and multiple worlds, and before the game was 5 fps-20 fps with insane pathfinding time(above 5 seconds per dupe per task) now the Fps is double and the game so insanely smooth, the garbage checks are annoying as they happen every 10 seconds, but small price to pay for playableness. yay!

I bumped up my FPS significantly with this Mod ( Intel 12400 System with 5000+ read SSD )

Spaced Out Folia Seed / 5 Planets Full explored / 4 Planets mostly excavated and with Bases. 13 Dupes + Loads of Critters Cycle 769

1) 35 to 55  on  4 X Speed ( modded )

2) 24 to 33  on   6 X Speed

No more Stuttering as well, this mod is true Gold thank you so much for making my Late Game Base so smooth again !

Could be a bug : when multiple dupes going through the suit check point at the same time, some won't get the suit.

Don't have this problem when play without the mod.

Edit : nvm they still do, just somehow less often ... so this is a vanilla bug, my bad.

Edited by MinhPham

23 hours ago, MinhPham said:

Could be a bug : when multiple dupes going through the suit check point at the same time, some won't get the suit.

Don't have this problem when play without the mod.

Edit : nvm they still do, just somehow less often ... so this is a vanilla bug, my bad.

The recent hotfix attempted to fix one atmo suit issue but has likely introduced another, which looks suspiciously like a race condition. Upvote the bugs already reported on this issue!

Looks like another hotfix was released today which might fix the checkpoints.

Edited by Peter Han
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

While the changes in the Public Testing branch may be exciting, Fast Track again does not support any preview branch. Until the changes go live, Fast Track will only run on the publicly released version.

Fast Track 0.9.17 has been released. A few potential issues with reachability have been stamped out, which may also fix a very rare race condition on off-screen weight plates. Performance improvements have also been made in cell change monitoring.

• Like 4

7小时前,彼得·韩说:

虽然公共测试分支中的更改可能令人兴奋,但快速通道再次不支持任何预览分支。在更改生效之前,快速通道将仅在公开发布的版本上运行。

快速通道 0.9.17 已发布。一些潜在的可达性问题已被消除,这也可能修复屏幕外重量板上非常罕见的竞争条件。在细胞变化监测方面也取得了性能改进。

您好,更新后复制器将无法通过空气服检查点,他们会一遍又一遍地穿上和脱下空气服,我已经卸载了所有模组,只留下了 FastTrack,当我禁用 FastTrack 时,此故障消失了。你能解决它吗?
PS:英语不是我的母语,此文本是用翻译软件翻译的,如果有错误,我深表歉意。

7 hours ago, Peter Han said:

While the changes in the Public Testing branch may be exciting, Fast Track again does not support any preview branch. Until the changes go live, Fast Track will only run on the publicly released version.

Fast Track 0.9.17 has been released. A few potential issues with reachability have been stamped out, which may also fix a very rare race condition on off-screen weight plates. Performance improvements have also been made in cell change monitoring.

Hello, after the update the replicator will not be able to pass the air suit checkpoint, they will put on and take off the air suit over and over again, I have uninstalled all mods and left only FastTrack, this failure disappears when I disable FastTrack. Can you trouble solving it?
PS: English is not my native language, this text is translated with translation software, I apologize if there is an error.

14 hours ago, imazined said:

Does anybody else have the problem of random dupes starving to death in the mess hall next to a full fridge of allowed food and after starting the day with a full belly and zero stress?

So it is related to fast track. Happend to me too, twice. My first to deaths, ever, after almost 2000 hours. Not that I am counting them becouse the situation is probably a bug. I suspect it has something to do with the interaction with fast track and other mod, but cant be sure.

Edited by Nogard78

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Is oxygen available? If not, they stop eating and then...

Yep, totally stable base 700+ cycles. Before installing Fast Track I could leave it dozens of cycle do it's own thing. And also I reloaded the cycles auto save and all dead dupes started with nearly 4000 kcal.

4 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

So it is related to fast track. Happend to me too, twice. My first to deaths, ever, after almost 2000 hours. Not that I am counting them becouse the situation is pretty a bug. I suspect it has something to do with the interaction with fast track and other mod, but cant be sure.

So let's compare active mods:

• Improved Rocket Controls
  • Missing Element Textures
  • Extended Bridges
  • Rename Asteroids
  • DGSM
  • Critter Rename
  • Temperature Thresholds
  • Buildable Natural Tile
  • Bigger Camera Zoom Out
  • Better Info Cards
  • No Manual Delivery
  • Customize Plants
  • Blueprints Fixed
  • Bigger Building Menu
  • Wounded Go To Med Bed
  • No Sensor Limits
  • Critter Inventory
  • Sweep By Type
  • Instant Sandbox
  • Mod Updater
  • Pliers 2021
  • Suppress Notifications
  • Pip Plant Overlay
  • Destructible Features
  • Build Over Plants
  • Customizable Speed
  • Move This Here
  • Move Duplicate By Middle Click
  • WGSM
  • Fast Save
  • [Vanilla + DLC] Free Skillpoints
  • Group Favorite Resources
  • Automatic Geyser Calculation
  • Dumping Sign
  • replace Floors

And of course Fast Track

I have no idea which one it might be. I'm sure there is a lot to exclude like "Pip Plant Overlay".

As I wrote earlier the dupes started with a fully belly. So technically they coudn't starve except the Binge Eaters. But there was zero stress.

The first was while I was moving my Great Hall and I deconstructed the dinner table of an eating dupe. As soon as the table was deconstructed he starved instantly. So maybe the bug happens when they are interrupted while eating?

1 hour ago, imazined said:

So let's compare active mods:

Okay.

• Mod Updater.
  • Fast Track
  • True Tiles
  • Pliers FIxed
  • No Long Commutes
  • Supress Notifications
  • Geyser Calculated Average Output
  • Bigger Camera Zoom Out
  • Build Over Plants
  • Clarified Max Decor
  • Skills And Stats Progress
  • Show Building Ranges
  • Gas Overlay
  • Plan Buildings Without Materials
  • Resculpt
  • Worn Siuts Don't Drop Carnisters
  • Space POI Additional Info
  • Sort Artifact First
  • Variocoloured Ballons
  • DGSM (not sure, mayby it was enabled mayby not, it happened almost two weeks ago)
  • Buildable Natural Tile (also unsure)
  • Wallpapaer

So with that, we both have

• Camera Zoom Out
  • Mod Updater
  • Supress Notification
  • Build Over Plants
  • (And maybe DGSM and Natural Tiles)

I started using Fast Track not so long ago and this issue came up after I think 50 cycles of gameplay, and the second one happened 1 day after the first one, so I am almost sure it has to do something with Fast Track... Unfortunetly. Because Fast Track it's such a godsend.

1 hour ago, Nogard78 said:

Okay.

• Mod Updater.
  • Fast Track
  • True Tiles
  • Pliers FIxed
  • No Long Commutes
  • Supress Notifications
  • Geyser Calculated Average Output
  • Bigger Camera Zoom Out
  • Build Over Plants
  • Clarified Max Decor
  • Skills And Stats Progress
  • Show Building Ranges
  • Gas Overlay
  • Plan Buildings Without Materials
  • Resculpt
  • Worn Siuts Don't Drop Carnisters
  • Space POI Additional Info
  • Sort Artifact First
  • Variocoloured Ballons
  • DGSM (not sure, mayby it was enabled mayby not, it happened almost two weeks ago)
  • Buildable Natural Tile (also unsure)
  • Wallpapaer

So with that, we both have

• Camera Zoom Out
  • Mod Updater
  • Supress Notification
  • Build Over Plants
  • (And maybe DGSM and Natural Tiles)

I started using Fast Track not so long ago and this issue came up after I think 50 cycles of gameplay, and the second one happened 1 day after the first one, so I am almost sure it has to do something with Fast Track... Unfortunetly. Because Fast Track it's such a godsend.

My guess would be it is a genuine bug in fast track. Maybe the new reachability changes? My food is accessed by an auto sweeper above freezing tile putting it into a 1kg fridge.<

And yes, it's a pity. Hopefully it will get fixed.

2 hours ago, imazined said:

My food is accessed by an auto sweeper above freezing tile putting it into a 1kg fridge

1 kg is too low. I had dupe miss a meal many time (either distance or food in fridge being reserve for furthest dupe). I played with no mod though. You guys should do a test case and focus on their chores.

19 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

1 kg is too low. I had dupe miss a meal many time (either distance or food in fridge being reserve for furthest dupe). I played with no mod though. You guys should do a test case and focus on their chores.

As I wrote before: I reloaded the auto save of the cycles the dupes starved. They all started with nearly 4000 kcal. So they ate last cycle. Also there was no starvation warning.

Fast Track 0.9.18 has been released. This version has compromised on the rare race condition causing Duplicants to instantly starve by serializing all Amounts updates, which unfortunately will introduce a sizable performance loss. Likewise, several Atmo Suit changes from 0.9.17 have all been reverted as it apparently causes loops in some situations.

• Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2

20 hours ago, Peter Han said:

Fast Track 0.9.18 has been released. This version has compromised on the rare race condition causing Duplicants to instantly starve by serializing all Amounts updates, which unfortunately will introduce a sizable performance loss. Likewise, several Atmo Suit changes from 0.9.17 have all been reverted as it apparently causes loops in some situations.

Wow, that's fast. Thank you!

16 hours ago, imazined said:

Wow, that's fast. Thank you!

So after the update of the mod I played for three hours and it happened again: instant starved while eating without a warning. Checked previous cycle. +3k kcal and and zero stress.

12 hours ago, imazined said:

So after the update of the mod I played for three hours and it happened again: instant starved while eating without a warning. Checked previous cycle. +3k kcal and and zero stress.

It seems like this race condition is machine specific - thousands of hours of testing (yes, literal thousands) have never reproduced this issue even once on my end. If you have the time, can you try disabling each option in the options menu, one at a time (or half at a time with a binary search if you know how to do that) and isolate which one it is?

6 hours ago, Peter Han said:

It seems like this race condition is machine specific - thousands of hours of testing (yes, literal thousands) have never reproduced this issue even once on my end. If you have the time, can you try disabling each option in the options menu, one at a time (or half at a time with a binary search if you know how to do that) and isolate which one it is?

Any idea which options might be the most promising? I guess something like using mesh renderers isn't too probable to cause this bug.