What warrants a fourm post to be closed?

Just saying i made a post that was about the upcoming update and now its closed prematurely. I dont know whyits closed my post seems to me to still be a relevant subject. I think the post I made should still be open for like post update talk because the update is not live yet but whatever. Is klei trying to silence me because im talking about there super long track record of neglecting to actually care about there controller supported patrons? Like wtf why is my post closed?  I thought the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms is the equivalent to the American bill of rights but i guess not....

when HIM (i hope you know who HIM is, he has some sort of steam pipe) gets realy sad and angry that chaos is happening in a thread, or that its against rules of some kind, then HIM comes in and maybe gives a warning first, but if done more HIM has to use the lock to make it stop whit the arguin over and over things

6 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

when HIM (i hope you know who HIM is, he has some sort of steam pipe) gets realy sad and angry that chaos is happening in a thread, or that its against rules of some kind, then HIM comes in and maybe gives a warning first, but if done more HIM has to use the lock to make it stop whit the arguin over and over things

Yes, I know. Him is He

1 hour ago, Dr.Medic said:

We should be glad as long as it is only HIM, the scary point is, when THEY show up in a thread...

9 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

Just saying i made a post that was about the upcoming update and now its closed prematurely. I dont know whyits closed my post seems to me to still be a relevant subject. I think the post I made should still be open for like post update talk because the update is not live yet but whatever. Is klei trying to silence me because im talking about there super long track record of neglecting to actually care about there controller supported patrons? Like wtf why is my post closed?  I thought the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms is the equivalent to the American bill of rights but i guess not....

I don't actually see many threads locked because of the Original Poster's initial post, more it's caused by violations of the community guidelines by other people who either drag the conversation deeper into a more abstract rabbit hole (irrelevant from the original post), or if members cannot stay civil in their discussions and become a combination of Pomeranians and chihuahuas having a heated discussion through a fence.

Also, don't try to throw in some political bait. This is an online video game forum, managed & moderated by a private company. Relax, and enjoy the content and discussion, just stay within the guidelines.

If you really feel your thread was closed prematurely, you could try making another one to discuss your message if you still want it clearly communicated. But, if other members cannot keep their act together, it's not your fault, but the thread is enabling the behavior and needs to get shut down, at least until people can start acting mature again and return to discussing the issue in a constructive way.

Archived