Should Wanda be harder?

any character is easy once you get skill. I don't think any characters should be nerfed because in the grand scheme of things character choice doesn't dictate how good your run is and is only a small percentage of it, so as long as they are fun they are fine.

The only idea I could think of is a timer that ticks down for every minute she's fully insane which results in a big boi strong boss coming after that wanda soecifically, thus leading to an interesting dynamic where your nightmare fuel reliant playstyle requires more strategic planning for getting and using nightmare fuel instead of just constantly being insane to satisfy the urge. Though in the grand scheme of things, Wanda is perfectly fine the way she is. Her true power only shines when you've put a lot of time into the world and are competent enough in fights to avoid taking massive amounts of damage, which means she actively encourages you to learn and grow to her playstyle to fully get the most out of her.

When I first saw her short I expected her big downside to be being chased down by shadows constantly, and her combat oriented design and quick travel abilities seemed perfect for it too.

It does seem like a novel idea on paper, but in practice it just means Wanda would be constantly functionally insane, have no reason to keep up her sanity since she's already chased constantly, and the idea of being harassed by shadows while just trying to gather resources or fight bosses just doesn't sound fun to manage long-term, compared to her age gimmick.

Speaking in terms of the lore, Wanda's mishap near the end of the short somehow warped her into the Constant, where it appears she is clearly still stalked by Them but for some reason no longer hunted down - unless in gameplay mechanics, she becomes 'too old to run from her fate'.

However it works right now it feels like they were placated by her being dragged into the Constant - perhaps because shadow creatures exist everywhere in the Constant, but are only able to become corporeal and aggressive once you become insane and able to perceive them. Or are by a nightmare light or something.

What Klei needs to look at, is that they have this huge cast of playable characters (no where near as big as Smite mind you.. but Huge Nonetheless..)

Each of these playable characters SHOULD offer up their own very unique way of playing the game that makes you actually want to pick and play as them to get that kind of experience out of them.

While some people will say “No she’s fine as Is” 

I can not and will not EVER see it that way because the way I feel about it is whenever Klei does a content update that can benefit or hinder a certain playable character- then that update SHOULD benefit or hinder that character.

Take the Eye of the Storm update and Woodie & Willow in that update into consideration.

Or Water Logged/ Webber Rework with Webber.

Or RWYS with Wurt & Wormwood.

If the update CAN Benefit or Harm X… it should.

So yes… WANDA isn’t immune to having content added to the game later that much like Woodie in Eye of the Storm- Makes her life a little more difficult.

And I could give a bunch of crazy suggestions for that- such as Walls or void dimensions that fluctuate Time itself so you would have to be the right “Age” as Wanda to get past..

But my “Point” is if an update CAN Benefit or Hinder X.. then it SHOULD.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What Klei needs to look at, is that they have this huge cast of playable characters (no where near as big as Smite mind you.. but Huge Nonetheless..)

Each of these playable characters SHOULD offer up their own very unique way of playing the game that makes you actually want to pick and play as them to get that kind of experience out of them.

While some people will say “No she’s fine as Is” 

I can not and will not EVER see it that way because the way I feel about it is whenever Klei does a content update that can benefit or hinder a certain playable character- then that update SHOULD benefit or hinder that character.

Take the Eye of the Storm update and Woodie & Willow in that update into consideration.

Or Water Logged/ Webber Rework with Webber.

Or RWYS with Wurt & Wormwood.

If the update CAN Benefit or Harm X… it should.

So yes… WANDA isn’t immune to having content added to the game later that much like Woodie in Eye of the Storm- Makes her life a little more difficult.

And I could give a bunch of crazy suggestions for that- such as Walls or void dimensions that fluctuate Time itself so you would have to be the right “Age” as Wanda to get past..

But my “Point” is if an update CAN Benefit or Hinder X.. then it SHOULD.

True, though theres some really cool stuff they could add to make Wanda a bit more difficult with the shadow creatures 

Idk. On one hand, she is absolutely insane and is probably the most op character in the right hands. On the other hand however, you need the right hands otherwise you would be struggling really hard with Wanda. I just think darksword should be stronger for middle aged instead of alarming clock and then it would be all good.

22 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Idk. On one hand, she is absolutely insane and is probably the most op character in the right hands. On the other hand however, you need the right hands otherwise you would be struggling really hard with Wanda. I just think darksword should be stronger for middle aged instead of alarming clock and then it would be all good.

Not really, at least for me. For me, once I just remembered to use the ageless clock and watch my age meter it became super easy fo r me, which is why I thought she needed to be more harder. Dark sword shouldnt be Wanda's weapon, shes not a duelist, she should be using Alarming Clock, its not like Walter should keep using boomerangs

22 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

I think her difficulty is fine, and like Dextops mentioned once youre used to it, the character becomes easy.

If anything i just think she might be too strong.

Ye, though her being too strong should be more balanced by maybe just making shadow monsters just more dangerous, you can literally hold F with an alarming clock on Crawling Horror and boom its ded, and Terrorbreaks r a bit harder but just move a bit and hit and boom theyre ded

13 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

On what?

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont enjoy "free wins" in videogames so having something super easy can be not fun or even super boring

Yeah pretty much that, people like a challenge as long as is not something frustrating (aka poorly designed, unfair, luck based, etc)

Archived